ZTE Grand S II launched in India, 5.5FHD, SD800 at Rs.13,999/-

Yeah recently my opinion has changed on having latest version of android on my device. I own a nexus 5, wife uses grand duos/xperia mini(this has andriod 2.1).
I couldnt even wait till Andriod L OTA, so flashed my phone, tried it, didnt like it as the apps I use are not compatible at that time and went back to KitKat. Still on
Kitkat as I configured my phone just the way I like it and L didnt offer me much. So planning to wait till next release 5.1 may be as there are still some bugs in 5.0
Now coming to my wife's phone use (who I consider as a normal user) is content with both phones, never complained about anything what so ever. Both phones support whatspp, facebook and call quality is good too. Although typing is hard on mini, she likes its miniature factor.
So my point is, as song as the mobile is serving the user needs, andriod version doesnt matter. As almost all android versions support most of the needed applications (Might not be latest application versions). And only techies like us bother about having latest version as soon as possible.
Bugs I faced in L
1. Phone refused to take screenshot when I really needed it,
2. MXplayer didnt work as always,
3. Mobiledata tracking apps reported wrong data,
4. Camera is a bit buggy,
5. Photos apps didnt show folder structure, so even my whatsapp images are shown alongside my camera pics, (now we dont want that, do we?)
6. some more miscellaneous things.

Here some of the issues could have been rectified by using other apps, but I am used to these and dont really want to look for other. And yeah there are somethings I liked in L too, but my need to have my own customization really made me go back to Kitkat

Dear All,

I solicit your advice regarding this device. I am not interested in Mi3 mainly due to the MiUi ROM (which looks more iOS then Android) and the fact that there is not any custom ROM for the same.

Now regarding this device, it is stuck at JB when world is moving towards LP. Also the processor of this phone is different from the international version and hence I am not sure about the availability of updated (atleast KK) ROM compatible for this phone.

Should we skip it altogether ?

Dear All,

I solicit your advice regarding this device. I am not interested in Mi3 mainly due to the MiUi ROM (which looks more iOS then Android) and the fact that there is not any custom ROM for the same.

Now regarding this device, it is stuck at JB when world is moving towards LP. Also the processor of this phone is different from the international version and hence I am not sure about the availability of updated (atleast KK) ROM compatible for this phone.

Should we skip it altogether ?
Yes, skip it since you are wanting android version upgrades & ROM options.

Back