Car & Bike best sedan car to buy

arun687 said:
Also, most of the diesels are turbo charged whereas their petrol counterparts are NA. I really wish we see more turbo charged petrols. See with the Linea T-jet, the turbo gives it a massive 207 NM of torque for just a 1.4 L petrol engine.

Diesels are hugely inefficient for their size without a turbo (take the earlier Mitsubishi Lancer - its 2.0L diesel put out only 68PS), so its almost necessary to have a turbo. Plus since diesels already have stronger internals to withstand the higher compression ratios, its much easier to add a turbo.

A petrol on the other hand would need major rework just to factor in the turbo and already provides decent power ouput/litre. Although in the interest of even better efficiency, turbo-petrols are gaining traction.
spawnfreak said:
I would recommend to you The All New Honda City i-VTEC.

Best looking sedan in this price point!

.. if you're blind :p

spawnfreak said:
I would recommend to you The All New Honda City i-VTEC.

Spirited Performer, Comfortable, Spacious, Best looking sedan in this price point!
Crazy_Eddy said:
Diesels are hugely inefficient for their size without a turbo (take the earlier Mitsubishi Lancer - its 2.0L diesel put out only 68PS), so its almost necessary to have a turbo. Plus since diesels already have stronger internals to withstand the higher compression ratios, its much easier to add a turbo.

A petrol on the other hand would need major rework just to factor in the turbo and already provides decent power ouput/litre. Although in the interest of even better efficiency, turbo-petrols are gaining traction.
.. if you're blind :p
Looks are subjective... City is aggressive. Linea is classic. Vento is... Polo looks better :p

Looks & colors are totally subjective - agreed on that part. What might appeal to some, may look like a piece of trash to the rest.

Wait a sec - seems like the OP is AWOL for sometime now? :p

This is called a "hit and run" question thread created by OP who has now disappeared and couldn't care less about the responses hahaha

spawnfreak said:
Seems like you're blind... Run a poll, maybe you'll be able to buy a pair of blindfold's sunglasses, if you consider 10p. per positive reply towards the CITY... haha
looks are ofcourse subjective...as said by mjurmani, city is aggressive while linea is classy ,both are head turners.. personally i feel linea looks better.ANHC is bland from the rear and appears tinny in front of solid linea.I remember a poll in teambhp for the best looking sedan ,there Linea bagged more than 50% of votes...:D

spawnfreak said:
Seems like you're blind... Run a poll, maybe you'll be able to buy a pair of blindfold's sunglasses, if you consider 10p. per positive reply towards the CITY... haha

I would love to, but looks like you're already wearing a pair :p

The City is many things - agreed. Its fairly decent looking (mind you, I never said its ugly), but best looking car at its price point - you have got to be kidding.

P.s.: Just to clarify, I personally know a few ANHC owners who won't contest this fact either. And owners are usually the most defensive about their .. waaaait a minute, you must drive a City :p

Between the Linea and ANHC, it would be the Linea for me.

Between the Linea and the Vento, I think I loved the Vento although it is just the Polo + boot. :ashamed:

kauzy said:
i wud agree wid crazy.. city looks as if designed by some kindergarten kid.. :p

Oh shut up :bleh:
The City is a gorgeous car... on the other hand quite lots of ppl like the Fiat Linea which I seriously don't :S

djmykey said:

The City is a gorgeous car... on the other hand quite lots of ppl like the Fiat Linea which I seriously don't :S
Which is precisely why I said they are subjective. :)

Even though I mentioned the subjective remark, I feel like creating a new thread for choosing which car in each category looks the best.

I imagine the fight would be lovely :p

djmykey said:

well.. i shud've said.. city looks bland.. exp. coz michelle bought it.. :p

kauzy said:
well.. i shud've said.. city looks bland.. exp. coz michelle bought it.. :p

I own a City and I'm loving it.. buzz off :bleh:

BTW VW cars are lovely too.. OP can check them out...

And where is the OP ???? is he sitting on his couch with popcorn and beer / pepsi ??

How do looks matter when you spend (or should spend) most of your time behind the wheel.

It's not the car that attracts attention, it's the personality and flair of the person driving it. Hard to believe, but thats exactly what it is. If you have buck teeth and a hairy nose, you'd look a dolt even in a Agera. And Michelle Pfeiffer would look turn heads on the street, even if she was in the 4th row inside a bus.

Thanks to all...........

I am pleased by ur suggestions.

I am a lazy guy. I dont have patience to buy a second hand car and learn driving.
I am thinking to buy all new honda city which is compact type of sedan model.
Vento doesnt look good. Linea is big enough to cause driving problem. I am also thinking
of bmw 3 corporate series which has an emi option. I am very concerned about the people commenting on driving skills. I am currently undergoing driving school and if i could pull off auto transmission car, then confident of my driving skills.

I am also looking for upcoming cars like new verna,nissan sunny, renault .......

Target month of buying the car is sep-nov.

Back