Car & Bike best sedan car to buy

The civic rock but i do not think it costs 12L showroom will become easily around 13.5 off road.

Man that car really looks cool

vishalrao said:
I love the look of the Civic's front end ! Lean, mean, killing machine!
again i do not get the killing part. Does the driving licence official provides you a driving licence only when you kill someone under it. :lol:

Ok, any car above the City or Vento will definitely cost you more than 12 lakhs on road. Only the crappy J-series Altis will fall within your budget. The rest start at minimum 13.5L. If you can stretch your budget, go for either the City or Vento. I was in a similar position in Jan and I bought myself a Cruze LT instead by stretching my budget!

If not the civic, I would say the City over the Vento.

There is a reason the sales of the rest of mid C segment sedans can't match City(City sells close to 4k, while the rest hardly cross 2k).

nah.. city is losing its ground to the likes of diesel.. vento.. altis will definitely sell more in coming years..

+1 to Cruze or Altis for the OP-who-does-not-yet-know-how-to-drive I guess :D @OP ignore the guys telling you to buy second-hand, if you're cool and confident, GO FOR IT !

Only the discerning, elite, worthy few dare get their hands on a Civic :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ggt said:
again i do not get the killing part. Does the driving licence official provides you a driving licence only when you kill someone under it. :lol:
OK, then its a lean, mean, DJ machine :D See http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/civic-sense-186599.html

If you are getting a petrol sedan dont miss the new Fiat Linea Tjet...I have personal experience with this one ..Its the only petrol sedan under 12 lacs with a turbo.Produces a diesel like torque of 207nm and is a dream to drive

positives:

1.Stunning Italian design
2.Supern handling, cornering,grip etc
3.RIde quality
4.bluetooth connectivity with Microsoft blue n Me
5.Turbo petrol
6.Long equipment list.comes loaded with 16 inch alloys,climate control, All four discs with ABS, airbags, leather upholstery,Music system,steering mounted audio controls,
rear Ac vent,....lot more

Price ex showroom: 9.58 lakhs

kauzy said:
nah.. city is losing its ground to the likes of diesel.. vento.. altis will definitely sell more in coming years..
Actually now since the SX4 diesel has been launched, the fight is between SX4 and Vento in the diesel area. As far as petrol region is concerned, City sales have yet to take a hit. I really doubt they will. And by the time competition reaches City, Honda will launch a new model (They're good at that)
Chaos said:
Civic is almost 13 ex showroom now. Considering that it is on its way out, its not worth the money.

It's still got a year or so before it goes. But it still packs the punch. I would say Cruze is the only real competition, and I'm guessing when the new civic launches, it won't be anymore
thomasjude47 said:
If you are getting a petrol sedan dont miss the new Fiat Linea Tjet...I have personal experience with this one ..Its the only petrol sedan under 12 lacs with a turbo.Produces a diesel like torque of 207nm and is a dream to drive

positives:

1.Stunning Italian design

2.Supern handling, cornering,grip etc

3.RIde quality

4.bluetooth connectivity with Microsoft blue n Me

5.Turbo petrol

6.Long equipment list.comes loaded with 16 inch alloys,climate control, All four discs with ABS, airbags, leather upholstery,Music system,steering mounted audio controls,

rear Ac vent,....lot more

Price ex showroom: 9.58 lakhs
I would agree. I own the non-turbo one. Its not quick off the line but its a hell of a car. Its gets more comfortable in the seating department if you add seat covers for a little more cushioning.

The negatives would be TATA A.S.S. and it drinks petrol like a drunkard. Hardly gives 10 as average. Honda City gives 13.2 as average.

^ it can be your driving style, N.A linea petrol shold give 12-13.5...and for tjet its around 14.5-15 overall.Dont forget city is lighter by over 100 kilos and runs on skinny tyres whereas Tjet comes with 205/65 R16 goodyear NCTs and weighs over 1.25 tonnes.City is overpriced by atleast 1.5 lakhs.

Check your facts.

Mileage of Linea petrol 1.4 is 13kpl on highway and 9.5kpl in city.

Honda City averages 13.5kpl in city. 16kpl on highway. (I own both)

And as for T-jet, which my friend owns, It averages 10.2kpl in city and 14kpl on highway.

Wait, is Linea T-jet a petrol or deisel??? If its a petrol with a turbo (awesome) then its an awesome car looks like!

What is the PS/BHP output?

The Civic is about 130 PS/BHP and gives me 11 avg city.... never really taken it on long drives though I expect it to easily give me 14 there :)

Do look at the SX4 diesel,cos i worked on it :bleh::bleh:

Jokes apart its a complete VFM if ur budjet is under 9lacs.good interiors.cranks out a decent power and torque and also carries te Suzuki name plate which will give u a nice resalevalue + lower maintenance.

And not to forget the mileage which is too good for its class.

vishalrao said:
Wait, is Linea T-jet a petrol or deisel??? If its a petrol with a turbo (awesome) then its an awesome car looks like!

What is the PS/BHP output?
Yes, Linea T-jet is a petrol, 114 BHP / 207 NM. Great car for the price.

mjumrani said:
Check your facts.

Mileage of Linea petrol 1.4 is 13kpl on highway and 9.5kpl in city.

Honda City averages 13.5kpl in city. 16kpl on highway. (I own both)

And as for T-jet, which my friend owns, It averages 10.2kpl in city and 14kpl on highway.

ours is a 1.4 NA and its mileage is 13.9 overall till date with 75% AC ,as per MID.ODO-5700kms

Tjet should deliver around +1-1.5 kmpl over 1.4NA

9.5kmpl in city for a petrol sedan isnt bad IMO..

Back