I was looking for a decent 5" phone with following requirements

Screen size: Max 5.2"
Battery:minimum 2600 mah, 3000 preferred
4G support for 2300 and 1800 Mhz bands
Ram: 3GB or more
Display: Full HD is preferred
Budget: 25K
Decent camera

With the above requirements, I was able to find the Zuk Z2 as per GSMArena phone finder.
MI5 is the only other option but I am more inclined towards Zuk Z2 because of the bigger battery and slightly smaller than the Mi5.
Also, hearing problems with 4G network on MI5.

I was initially planning to buy the Nexus 5X but owner reviews suggest poor battery life, terrible build quality and 2GB RAM might be an issue in the near future.

So, I really want to get the Zuk Z2. Any ideas when the launch could be?
If there are any other phones matching the above requirements, let me know.

Obviously, there are flagship phones like S7/HTC10 etc which fit the bill but are way more costly.

Last edited:
In another 3-4 months I hope.
That's a pretty long wait.
I guess the next Nexus devices will be available by that time though I guess those will be higher than my budget.

Any other phone that meets the above criteria?
I don't need the most powerful processor on earth and I am not into gaming.
What about the Redmi 3 Pro or Mi 4s? Any idea about the launch dates for those? Or, the ZTE nubia Z11 mini?

That's a pretty long wait.
I guess the next Nexus devices will be available by that time though I guess those will be higher than my budget.

Any other phone that meets the above criteria?
I don't need the most powerful processor on earth and I am not into gaming.
What about the Redmi 3 Pro or Mi 4s? Any idea about the launch dates for those?
How about save some money and get the Redmi Note 3.
That is 5.5"..So strictly no for me.
Other than that, it fits all my requirements.
If Xiaomi launches the same phone with a 5" screen, I will buy it eyes closed.

That's why I was asking about Xiaomi 4s

That is 5.5"..So strictly no for me.
Other than that, it fits all my requirements.
If Xiaomi launches the same phone with a 5" screen, I will buy it eyes closed.

That's why I was asking about Xiaomi 4s
I had the same requirement as yours. I was waiting for Mi 4S only because of the small screen.
But my Moto G 1st gen had become very very slow. So finally I gave up and got the Redmi Note 3. Have not had any problems so far on jumping from 4.5 inch to 5.5 inch screen.

Mi 4S seems to be China only phone. So don't hold your breath for it to launch in India.

I had the same requirement as yours. I was waiting for Mi 4S only because of the small screen.
But my Moto G 1st gen had become very very slow. So finally I gave up and got the Redmi Note 3. Have not had any problems so far on jumping from 4.5 inch to 5.5 inch screen.

Mi 4S seems to be China only phone. So don't hold your breath for it to launch in India.
Sorry for intervene. How's note3 in photography? Targeting for my daughter whos fan of photo shoots

Sony Xperia z3+, HTC one ME, Samsung Galaxy A5, Honor 7.
The above phones are less than 5.2 inches and have good battery life.

Thanks.
Z3+ - no fingerprint scanner
HTC ME - chipset/processor not great, lots of complaints from users, no updates
A5 - 2GB RAM, terribly overpriced, I would get Nexus 5X if I am okay with 2 GB RAM
Honor 7 - good phone, I am actually considering buying it but it does not support 2300 4G band. So, could be a problem[DOUBLEPOST=1466646652][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry for intervene. How's note3 in photography? Targeting for my daughter whos fan of photo shoots
what's your budget. Get the New Moto G4+ .. it's getting great reviews for the camera

I too am waiting for the Zuk Z2 (future proof specs in a 5" frame with 70.6% screen to body ratio).
However, the Zuk Z1 was released in Sep 2015(China), and was only recently launched(May) in India. Amazon is still taking registrations for the next flash sale which could mean the demand is still high.

At this rate, I don't see them launching the Zuk Z2 hot on the heels of the Zuk Z1 launch (even though the Z2 is at flagship level unlike the Z1)

^^
I am hoping that Lenovo will want a share of the pie as currently there are no 5" devices with similar spec like Z2 in the same price range.
So hopefully they wont delay the launch too much.

Honor is launching devices pretty aggressively (within couple of months of China release).
Hoping that the Honor 8 will come pretty soon. It will have same specs as Z2 but probably a much better looking device with a much better dual camera setup like the P9.

http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-19007.php

Great piece of news ..the new Nexus device is coming with 5" FHD screen and 4 GB RAM.
The camera is probably the same as Nexus 5X which is already awesome..
Only concern is the battery - 2800 mah but should be good for 5" screen.

I think for people having similar requirements, it will be best to wait for the Nexus ...stock android, no bloatware, and updates for a long time in the future.- rather than going for these Chinese brands where the software/user experience/future updates is always a ?

LG G4
battery is poor

But

Everything else is fantastic.

Also look at Nexbit Robin
LG G4 is not a fit for me. It's big and doesn't even have a fingerprint scanner.
I thnk anyone buying a phone today should go for one with fingerprint scanner ..it makes life a lot easier.

Nextbit Robin fits the bill but I am not too kicked about their cloud sync funda. I just don't see any value in it.
Also, it is a bit big for it's screen size. Hows the battery life on it?

@aadi007 Even I have very similar requirements (+closer to stock OS). However, I couldn't find anything so far. The closest I came to buy is the Oneplus 3 - its 5.5" but relatively compact for its size and almost similar to the many 5.2" like 5X or Robin. My current phone is still working more or less, so I'm gonna wait a couple more months till the Nexus phones are announced.

Back