MTNL Blocking Torrent sites ?

isnt it the same with cable? earlier there was low penetration so nothing was censored on tv. the penetration increased,people objecting to the content increased hence things started to be censored. same is with the internet now i guess.

I think soon we will reach a day, when the government will control the net. Enjoy while you can. I can see it getting more and more illiberal. For most of the people running the country, the net is just like a poster or placard. They do not understand free speech and information flow. It will probably start with West Bengal and filter to other states. How a man standing on the street protesting can be lathi charged and locked up, they feel similar in attitude towards the net. As we progress towards modernization, the mental blocks of our ministers get more and more narrow. Be it a Goddess on a Brazilian bikini or cartoons pertaining to a minister -India- striving for idiotic intolerance and controller-ship over trivial matters. Worst is the corporate nexus which "people" share with the government. It clearly shows where priorities are. Not for consumers, but the providers and businessmen. It is going to get worse. The www, was one place, where people could breathe free from the noose(s) of race, color, religion, caste, governance, but that is changing and being shaped.

this blocking stuff was started in US and europe. i expected it to hit India later, but not this soon !!
i must say, i was taken aback when this blockage started with Singham and now its like normal for us. i understood the DT block, but whats with blocking pastebin and vimeo ? Its utterly butterly plain old stupidity.

Exactly....Why block Vimeo??? User Generated Videos - No piracy. Why block it?... now where am i going to get my daily dose of creative inspiration?

^^ Govt wants you to visit their shitty sites for creative thinking. They waste thousands of crores in making such ridiculous websites.

Can't blame anyone but the people. The people want blocks so the government is giving blocks, if people protested than it would be unblocked.

Lol, if they block piracy and pr0n, then we would only need dial-up to check our mail. The govt. doesn't need to worry about broadband and 3g penetration any more.

Back