Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Upgrading
Out of warranty MISFIRING GTX 970. Purchased in 2014.
Produces few problems in newer games and causes stuttering. Older games run fine comparatively. For anyone who wants to tinker and make it work.

Price - negotiable
Screenshot_20201215-122712_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201215-122941_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Can you EXPLAIN the "MISFIRING" more thorough?

Is it a FAULT or is it because of HIGHER requirements of new games? How do games from 2016-2017 run on it?

The performance was flawless earlier. I could run most modern games cranked up to the highest settings at 1080p and it was fine. I recently gave the PC for servicing and when I got it back the image just started stuttering to the point of being unplayable.
Older games like Fallout 3 and NV do seem to freeze here and there but are still manageable. Yes the performance has worsened.

The performance was flawless earlier. I could run most modern games cranked up to the highest settings at 1080p and it was fine. I recently gave the PC for servicing and when I got it back the image just started stuttering to the point of being unplayable.
Older games like Fallout 3 and NV do seem to freeze here and there but are still manageable. Yes the performance has worsened.
did you try reapplying fresh thermal paste?

He promised to hold it for me for 2.5K + shipping

quoting his words on Sunday at 2:52 PM "Currently have an offer for 2.5k plus shipping. If you can match that ill hold it for you."

Today he jumped from 2.9K to 3K than 3.1K now finally asking 3.3K + shipping.

What a unethical behavior. . . .

quoting his words on Sunday at 2:52 PM "Currently have an offer for 2.5k plus shipping. If you can match that ill hold it for you."

can you pm me screenshots of this conversation @quakze . Thanks

Like I mentioned in our chat. When I said "hold" I meant I wouldn't sell to others at that price. I received better offers which I informed you about.
You decided to post about it on the general talk and after hearing that its really the seller's prerogative to accept what offers they receive you got upset.

I did not ask you for different prices. Just told you the other offers I got. Like I told you on PM I'm just looking for the best offer.

Last edited:
Got my hands on the card a couple of days ago... (I'm Never gonna use dtdc again) will test and leave feedback tomorrow

I was looking to just get a video out on my sytem until RTX 3000 pricing calms the heck down a bit and this card is perfect for that. Feedback added for @GreenGrawlix . Thanks for the card and shipping it out promptly.

BTW for @SPIMaster and others like him who were curious, I'm not gonna be able to add details abt the stuttering because I dont have the time to test games right now. But from what i can see in the card, seems like a lot of dust/gunk in the heatsink that gathers over prolonged use. A good cleaning and thermal paste replacement will most probably fix it (dont see any dead components on the back of the PCB). But like i said.. dont really have the time to do it right now, and thread will probably be closed by the time I DO get time to do it, so there you go.

Edit: Apparently the stuttering might also be, in part, due to a weird 3.5+0.5GB memory configuration that all GTX 970's have by design. Gamer's nexus mentioned similar issues with "modern" games like SOTR. So maybe it's that newer games overrun the 3.5GB high speed memory easily even at 1080p High (not ultra)..??:nomouth: (doesnt affect me much anyway cause, as i said, all i need it for is display out)

Last edited:
I was looking to just get a video out on my sytem until RTX 3000 pricing calms the heck down a bit and this card is perfect for that. Feedback added for @GreenGrawlix . Thanks for the card and shipping it out promptly.

BTW for @SPIMaster and others like him who were curious, I'm not gonna be able to add details abt the stuttering because I dont have the time to test games right now. But from what i can see in the card, seems like a lot of dust/gunk in the heatsink that gathers over prolonged use. A good cleaning and thermal paste replacement will most probably fix it (dont see any dead components on the back of the PCB). But like i said.. dont really have the time to do it right now, and thread will probably be closed by the time I DO get time to do it, so there you go.

Edit: Apparently the stuttering might also be, in part, due to a weird 3.5+0.5GB memory configuration that all GTX 970's have by design. Gamer's nexus mentioned similar issues with "modern" games like SOTR. So maybe it's that newer games overrun the 3.5GB high speed memory easily even at 1080p High (not ultra)..??:nomouth: (doesnt affect me much anyway cause, as i said, all i need it for is display out)

I'm not sure it's down to the VRAM. I used to play modern games flawlessly until 4 months ago the same games turned extremely choppy and unplayable.
Ex. Ac Origins/Odyssey.

I'm not sure it's down to the VRAM. I used to play modern games flawlessly until 4 months ago the same games turned extremely choppy and unplayable.
Ex. Ac Origins/Odyssey.
Ah.. OK I'll try ac odessey in a couple of weeks out of curiosity and see if I can find something

The same thing happened with my i5 2500k based system too. Around 4 months ago, my system was not able to play the 1080p youtube videos on builtin graphics. I first thought that it may be YT's new codec or some browser's issue and I kept using it. Then about 1 month ago system's performance was down to hill so then I measured CPU temps which was above 90 degree idle even in the winter. So I removed the fan and found the paste was totally gone. I reapplied the thermal paste and now CPU temps are about 29 degree idle and 36-42 degree on load. And once again youtube is playing 1080p videos smoothly.
So you can look the temperature of your GPU and if it is very high on idle load then you only need to reapply the thermal paste and your card will be restored to original performance.

The same thing happened with my i5 2500k based system too. Around 4 months ago, my system was not able to play the 1080p youtube videos on builtin graphics. I first thought that it may be YT's new codec or some browser's issue and I kept using it. Then about 1 month ago system's performance was down to hill so then I measured CPU temps which was above 90 degree idle even in the winter. So I removed the fan and found the paste was totally gone. I reapplied the thermal paste and now CPU temps are about 29 degree idle and 36-42 degree on load. And once again youtube is playing 1080p videos smoothly.
So you can look the temperature of your GPU and if it is very high on idle load then you only need to reapply the thermal paste and your card will be restored to original performance.
I actually did check temps on open air build. Idle temp was ~35 deg and load stable temps with furmark after 2~3 mins was 76 deg.. not the best but not bad overall. I will test later in a case. Maybe that'll push load temps over the limits and throttle it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back