Zara zara touch me touch me touch me :P

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
Yes, they also specify the space like in HDDs so "16 GB" is 16,000,000,000 bytes which is actually about 15 GiB... so they must be using about 500 mb for the OS and default resources, not to mention file system formatting overhead. I also saw 14.5 gb usable space on a YouTube video review.

See "item 2" near the bottom of this page: Apple - iPod touch - Technical Specifications

2. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.

I am also itching to get my hands on a Touch, should have it before the end of the month...

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
vishalrao said:
Sei, a question: Does your Touch have WiFi connection problems with "WPA" security enabled (if you've tried WiFi yet) ? There was a Slashdork thread about this problem a while ago: Slashdot | Users Report Faulty WPA In 2nd-Gen IPod Touch

Hi! Sorry for replying so late. I did surf the net using Wi-Fi.. But I did not encounter any problems when using unsecured connections. I can't remember using WEP or not. As you are well aware that Pune does not have many WiFi hotspots and I dont have access to a WiFi router, I accomplished it using the following tutorial -

YouTube - Laptop Hotspot

Anything else I missed feel free to ask (and educate me :))

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
hmmm, apparently unsecured and WEP work fine, but WPA/WPA2 allegedly has problems, but i guess they should fix with a software update if so... my purchase is still pending i am itching to get my hands on one of these :eek:hyeah: