Audio z5500 dead... Help

guys... Y'day my z5500 has gone into mute mode :mad:
while gaming it stopped suddenly - i mean powered off. its connected to UPS but i dont know what happened. i tried changing socket, raw power but still its not getting power ON. :mad: :mad: :mad:
do you think if i change fuse it might solve the problem ?
where can i get the fuse to check if thats gone..... i dont want to wait for 6-8 weeks :(

Help guys......

man i have 1 KVA UPS. please dont tell me its not enough for it.
please read my post... i tried connecting to Raw power also.
no help :(
its in warranty but i am from pune and need to ship it back to mumbai for warranty..... 1000 bux ka fatka plus 6-8 weeks ka wait time.... big no no...
thats why want to check if the fuse replacement work for me ?

somebody plz help....

guys.... can anyone check in mumbai for fuse ?
i checked few shops in pune but not able to find it. plz help....
i dont want to search for standby speakers....

hmm.. once my speakers fuse was blown as well.. its just a 2 amp fuse.. u can get it in any hardware shop.. i replaced mine and it was working again.. u can just open it up at the back of the subwoofer.. and check if the thin filament inside is broken.. if its broken then take it to the any electrical hardware vendor and ask for the same one.. i hope its just a fuse problem..

guys.... i checked fuse and i cant see if its broken from inside...
its full while in between. and if i shake it dosent make any noise...
let me check it with Shakensoul.

guys.... saw few videos on youtube and it confirms that i need to change my fuse. hopes are increased that it will work that way.

let me check in pune electric market today for fuse. if anybody from pune come across this thing.... plz let me know..

Hi avi_avadhut,

Its probably the fuse, you get 4 amp normally, 2 amp is hard to get. Mine blown within 2 weeks of purchase, replaced with a 4 amp and connected fully to mains. Its been rocking for the last 2 and half years hence. Suggest u do the same, do'nt lose precious battery power for speakers, especially huge ones like logitech z 5500. usually u lose the dynamics in sound when connected to UPS. spaeaker don't behave with the ferocity its designed to....

avi_avadhut,

Surprised, u do not get in local shop, u shuld get that man. Don't panic for such small thing's availibillity. Check all local electricalwallas, they would probably have 4 amp only.

anooj30299301 said:
Hi avi_avadhut,

Its probably the fuse, you get 4 amp normally, 2 amp is hard to get. Mine blown within 2 weeks of purchase, replaced with a 4 amp and connected fully to mains. Its been rocking for the last 2 and half years hence. Suggest u do the same, do'nt lose precious battery power for speakers, especially huge ones like logitech z 5500. usually u lose the dynamics in sound when connected to UPS. spaeaker don't behave with the ferocity its designed to....

Not really... this might be true with a cheapie UPS. With a pure sine wave UPS of say ~1.5-2kVA, the sound is way better on most speakers. There is a *huge* difference in the way my Ushers sound depending upon whether my amp is plugged in directly into the wall socket or is routed thru a UPS. The sound thru the UPS is much much better.

Hi Chaos,

Not to change the topic avi. Chaos, there is significant improvement in sound. Had APC 800VA previously and now APC pure sinewave but not much difference buddy when connected or otherwise. So what i did is connect my yamaha 663 to one APC unit and the computer to the other. The logitech z 5500 goes directly toa BElkin surge outlet. since logi sub holds the amplifier, the internal circuitry shall need the rush of current as dynamics change while watching movies. Though pure sinewave give pristine current it wil not be ready to handle the rush(Though 1.5kv), a servo stab should do better. What I meant was why to waste on speakers when they do not demand. Save the battery for rig:bleh:

By the way yammy not connected to logitech z 5500:hap5: . Just two Tannoy bookshelves. Its just the .....that are connected. hell, i should post pictures :hap2: I will do that to night:clap:

guys.... i managed to get the fuse and now my set is working.
i met one guy who make speakers and there i could find this fuse.
it was present in most of the shops but they couldn't provide me Time Delayed fuse. i dont know what it is but i searched for it.
apart from the topic - i have now connected it to Raw power. i dont have any inverter as of now so i am scared that if light goes while speakers are ON... nothing should happen to it. keeping fingers crossed.

anyway... now speakers are working fine. thx for input. i am not audio guru so honestly i couldnt make out difference between raw power output of speakers compare to UPS power. i will take you guys suggestion while buying a good inverter for my complete home. as of now i will use my cheapo 1KVA UPS.

even my speakers were dead on friday but i managed to get fuse instantly and replaced and bang! they worked back normal :D costed me just 5 bucks.

did you buy glass one or ceramic one... coz ceramic one costs 30 bux.
glass one is cheap. i dont know why but typical style - costly is better :)
anyway... i have taken 2 extra for future.... did you check its time delayed ?

Back