Xtreamer India - Now on TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news, xtreamer is a pretty cool device - I used it for a while before switching to another player (NMT) & I can see it is improving from then. Would really help if you please clarify following:

Xtreamer.India said:
The first lot was to make people believe that Xtreamer India can actually deliver what it commits and they are many buyers now who can confirm that almost 90% of buyers got the delivery before the committed date and the product is also latest with no fan problems and latest firmware. The rest 10% got it on the committed date. Not even a single delivery is delayed.

Isn’t it assumed that delivery should be as committed? :)

Btw, I am happy to see this claim considering the fact that how pathetic is shipping and commitment at xtreamer global website (ours was delayed to the extent that we just lost hope). While based on past experience, this claim looks skeptical, would you comment on delivery time here (say if I order today, when will I receive my xtreamer)?

Xtreamer.India said:
…product is also latest with no fan problems and latest firmware.

hmm, this seems like a news - Are you delivering a special version to Indian customers? :)

I am wondering because I myself was put off by the high pitch fan noise& heat generated by xtreamer and eventually decided to get HDX-1000 (100% silent device) (well there are couple of more problems too with xtreamer like no simultaneous optical/hdmi audio output, no torrent client etc). There are couples of posts in xtreamer forum itself about these issues and modifications; & despite of that you claiming no fan or noise issues look a little misleading here, unless offcourse you are shipping some brand new design for Indian customers (I would certainly buy one if this is the case)

e.g. Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Xtreamer Noiseless MOD

TBH, you yourself mentioning this here so proactively might be indicating some kind of problem :)

Xtreamer.India said:
If you want to buy it through your credit card, just email us, we will issue an invoice with the instruction to pay on PayPal. The amount will be US$220 plus shipping charges which is slightly higher because of PayPal charges.

What made you charge considerably high compared to international customers which is Euro99+Euro20 for shipping (roughly $170). We ordered on xtreamer and there was no problem of custom etc. Wouldn't it be better to for interested customers buy from your international website than paying premium here?

While I am impressed by the specs and features this little device offers, unfortunately some early experience weren’t in good taste and hence clarification to above will be encouraging. Just came across a few links, sharing for those who might be interested.

xtreamer - everything in here please.
pch a110 vs hdx100 vs xtreamer what to buy ?
Xtreamer or PCH?? worth the extra ££ ??? - AVForums.com

What made you charge considerably high compared to international customers which is Euro99+Euro20 for shipping (roughly $170). We ordered on xtreamer and there was no problem of custom etc. Wouldn't it be better to for interested customers buy from your international website than paying premium here?

Yes even I ordered from xtreamer.net and there was no customs. Total damage Rs 8400. Also now the shipping issues have been resolved I think and they are shipping within a week itself. I got it 4 days after it was shipped from Hong Kong.

Couple of end users can get away with custom duty but as a company, when we import in bulk, we have to pay custom duty.

Also, we all know tax structure of our country. Please give some respect to the cost of local warranty. :)

will this thing be a good buy with a projector or a htpc ? :S

lemme rephrase.

basically I want something to run 1080p max ouput with an ease. I download HD movies and that should run either through wi-fi or drive.

So if that is my use, then htpc is maybe not a good option if I can get this thing for lesser and compact price which will do same job ?

eh. :S

Xtreamer.India said:
Couple of end users can get away with custom duty but as a company, when we import in bulk, we have to pay custom duty.

Also, we all know tax structure of our country. Please give some respect to the cost of local warranty. :)

I agree, to it. Individuals are able to escape the customs with an ease..not the companies they cant take risk of the shipment coming.

coolraghav said:
will this thing be a good buy with a projector or a htpc ? :S

lemme rephrase.

basically I want something to run 1080p max ouput with an ease. I download HD movies and that should run either through wi-fi or drive.

So if that is my use, then htpc is maybe not a good option if I can get this thing for lesser and compact price which will do same job ?
Get a projector and a large screen if you want to watch only movies. You can use wdhtv/xtreamer/Tvix to playback your high defs.. You can do the same with a HTPC setup but the pain of setting up and assembling a computer will be there.. an HPTC can be used for many other purposes too :eek:hyeah:

Special offer for TE members only: Free 1.5m HDMI Cable for all purchases done on 21, 22 and 23 September. :clap:

If you send us email, please mention your TE username to avail this offer.

This offer is strictly for 3 days only. Offer valid for the funds deposit/online transfer done before midnight of 23rd September, 2009.

Hope TE members will enjoy this offer.

Xtreamer.India said:

So you chose not to answer my rest of the question like wrong claims about no fan noise, shipping commitment etc - exactly as heard of xtreamer. Pathetic customer support :)

This is general post to all TE members.

Things have considerably changed since the device was just launched.

Please see the following link of August, 2009 when latest firmware was 1.02.

Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Is the noise too much for you?

"OK. i dug out my dB meter to performe some tests. from my usual viewing position i was not able to measure any difference in soundlevel between a switched off and a switched on xtreamer, although i could hear the difference slightly ( this was on a quiet sunday morning in a quiet suburb, all other equipment switched off, even the tv ). basic soundlevel in the room was < 50dBa.
to be able to measure anything at all, i placed the soundlevel meter direct in front of the fan ( my xtreamer has a 500 GB disk inside and lies on its leftside, antenna pointing up ) on only a few mm distance, not touching it, and switched the xtreamer on, waited 15 minutes to stabilize for each setting ( except fan off )
soundlevel fan off: 54 dBa
soundlevel fan low: 61 dBa
soundlevel fan middle: 62 dBa
soundlevel fan high: 72 DBa
remember, this measurements were not done in a soundproof chamber, just an ordinary livingroom! as the soundlevel decreases very rapidly with distance - theoretically in an open space with the 3rd power of the distance - you can imagine i can't measure anything on a distance of a few meters.
so i really can't imagine what the fuzz is about ........"

Now, the new firmware 1.03.1 is out and in the firmware 1.03 onwards, manual setting of fan speed option has been added in Setup->MISC->Fan Speed->Manual. User can set Fan speed from 0~50.(0 for off).

Xtreamer Official Forum &bull; View topic - Announcement !!! 1.0.3 firmware release

Hope, it will help TE members to make up their mind. :)

Good, so you are opening up now :) Well, that's a work around and not the solution. The device gets extremely hot and reducing fan speed only increases the problem - whole discussion is in NMT forum.

Btw, here is result from the link you posted from your own forum, clearly majority agrees that noise is a problem (33+12+3 %)

Is the Xtreamer too loud for you?
Yes - I find it unbearable and wish I had never bought it. 33% [ 23 ]
Yes - I have modded it and now find it acceptable. 12% [ 8 ]
Yes - I have modded it but still find it unacceptable. 3% [ 2 ]

No - It doesn't bother me, I don't hear it when watching movies. 39% [ 27 ]
No - As I have the fan switched off 3% [ 2 ] God help them :)
Other (please post comment below)

And when bad thing happens, RMA requests are simply been rejected or no response from Xtreamer team. My friend is struggling to get RMA after his device failed and here is similar case from xtreamer forum itself.

ul 21 RMA filled
Jul 30 "in two days we will replace your device for a new one. within 1 week, we will contact you to arrange the replacement"
Aug 17 "within 48hours you will receive a tracking number"
Aug 21 "you are in first priority of the next shipment which will start next week"
Aug 22 Got tracking number that immediately shows "15.08.09 06:17 International Parcel Station Shipment to abroad was processed at the IPS"
........................no status update on tracking number since then
Sep 1 Contacted Sales again asking either find & deliver my RMA or cancel & refund it. No any answer till today.

Btw, what about shipping commitment? You seems to conveniently ignoring my questions :)

^ Yusuf, no offence but there's no point settling a score with a distributor for issues you're facing with the main company. I would suggest keeping those issues to a separate thread, unless its an issue faced with this particular dealer.

Your statements seem a bit contradictory too. You claim its cheaper to buy from the main site, but then crib about delivery times and RMA. AFAIK, thats exactly the idea behind having a local distributor, so you get better local support and firmer commitments on when it can be shipped.

I agree with crazy eddy.

@yusuf
the official forum for xtreamer is precisely there for the kind of queries (build issues etc that need to be taken to the view of the manufacturer) you are making here. :)

crapping a dealer's thread bcos you or your friends are having issues with the product is not a good thing to do :no:

my humble request is that after contacting the source of your purchase, if not satisfied and compensated for genuine issues then start a seperate thread for voicing your concerns and for sharing your experiences with us fellow TE members. :cool2:

_

hahah, honestly, I do not even have remote intentions to settle the score etc. but could not resist commenting when someone openly tries to mislead with dubious history behind. And this confirms when these guys does not even answer properly. Now it does not matter whether they are distributor or xtreamer company itself ( Xtreamer.India).

All I asked is some clarifications to claims they have made & all they could have done was to answer like any other dealers at TE, isn't? (10K is not a small amount for many of us to be thrown away without getting things clarified)

I do not think anything wrong in openly clarifying in benefit to all - but if mods feel so, I will back off.

@xtreamer_india, I am still waiting for answers to shipping commitment :)

@xtreamer.india

Thank you for the excellent service provided while buying the Xtreamer. I got the delivery 3 days ahead of the promised date. :hap2:

I want to buy 2 more units, 1 for my bro-in-law and another for my friend. But since I am in Delhi, I don't feel like spending 1300 rupees for shipping. I can come over and pick up the units. Also, if you can give 3 free HDMI cables with 2 units so I will also have one. :rofl:

So far not been able to pick it up from the market.

Can I pay n pick tomorrow?

Dear Ajay,

Thanks for appreciation.

As we mentioned earlier, shipping charges are must for all the buyers including Delhi/NCR buyers. However, you are one of the first customers of Xtreamer India, and you are yourself ready to pick up the units, we will not charge for shipping. :)

But you will have to follow the process, as we don't accept cash, please deposit/transfer the funds in our bank account, send us the proof and then we will block 2 units for you.

About HDMI Cable, that's a special offer for TE members so you can expect 2 cables with 2 units. However, when you come to our office, please pick up one cable for yourself at really special price for you. :)

In case you want us to ship these units, we assure you that if the funds are credited in our account before 3:00 PM, the units will be couriered same day and in most probabilities you should get it next day. We will offer 50% discount on shipping charges for 2nd unit. So, Rs.975/- shipping charges for 2 units.

Hope I made it clear.

i'm interested...

just a few questions tho :

1. what's the max HDD size it can take internally?

2. what kind of wireless hardware do i need on my PC?...ie do i need a wireless router or a simple usb wireless adapter dongle will do....i assume a router will be needed to broadcast, right?

3. if setup properly using above dongle, will the HDD stored in the xstreamer be visible as a read/write shared drive on my PC? therefore, i can copy/remove/update files on the xtreamer hdd FROM my PC?

4. can i access and play files on my PC drives from the xtreamer thru the above setup? therefore, if my PC is on, all data on HDDs will be readable?

5. is there a simple instruction manual for the above procedures

6. do you have the xtreamer in stock currently, and if not what will be the ETA?

7. what discount can you offer? 9990 is a huge 50% increase over the WDTVs 6700....i can understand the network support etc, but i request you to reconsider nonetheless

8. is the free shipping scheme still on? 650 bucks is overpriced imo

finally, the whole wireless thing is important, as it obviates the need to keep dumping movies to a usb hdd and moving it to the player a-la WDTV....a very important feature for lazy people

reply to all my points, and i will make a wire transfer to your account tommorow

cheers

a n o o p

mumbai

Dear Anoop,

Please see the answers in bold. But before answering, I would like to clarify this to all members of TE to please go through Xtreamer Home and Xtreamer Official Forum &bull; Index page to know about the features, pros and cons and guides to do things.

Members of TE are more tech-savvy than most of us at Xtreamer India office. We are here to provide you the device at best possible price and in minimum possible time and to give you support if you face any hardware problem in your device.

an123 said:
i'm interested...

just a few questions tho :
1. what's the max HDD size it can take internally?
500GB with the current firmware

2. what kind of wireless hardware do i need on my PC?...ie do i need a wireless router or a simple usb wireless adapter dongle will do....i assume a router will be needed to broadcast, right?
3. if setup properly using above dongle, will the HDD stored in the xstreamer be visible as a read/write shared drive on my PC? therefore, i can copy/remove/update files on the xtreamer hdd FROM my PC?
4. can i access and play files on my PC drives from the xtreamer thru the above setup? therefore, if my PC is on, all data on HDDs will be readable?
5. is there a simple instruction manual for the above procedures
WiFi Router should be required for all the tasks you mentioned, please confirm at Xtreamer Official Forum &bull; Index page

6. do you have the xtreamer in stock currently, and if not what will be the ETA?
Yes, currently we have few units. If the funds are credited in our account before 3:00 PM tomorrow, the unit will be couriered tomorrow itself.

7. what discount can you offer? 9990 is a huge 50% increase over the WDTVs 6700....i can understand the network support etc, but i request you to reconsider nonetheless
Sorry no discount.

8. is the free shipping scheme still on? 650 bucks is overpriced imo
Free shipping is NOT on. its not overpriced, we have to pay Rs.650/-. We do not add our profit to shipping charges. Blue Dart is expensive but it is safer than most others.

finally, the whole wireless thing is important, as it obviates the need to keep dumping movies to a usb hdd and moving it to the player a-la WDTV....a very important feature for lazy people
Yes, data transfer from PC to the Xtreamer's internal hard disk should be possible. Please confirm at Xtreamer Official Forum &bull; Index page

reply to all my points, and i will make a wire transfer to your account tommorow

cheers
a n o o p
mumbai

Hope you got your answers.

yusuf said:
All I asked is some clarifications to claims they have made & all they could have done was to answer like any other dealers at TE, isn't? (10K is not a small amount for many of us to be thrown away without getting things clarified)

I do not think anything wrong in openly clarifying in benefit to all - but if mods feel so, I will back off.

Please don't get me wrong.. feel free to clarify, we're certainly not asking you to back off. I was merely trying to say - don't shoot the messenger! ;)

Xtreamer.India is not associated with the R&D of the product, so firing them about technical issues with the product seemed inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back