YOU Broadband - Chennai - Beware

^ I am in Banashankari, Bangalore. I paid them on Jan 12th, they activated the connection on Feb 5th (after tons and tons of follow up).
Oh man, that sounds just like You, anyways will wait for your detailed review on the performance.

@technofast , Could you share a couple of contacts for You. I'm pretty much in the same situation, but hearing about a decent connection feels good though.
Hey there, I signed up on Sunday, the sales said will be done in 3 days or max by Friday, he isnt taking my called from yesterday, so I am no optimistic at all, but falling for incompetent organization due to review given by folks here.

Please provide details on your area and when you paid up for the connection, if you recall the sales guys name?

Hey there, I signed up on Sunday, the sales said will be done in 3 days or max by Friday, he isnt taking my called from yesterday, so I am no optimistic at all, but falling for incompetent organization due to review given by folks here.

Please provide details on your area and when you paid up for the connection, if you recall the sales guys name?
You can call Mahendran 09840663239 (If you are in Chennai). He is the senior area manager. For me the connection came after 15 days. It might take time but they would give the connection. I had checked with him whne the connection was delayed and he helped sorting this out.

@v1gnesh you can also call Mahendran (again if you are in Chennai) and he would be able to help you out.

You can call Mahendran 09840663239 (If you are in Chennai). He is the senior area manager. For me the connection came after 15 days. It might take time but they would give the connection. I had checked with him whne the connection was delayed and he helped sorting this out.

@v1gnesh you can also call Mahendran (again if you are in Chennai) and he would be able to help you out.

Thanks will wait for their 7 business days claim.

@JMP - waiting for your review.

I registered for a connection on the 6th Feb with Raman. 33 Mbps, 100 GB, 1.7k for 2 months. But looks like I have to change that plan as the previous posts say that the connection will be disabled post the limit.

I kept nagging and a guy (Ramanathan) said 100% they'll finish the connection today.

I'm in Kodambakkam, near the railway station.

Thanks for the guy's number.
So how do you find the connection? How frequent are the disconnects, if any?

Last edited:
I registered for a connection on the 6th Feb with Raman. 33 Mbps, 100 GB, 1.7k for 2 months. But looks like I have to change that plan as the previous posts say that the connection will be disabled post the limit.

I kept nagging and a guy (Ramanathan) said 100% they'll finish the connection today.

I'm in Kodambakkam, near the railway station.
There is another plan for 33mbps 50gb for Rs.700 with FUP of 1mbps after crossing 50gb[DOUBLEPOST=1423834485][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the guy's number.
So how do you find the connection? How frequent are the disconnects, if any?
The connection is very good with the specified speed limit being maintained always. No disconnection from the time of installation until now which is more than a month and half now. Also ACT Broadband has also started giving connections in my area.

Last edited:
About the plan - I've paid upfront for 2 months. Can I change plans at the moment? Connection hasn't been initialized yet.

What's the contention ratio going to mean for a user? I believe it's 1:40.

@Jasku - I am maintaining a log. So far in my 100 Mbps plan, the speed is between 30-45 Mbps DL and 40-45 Mbps UL, not even getting half of promised speed.
I have escalated this to customer care, its been 1 week and no response from them. Will escalate to appellate authority on Monday. Will maintain a log for the whole of next week and post a review at the end of next week.
No downtime so far.

Ping to European & American servers is above 250. This connection cannot be used for gaming.

@technofast , @Jasku

1. They didn't give you guys a modem/router?
2. Do you have to dial in each time? The guys installed the cable and said I'll get login info in an hour; and then created a dial-in shortcut for the thing on my system.[DOUBLEPOST=1423846948][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told that the first 2 hours, this kind of download speed is expected.
4140351400.png

Last edited:
^ Depends on what kind of connection you have been given. For lower speed connections, you get a cable modem beside your computer.
High speed connections will have a fiber converter at a junction box in your house / close by, to which you will be connected via a LAN cable. You need to provision the router on your own, its better that way, you have choice.

Its a PPPOE connection. Always on if configured in your router. Dial-In if configured in your OS.

Regarging the "first 2 hours", sorry to say this, BULLSHIT!

Last edited:
^ Depends on what kind of connection you have been given. For lower speed connections, you get a cable modem beside your computer.
High speed connections will have a fiber converter at a junction box in your house / close by, to which you will be connected via a LAN cable. You need to provision the router on your own, its better that way, you have choice.

Its a PPPOE connection. Always on if configured in your router. Dial-In if configured in your OS.

Regarging the "first 2 hours", sorry to say this, BULLSHIT!

Well.. I hope it stays this way.
4140679270.png

Question for the general audience:
What's the catch with these kind of providers - cheap and fast internet seems too good to be true...

@technofast , @Jasku

1. They didn't give you guys a modem/router?
2. Do you have to dial in each time? The guys installed the cable and said I'll get login info in an hour; and then created a dial-in shortcut for the thing on my system.[DOUBLEPOST=1423846948][/DOUBLEPOST]I was told that the first 2 hours, this kind of download speed is expected.
4140351400.png
1. They did not give any modem/router.
2. No need to dial in. You can connect and disconnect through your network shortcut if needed.
3. They told that for the first half hour this kind o speed in expected and then the speed would pickup and for me it did as they promised.[DOUBLEPOST=1423988612][/DOUBLEPOST]
About the plan - I've paid upfront for 2 months. Can I change plans at the moment? Connection hasn't been initialized yet.

What's the contention ratio going to mean for a user? I believe it's 1:40.
Once the connection is through I think you cannot change it since it is prepaid. However, if the connection is is not through you can call the CS to change the plan. Yes, their contention ratio is 1:40 (they claim so, but I doubt).

Last edited:
Yes, I am testing speeds to various servers around the world, daily, which is saved both on my speedtest account as well as local machine.

Guys got the connection on 19th, he just pulled a RJ45 (ethernet) wire from an adjoining building the wire runs about 60-70ft. I am getting variable speeds, today on Speedtest this is what I got! The speeds arent as consistent, I an creating a log too.
4159827207.png

Here are the results from a few recent speed tests.
Note that my connection is 33 Mbps. I don't really download so a download speed of ~1 Mbps is acceptable.

I think it's time to change the subject on this thread!

Capture.PNG

Back