Mac OS I finally get it about Apple fanboys

Keep it healthy guys and all is good, but no bashing, seriously.

Good, So far its clean. We guys have matured a lot I guess.

What are you trying to achieve here ?You dont need to stand with stick and post here these 1 liners after every 20 posts ! A new class monitor in 1st standard usually does that :rofl:

@OP Congrats on the Mac....Enjoy :D

Congrats on getting a Macbook. I will put emphasis on Macbook as the quality levels and build quality are incredible, can't say the same for the fancy but shoddy OS.

PS - I have extensively used a Mac in my frameboxx institute.

I am scared I will fall into the MAC trap too...:p

All of my friends who have bought MAC refuse to touch windows. thank god I am a gamer :D

BTW OP thanks for the detailed explanation. It almost fits into the criteria I am looking at. I think I will start begging at home for a Mac now. I hope they are cheap. Just dropped a ton for a PC. Asking for a lappy now would get me shot. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
What is this a mod here full time monitoring the thread? Moral policing, suspension of civil rights in preventing us from like bashing apple fanboys and speaking ill of an evil organization?

I think it's MOD Sibal you are referring to. :p

What is this a mod here full time monitoring the thread? Moral policing, suspension of civil rights in preventing us from like bashing apple fanboys and speaking ill of an evil organization?

Answer from LT will be he is doing what he is supposed to do...keeping the forums clean of any flaming, bashing etc. Its just a preemptive prevention measure ....for me its just going over the board when you have nothing else to do ala "Mr. Sibal"

Supra said:
Answer from LT will be he is doing what he is supposed to do...keeping the forums clean of any flaming, bashing etc. Its just a preemptive prevention measure ....for me its just going over the board when you have nothing else to do ala "Mr. Sibal"

Seriously forget being mod here, I am just having fun being a regular member and hence am hanging in here. Please don't deviate the thread into mod-bashing, there are other thread for those.

Also, nope I am not trying to keep the thread clean, it's not messy yet, just trying to have fun by pinching here and there. I hope I am allowed that, being part of this forum.

+LT

^^ Fine if those statements were to pinch member and have some fun...I am game with that :D...but unfortunately those 2 posts being one liners ....will look the other way to any member :)

vivek.krishnan said:
Removing bloatware can be as simple as a format. however certain precautions like the drivers are needed.

Thats what I am saying. All complicated stuff for the average Joe.

Regarding the 'status symbol' thing, to draw an analogy from cars - a Honda Accord is a status symbol compared to, say, a SX4, but then, it is a better car too.

Well, honestly, I don't consider myself an 'average Joe', but the whole process of 'installing' and 'uninstalling' a couple of applications (Firefox and Chrome) on Mac was stupefying and confusing to me. I still do not get how the installation process happens in a Mac. I understand Windows. I understand Linux. I understand Unix [heck even that old lazy Solaris]. I don't understand Mac at all. For instance, why on earth do the window controls appear on the left even after all these years when the convention across OS today is to be on the right. How do I operate without the mouse really? I want to get the right click context menu. How can it be done?

Installing? Drop into the Applications folder.

Uninstall? Drag to trash or to Appcleaner app.

Rght click? Double tap.

Can't get easier right?

deepakvrao said:
Thats what I am saying. All complicated stuff for the average Joe.

Regarding the 'status symbol' thing, to draw an analogy from cars - a Honda Accord is a status symbol compared to, say, a SX4, but then, it is a better car too.

Mate, a format is cheap, here what, 500 bucks max if you dont know how to go about it? And besides, please dont compare us with Americans for gods sake, even if that is a figure of speech :p

Also regarding cars and computers, what is the relation? :facepalm: If you are hell bent on the status path, a 20,00,000 INR Beetle must be better than the Accord. Not so. The Accord is surely better for Indian roads. When i say status, understand it. I accept that the Mac is surely a good piece of tech, but Windows is not bad either.

We Noobs love Macs.Dear geeks,are you happy now?

BTW someone posted a looong post on Windows vs. Mac,but that expert did not know that time machine is a software which comes for free with each and every Mac.

Come on guys,at least used it for once and give your valuable opinion.

vivek.krishnan said:
Mate, a format is cheap, here what, 500 bucks max if you dont know how to go about it? And besides, please dont compare us with Americans for gods sake, even if that is a figure of speech :p

Also regarding cars and computers, what is the relation? :facepalm: If you are hell bent on the status path, a 20,00,000 INR Beetle must be better than the Accord. Not so. The Accord is surely better for Indian roads. When i say status, understand it. I accept that the Mac is surely a good piece of tech, but Windows is not bad either.

You brought up the status thing.

Format is cheap? I have a feeling the Mac will not require it at all.

What comparision with Americans are you referring to?

deepakvrao said:
You brought up the status thing.

Format is cheap? I have a feeling the Mac will not require it at all.

What comparision with Americans are you referring to?

Nope. We all know its a kind of a status thing. You brought the car into the picture.

Format. On a mac. :ashamed: I thought they just threw it away. :p

As for the third line :facepalm:

red dragon said:
We Noobs love Macs.Dear geeks,are you happy now?

BTW someone posted a looong post on Windows vs. Mac,but that expert did not know that time machine is a software which comes for free with each and every Mac.

Come on guys,at least used it for once and give your valuable opinion.

Dude, I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that Macs are good.

As far as the time machine thing, I thought you needed a Time Capsule to use it :ashamed: Had got confused with both, actually.

One downside of the Air, is that it runs warmer than my old Dell, once in a while when many apps are running.

You may do a face palm, but I still have no clue what you meant by the ref to Americans. It's another issue that I dont find a comparison with Americans derogatory in any way.

I switched to Mac after 7-8 years on Windows,never regretted even for a second. Still like Windows7,but probably will not use any Windows laptop in near future,and it is not about Apple..I absolutely hate i o.s and anything related to it,but for me Macs(MBPs actually) are way more stable and reliable than Windows laptops.

deepakvrao said:
Installing? Drop into the Applications folder.

Uninstall? Drag to trash or to Appcleaner app.

I would have thought double clicking on a file to install it would have been easier than dragging it into some folder. Ditto for uninstalling.

Rght click? Double tap.

Double tap which key?

deepakvrao said:
You may do a face palm, but I still have no clue what you meant by the ref to Americans. It's another issue that I dont find a comparison with Americans derogatory in any way.

just think a little bit harder.

agantuk said:
I would have thought double clicking on a file to install it would have been easier than dragging it into some folder. Ditto for uninstalling.

Double tap which key?

Just double click for right click. ;)

Welcome to the Mac family !

I totally agree Mac is good & very easy to use. I was a Ubuntu + Windows [some 5 odd years] user & had to switch Mac OS X as I had no option. I was learning iPhone app development & only Mac was the choice. I have Dell XPS & I was successfully able to install Snow Leopard. Currently updated to Lion :D

I don't hate Windows & have no reason to hate. I still have windows in my lappie & I boot into it when I want to game. I know how to run it properly, I don't think I ever had BSOD with Win 7. OR virus attacks all these years, even though I never used an anti virus ! Still I don't have anti virus installed. Win 7 is the most stable & secure product. But it can't run Xcode so not my cup of tea :p

Most of the time I use Mac.

I agree iTunes runs awesome in Mac. Unless you use, one cannot it really tell. And I don't find iTunes as a shitty software, it's a really good media player + library. Has the best interface & very easy to use. [But I do hate it's shitty restrictions :mad:]

And for those who say Mac is not geek and all, do note that Mac is built on Unix. And it has Terminal. Rest you figure out.

I know this is evil, but I like it when my friends can't use my lappie or any way to mess around. The moment they see Apple logo booting & figure out it's not windows, they don't feel like using my lappie anymore :bleh:

btw do check this : The Mac OS X Beginner’s Guide |

anyways, congrats on your new machine & have fun playing with Lion :)

Back