ZOOMIN Pricematch claim failed

beginner007

Disciple
I was looking for a lowest price for Panasonic Lumix Fz150 in India.

And found Photo books, Digital Cameras, SLR, Photo Prints | ZoomIn selling it for Rs 21,999/- with a PRICE MATCH guaranty, saying "if you can show us low price offered by any site, we will also give you on that price or if you have already bought we will return the difference". But I found timtara.com-India?s No.1 Online Electronics Retailer. Shop Online in India for Electronics, Mobiles, Cameras, Appliances, Computers. is selling it with Rs 19,740/- with a public discount coupon of Rs 4,500/- off !!!

And I just got a call from zoomin and said we can give it min upto Rs 21,500/- !!!!
So what about their PRICE MATCH claim then ?
Is it fake or to they use such tag line to lure customers ?

I haven't read the T&C, however, most sites explicitly mention that it should be a regular price and not a promotional one or one got using a coupon. I am sure zoomin might have mentioned something similar somewhere

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I read the T&C and zoomin is talking bullshit here. Their terms clearly exclude only coupons not available to general public, and the timtara coupon is open to all

Are there any exclusions to claiming the guarantee?

The lower price must be advertised on a website that is available to the general public and directed to consumers in India. As an example, the following would be excluded: corporate discounts, coupons or promotions not available to the general public, rewards programs.

ZoomIn Camera Price Match Guarantee

Post on their twitter / fb timeline

ZoomIn does not currently match prices from marketplaces and daily deal sites such as eBay, Sulekha Deals, etc.

That would probably mean that timtara too wont be pricematched.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Anyways, timtara has a very bad rep, so would advice to avoid buying from them.

Timtara prices are anyway fraudulent. They just eat your money and never deliver. I doubt anyone would give you the camera at that price.

Avoid timtara....tons of horror stories all over the internet. If you still want to buy the camera from zoomin I hv a flat 5% off coupon with no limit so you can save around 1100 bucks more. Pm me if u need the coupon. Also m using fz150 from 4 months ...amazing cam...pure value for money.

Sent from my 100 using Tapatalk

I did bought the same camera recently. After this there was a listing on Shopclues for lesser amount. I asked them to match it. Instead they called me back and said that the seller has changed the price.

So they called the guy and no idea what they told him. But denied the price match straight away. I guess it's just good for times when price cut happens from the manufacturer itself. If it is too good to be true......

Reply from Zoomin
Thank you for contacting the ZoomIn Camera Store.
I am glad to know that you have submitted a “Price Match Request” on our website.

I would like to inform you that as you are matching your price with Timtara, which is running a Monsoon offer for this product and is offering the product at Rs.19,740.00 (which is a discounted price and not a regular deal).

As we match prices with every online website selling cameras, there are few websites who offer third party to sell products on their website and do not have their own selling departments. Such websites are not included in the Price Match Terms and Conditions.

Also, we do honour Price Match Guarantee to orders that have already been placed with us within 7 days of submitting the Price Match Request. Even though, there is a huge price difference between the price paid by you and the price offered on the other website, we will refund you the difference accordingly.
You can check the below mentioned link for your reference:
ZoomIn Camera Price Match Guarantee

I am sure this would clear all your doubts and hope to see your order soon on our website.
Also, let me know if you have any other questions/concerns and I’d be happy to help you. You can reach me at +022-4368-1555 between 10am - 10 pm from Monday through Saturday.
Regards,
Dhirender
ZoomIn Camera Store

But as per their T&C, its mentioned that, any private coupons will not be considered for this guaranty, but Timtara's coupon is a public coupon !!!
Again they do not claim price match guranty against, ebay, sulekha, Timtara, etc ..... Then against whom their price match is valid ???

Back