MTNL Blocking Torrent sites ?

i guess no body knows this till now, but you don't need any proxy server to get access to torrent sites :)

MTNL has blocked it by redirecting its dns services, its not hard to change the dns server.

Login in to the Router page & select User Discovered DNS & enter Primary DNS server as 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS)

Keep the MTNL DNS Server as secondary (not necessary though). Save & reboot and all sites blocked by MTNL will start working. Enjoy !

Capture.jpg

been offline past 48 hours and ...... so many, many solutions that you guys have pointed out. Will take me some time to figure out..... and will again be offline for the next 2-3 days. But HELL & WTF ....why did this have to happen at all .... curse MTNL & the horrible censor folks....

I really wish I knew how to hack ...... (sigh)..... I hope & pray that "Anonymous" Group really hits hard and bad ... to all those in power. Really, really angry ..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I changed my DNS setting in my router and in my system to use google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) yet I am getting the same old
"Access to this site has been blocked as per Court Orders" message. BTW I am using micromax ADSL router supplied by airtel. Does the router maintains a persistant cached copy of the DNS-IP mapping or something? I have restarted the router and system and still the changes are not taking effect.

is it just me or i can open anthing without any block .

PS - I am on Google DNS since a long time and nothing else .

for other's try hidemyass.com

Dailymoition was showing up with the "blocked by incompetent authority" message a few days back, but it came back up again.

OT: Is IPT down?

Finally got internet yesterday, courtesy MTNL -- started out by checking torrentz.eu, not surprisingly greeted with the blocked message.

But a simple change in the URL [added https:/] and viola got inside and running fine.

Have you guys tried opening magnet urls for torrents?
I use MTNL 3G net and the magnet URLs work superb, can download at 2ish Mbps on Utorrent.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Finally got internet yesterday, courtesy MTNL -- started out by checking torrentz.eu, not surprisingly greeted with the blocked message.

But a simple change in the URL [added https:/] and viola got inside and running fine.
I can open that without having to add a 's' from my office connection

There are 2 solutions to this problem as of now:
Solution 1:
1. Go to 'Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center'.
2. Click on 'Local Area Connection' under 'Connections'.
3. Click on Properties in the dialogue box that opens up.
4. Select 'TCP/IPv4' and then click Properties.
5. Change Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS to an open DNS server (eg. 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

If this does not work...
Solution 2:
1. Go to a proxy web browser (eg. proxybrowsing.com)
2. Browse all the websites you cannot access through this browser.
NOTE: Browsing may become slower with this method.

Just checked, the blocks are history now.

There are 2 solutions to this problem as of now:
Solution 1:
1. Go to 'Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center'.
2. Click on 'Local Area Connection' under 'Connections'.
3. Click on Properties in the dialogue box that opens up.
4. Select 'TCP/IPv4' and then click Properties.
5. Change Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS to an open DNS server (eg. 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

If this does not work...
Solution 2:
1. Go to a proxy web browser (eg. proxybrowsing.com)
2. Browse all the websites you cannot access through this browser.
NOTE: Browsing may become slower with this method.

India is certainly looking up to China for inspiration. How sad. Just heard from a semi-reliable source that almost all the torrents sites will be blocked in the coming months, public and private.

Strange Error, I can open any site, i have ZERO blockage. Am from MUmbai, using Net9. However if i add the Magnet Link of Priatebay it shows ZERO files and thus torrents dont work.

E.g if i downloading a "'free" documentary like Zietgiest and if i copy the Mag link when i add/paste link in Utorrent, in the pop box it gives details like where it is downloading, what all files can be downloaded, you can check/uncheck things like sample etc if you dont want them.... etc..... now that pop up box is like BLANK. thus even if i click OK nothing moves on.

Any suggestions?

Back