Xperia Z shattered screen - Help

Xperia's don't have gorilla glass on the front screen, its dragontail. Little weaker than gorilla according to this video

The xperias need more care than other gorilla glass screens.

Interesting. I thought the P51 was the only phone so far to use dragontrail.

In matter of screen replacement- and keeping screens in stock-- Samsung I think is unbeatable- Shimla is a smaller city- when my son's Galaxy s2 AMOLED screen got broken-( own fault)- the service center got the screen third day- took 15 min to change it-- total Rs. 4k odd.. same last year with a 3 yrd old-Samsung Wave s8500- my daughter broke the screen- i thought the phone is write off- but Samsung Service provided the replacement AMOLED Panel within 3 days..

Samsung's or samsung like builds are easy to repair. Might suffer in the looks dept but will last longer consequently.

Waterproof phones require more skilled labour to ensure they are waterproof after.

This 80% cost that OP mentions is a bit suspect. Depends how damaged the unit is i guess.

Rs.20k or ~50% of the cost is the most common figure i've seen quoted for a screen repair for the Z. If 20k is 80% what OP paid then he got an absolute steal price for the Z.

It's still very high. 5-10k should have been the max. But that is what you put up with if you want waterproof.

On the sony forum, the one thing i noticed is its mostly indian users complaining about high repair price. Actually, it isn't repair more like replacement. You can't get them repaired. Makes me think Sony India service for Z isn't as well set up as abroad.

They told me that they don't have authority to open the phone and that it has to go the head office, now the interesting part is that apparently they cannot replace only the screen and will have to replace the entire phone. The replacement can only happen if I pay 80% of the phone cost.
From what i found out its the guys in Sweden that tell them whether it can be repaired or not. Depending on damage.

Its only if it cannot be repaired that you have to replace it.

Back