Car & Bike XUV700 Car Audio upgrade

Planning to buy a new car in coming months. The company car audio setup is not upto the mark from my research thus far. So thought of making plans to upgrade either soon after delivery or after 6 months time.

I have no clue what constitutes audio setup in car. Also the local shops have hi-fi exotic brand names which i think wont be upto the mark with regards to performance.

I have no clue what should be the budget , what components needed , etc. Anyone can guide me on this ?

My booked car is XUV700 AX7

The company car audio setup is not upto the mark from my research thus far
Audio quality is very subjective, what sounds as excellent for one person might be below average for somebody else. Listen to the stock audio system for some time and see if it really needs improvement. High end car audio systems are expensive and difficult to setup unless you get a competent installer.

Also the stock audio systems are often integrated to other subsystems in the car which limits you from replacing / modifying some of the components. Modifications that alter the wiring of the car can result in manufacturer denying warranty claims for electrical systems of the car

I wont be doing the installation , since it will involve extensive removal of panels and whatnot.

This is a general thread ,which i think we can discuss on what is essential and what brands to choose from / vendors/online sites , size of speakers , sub woofer , amps etc.

I will be evaluating the speakers for sure . This is just a backup thread , in case i need to upgrade the sound system. Meanwhile i can and others who are on the same boat can keep an eye on such system.

Ive driven my sister's XUV700 AX7 model for a week. Believe me, the audio quality is much better than many car manufacturers out there. It might not be as good as a Harman unit in a Safari, but it's way above average. I would suggest you to play around the audio eq settings for a while and see if it changes things.

Ive driven my sister's XUV700 AX7 model for a week. Believe me, the audio quality is much better than many car manufacturers out there. It might not be as good as a Harman unit in a Safari, but it's way above average. I would suggest you to play around the audio eq settings for a while and see if it changes things.
thats nice to hear.. (out of topic : how is the car ? :) )

I always anyone getting into car audio to first read this https://www.bcae1.com/
I'd add this from Team-BHP.

I don't own a car, so don't have any experience on this; but if I were you, I'd have two immediate concerns - warranty & panel fitment after the job. So, I suggest you:
1. Check with your dealership about warranty.
2. Check with the local shop of your choice whether they've done this before (and if possible, take a look at their work). Removing panels to do the wiring is just the first step; re-installing with "factory-fit & finish" is basically impossible.

Audio quality is very subjective, what sounds as excellent for one person might be below average for somebody else. Listen to the stock audio system for some time and see if it really needs improvement. High end car audio systems are expensive and difficult to setup unless you get a competent installer.

Also the stock audio systems are often integrated to other subsystems in the car which limits you from replacing / modifying some of the components. Modifications that alter the wiring of the car can result in manufacturer denying warranty claims for electrical systems of the car
+1

My friend has XUV700 AX7 & the audio system in terms of sound quality is definitely not an issue by any metric for me. The issue I have seen on his vehicle is wireless Android auto sometimes not working, randomly disconnects. I feel this is a Mahindra issue. You need to restart the vehicle at times to solve it. Wired connection is more stable.
thats nice to hear.. (out of topic : how is the car ? :) )
Do not buy petrol. You will regret it no matter how much excited you are by the performance. This performance is useless in a city. My friend won't accept it easily but he uses his vehicle much lower now. He used to go to Chennai from BLR using his vehicle, now he doesn't do that all the time :p

When we go on a group trip, XUV700's fuel cost will be close to 2.5x the cost of another friend's Duster diesel.

If you are an audiophile, what is your budget and expectations.
sorry for late reply.

My budget would be around 50K -75k max. Would love to upgrade on step wise , ir main speakers first , sub later etc. This way i can get the basic upgrade first.

Also since others have said to first audition the factory audio system , will do that and then decide.

My decision to plan for upgrade is because of teardown of xuv700 speakers on youtube , which revealed very flimsy speakers.(
)
I'd add this from Team-BHP.

I don't own a car, so don't have any experience on this; but if I were you, I'd have two immediate concerns - warranty & panel fitment after the job. So, I suggest you:
1. Check with your dealership about warranty.
2. Check with the local shop of your choice whether they've done this before (and if possible, take a look at their work). Removing panels to do the wiring is just the first step; re-installing with "factory-fit & finish" is basically impossible.
I had minor scratches in my current honda WRV when local shop installed the audio system.
Of course getting it down in reputed shops and having a watchful eyes might prevent these.
Yes will surely ask about warranty , but i am sure none of the dealer guy will even remotely say warranty will be intact since they can never give assurance of work done outside.

I myself own a Honda City. Believe me when I say this, XUV is miles ahead (I know it's not apple to apple comparison). What I liked very much is the cabin silence. I mean, it's literally silent.
Honda city diesel is so loud. I decided that I would never buy another diesel car after owning this for a few years. My friends XUV300 is silent. I couldn’t believe it. South koreans have worked wonders for Mahindra. I couldn’t believe that it is a Mahindra. Honda is just horrible in India both in cars and two wheelers.

Honda city diesel is so loud. I decided that I would never buy another diesel car after owning this for a few years. My friends XUV300 is silent. I couldn’t believe it. South koreans have worked wonders for Mahindra. I couldn’t believe that it is a Mahindra. Honda is just horrible in India both in cars and two wheelers.
Fortunately mine is Petrol and I still felt XUV700's cabin silence to be miles ahead.

Fortunately mine is Petrol and I still felt XUV700's cabin silence to be miles ahead.
Yes, the city is very cheaply built. It was overall an OK car, but everything is really cheap. Even the levers (invisible) that open the doors are made of plastic and one of them broke in 2 years and another one in 6 years. A metal hook rolls over it. I couldn't believe that the lever for a very important part is made of plastic. The metal hook removes a bit of plastic every time you open the door. So, it is not a question of "if" but "when" it will break.
My VW is so much better in everything, except the light steering. I know some people like the heavier steering in VW's but I really enjoyed driving the light steering Honda city. It was much less work.

Back