Your views on MTNL 2Mbps UL plan

ashfame

Disciple
I currently have 512Kbps UL plan and get good speeds 65-70KBps (although 512Kbps means 64KBps) apart from often glitches.

I was looking forward to upgrade to 2Mbps plan from next month (Rs.1899 rental one) and was looking for some feedback from the existing MTNL Delhi users. Theoretically, it should give me 256KBps, so how much do you guys get?

I used to enjoy upto 225KBps speed when there was some glitches on MTNL side so I am pretty much sure my line won't give me any problems. Just want to know how much bandwidth MTNL provides as compared to what is advertised (2Mbps Download | 512Kbps Upload)?

Also do I just need to call 1500 to get my plan changed?

Yes, you need to call 1500 to get the plan changed. The 2Mbps plan is ok and I like it as the speed is quite good (get almost 240-250kbps) and there is no FUP.

Well you guys are so lucky to get true 2 Mbps at just 1900 I hope BSNL also launches such plans or other PVT ISP launches some plans like this, for heavens sakes this is 2011 and we are stuck to 512kbps 1 Mbps unlimited plans that are affordable.

@uziel Thanks for responding! 240 seems pretty satisfactory for 2Mbps. I am going call 1500 tomorrow. BTW how much does the total bill round up after taxes and modem rental? MTNL is the only one left with no FUP in UL plans. :D

@funtoon Try BSNL 3G (much lower and faster) :p And my bill would be ~2200 INR, I guess.

Yeah it totally depends on the area. Network congestion, distance from tower etc. Wired broadband FTW! ;)

Back to topic, any other MTNL Delhi user who is using 2Mbps UL would like to give a feedback on speed?

Back