Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

I definitely don't want to put extra effort beyond game time. I will recommend a game like AC Origins/Odyssey over Elden Ring to most gamers because of the difficulty & easier to follow story.

You like it, others like it, fine. But I was sorely disappointed with Elden Ring, more so because it could have been much better. The build crafting, types of enemies/bosses, even the open world were great, but let down for me by its difficulty, story & few other mechanics. I used the easy mod to take care of difficulty, 60fps is not great but was ok for me & for story, my friend is a fan of Elden Ring, so he let me know what was happening. Coop could have been a seamless experience as well.

I did replay AC Origins for 2nd time after Elden Ring to see if I indeed found it better & yes, I will prefer Origins over Elden Ring.

Anyways, just my opinion.

I like what you have written here and I respect the fact that you didn't like Elden Ring and you aren't afraid to state that, boldly. Even I'm not into Souls games and Elden Ring isn't my cup of tea. I tried them but could never like the entire repeated boss fight and grind structuring which is why I left them and simple don't spend more time delving into them. Of course I completely understand the folks who love these games and they are great games in their own rights but I just think one should NOT pressurize one's self into playing games one doesn't like or games that don't thrill. At the end of the day it's all about a hobby and the enjoyment of such and games allow that alternate world where we can escape from the daily real world grind.

I definitely don't want to put extra effort beyond game time. I will recommend a game like AC Origins/Odyssey over Elden Ring to most gamers because of the difficulty & easier to follow story.

You like it, others like it, fine. But I was sorely disappointed with Elden Ring, more so because it could have been much better. The build crafting, types of enemies/bosses, even the open world were great, but let down for me by its difficulty, story & few other mechanics. I used the easy mod to take care of difficulty, 60fps is not great but was ok for me & for story, my friend is a fan of Elden Ring, so he let me know what was happening. Coop could have been a seamless experience as well.

I did replay AC Origins for 2nd time after Elden Ring to see if I indeed found it better & yes, I will prefer Origins over Elden Ring.

Anyways, just my opinion.
To be honest, Elden ring is probably the last souls like game you should try if it's your first time... I personally started with dark souls 3 and while I hate restarting I did have a great time.

I wouldn't say it's the greatest game of all time like everyone else but man is it good. That being said my personal GOTY was GOW Ragnarok.

Started playing
Kena : Bridge of Sprits. Very beautiful game, great time pass when you play with kids (single player).
Resident Evil 2 : Got on Steam. Mistake was to start playing it after dinner. Been a while since I played a gory game. First 15 minutes was great. Cannot play this with kids around. Have to wait for them to go to bed or to school.
Cyberpunk 2077 : Half way though. Going to enjoy this game lot more as I got a 3090 yesterday, from one of the forum members.
Football Manager 2023 : Too complicated, scratching my head. PESCM was so much easier but that one was more like a dumb game. Have to invest lot of time to ace this.

Finished Metro LL.
Started Exodus. This game is blurry. After some googling and testing finally able to fix it with DLDSR ( downscale) + DLSS + Reshade CAS.
In static screenshots, downscale seemed to make no difference, but it fixes ugly blur during motion and maybe for distant objects. CAS is nice and visibly improves things when not in motion. Now looks nice.
Seems like a good game that is different vs first 2 games.

Started Syberia (PC).

An old favorite of mine but I played it so long ago (back in 2002) that I have all but forgotten the story. Thought before I pick up Syberia 3 I might as well give Syberia I & II a re-play.

Just finished Plague Tale Innocence, a second time. Man, this game is a gem. I love everything about it, the story, the gameplay mechanics, the voice acting, the music, the beautifully crafted world, everything.
This is the only game so far which has made me want to listen to it's soundtrack.

Will go on straight to the sequel. Wanted to play once more before my Play pass expires in a few months.

RDR2, Sleeping Dogs and Guardians of the Galaxy. I've been playing Sims 4 and Football Manager 2023. ;-; Why are sim games too addictive?

Finished GTA V using NVE Graphics (highly recommended) after finishing it 7 years ago.

Started Far Cry Primal again (maybe 9 th time)... Way too addicted.
Can't find a substitute or something not allowing me to switch to other game.

Got few more installed on system but hardly spent 5 minutes there.

GTA V
Far Cry 5
Far cry 6
The last of us
3 car games
2 sniper games

Kena : Bridge of Spirits <-- Almost done with the same. Amazing visuals and a highly under-rated game.
It takes two : Playing with my 7 year old son and it is absolute fun game for split screen multiplayer.

Back