Youtele introduces 1mbps unlimited, but......

jumbo5

Adept
Apr 15, 2006
Youtele recently introduced 1mbps unlimited package for 1300/- + taxes + modem deposit..BUT......

I've been using the UN-450-N , 192kb/s package since few months,but i feel that since the introduction of 1mbps package,the speed for the 192kb/s users has been compromised :(.

As per the broadband norms i should get 80% of 192kbs i.e 153kb/s but what i get is 102kb/s..as per youtele's speed test meter!!

If any of u youtele users with Unlimited plans less than 1mbps experience low speeds nowadays, i request you to take the youtele's speed test & external speed test such as Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test ,take the snapshot and send it to youteles customer cares email. (goto to youtele.com to get the address as per ur location)

Reactions: 1 person

WildRazor

Disciple
Jul 30, 2006
trust me .. get another isp.. i got youtele 1mbps ul .. crap speeds... too much packet loss ... and torrents never work.. max i get is 5kb/s on torrents..... they are blocking torrents now.. so many complaints yet no solution.. customer care dont even know what is packet loss !!! Nightmare

jumbo5

Adept
Apr 15, 2006
WildRazor said:
trust me .. get another isp.. i got youtele 1mbps ul .. crap speeds... too much packet loss ... and torrents never work.. max i get is 5kb/s on torrents..... they are blocking torrents now.. so many complaints yet no solution.. customer care dont even know what is packet loss !!! Nightmare

5kb!!..:mad:

wat do u get for Rapidshare d/l through download managers?
I get 24kb/s, so i guess u should get 24x5 = 120kb/s

When u send them emails about low speed,they have the same ol reply-
"as per our technical team u r getting speed as per ur plan,pls send us a snapshot of ur speed test"

jumbo5

Adept
Apr 15, 2006
saqib_khan said:

This is mine, now how to convert this in kb ? I'm confused.

Edit: I too have 192 kbps unlimited plan like OP

pls give a snapshot of ur speed test though "youtele speed test".
Take the test during peak hours afternoon/evening with all other apllications closed.

jumbo5

Adept
Apr 15, 2006
saqib_khan said:
jumbo5, these speeds are of 1:00 AM . But I will again do according to u. For now give me a link to youtele speed test. I couldn't find any link to test speed in their website.
2qi7lkz.jpg

jumbo5

Adept
Apr 15, 2006
saqib_khan said:
Jumbo5, here is the result of speed test through "youtele speedtest"
This test is done at 2:00 AM .

Dont do it @ 2am, cos the traffic is less at that time so v r bound to get good speed test.
Do it at peak hours like 2pm, 6 pm .

yesterday i did it at 3pm i got 141kb

Regards.

siddharth_menon

Disciple
Dec 30, 2006
www.vtalk2.com
Got to agree browsing sucks ... but torrents are pretty okay tho upload sucks too :p

One 1mbps I get good download using download manager but otherwise its too low. Please complain .. I do that but nothing much.

alistair_1988

Recruit
Jul 18, 2009
Hey

I'm using UN 450 Plan by Youtele & its sucks
i did some speed tests & got really bad speeds
i got around 80kbps -120kbps i.e 10kB/s & 12.5kB/s:(:(

results.php

Torrents speeds are very bad i get speeds from 0.1kB/s to 5kB/s not more

Also i did tests here
Use tools running on M-Lab to test your Internet connection. | M-Lab

& found out there was a lot of packet loss

[

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 436.42 msec; the Packet size = 1440 Bytes; and
There were 9 packets retransmitted, 8 duplicate acks received, and 10 SACK blocks received
The connection stalled 1 times due to packet loss
The connection was idle 0.97 seconds (9.70%) of the time
C2S throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 99.99%
S2C throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 12.90%
This connection is network limited 99.8% of the time.
Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch

]

Youtele is the worst internet service provider :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I'm planning to change my connection. Any suggestions :huh::huh:

WildRazor

Disciple
Jul 30, 2006
yeah man i did say .... Youtele has too much packet loss and those guys blocks torrents. i discontinued their services already