MTNL Blocking Torrent sites ?

I'm on MTNL Mumbai and now DT not opening for me...was working till morning :|

Tried https & changing to google/open dns but both didnt work :|

Strange Error, I can open any site, i have ZERO blockage. Am from MUmbai, using Net9. However if i add the Magnet Link of Priatebay it shows ZERO files and thus torrents dont work.

E.g if i downloading a "'free" documentary like Zietgiest and if i copy the Mag link when i add/paste link in Utorrent, in the pop box it gives details like where it is downloading, what all files can be downloaded, you can check/uncheck things like sample etc if you dont want them.... etc..... now that pop up box is like BLANK. thus even if i click OK nothing moves on.

Any suggestions?
manu1991 is correct there is nothing wrong with your ISP, i think when blank box appears you should go ahead with it it will load files automatically letter.

-Umesh

@manu and Umesh

I used to stop seeing the empty box. It worked out as you guys said. Thank you :) life is happy again.

Last edited by a moderator:
process for thepiratebay.org and desitorrents.com is described on this blog- kuchhbhi-kahinbhi.blogspot.in/2012/05/alternative-how-to-access.html

Guyz i was thinking of changing from hathway to mtnl in july end when my plan gets over

So should i stay on hathway on which no sites are blocked or should i change to mtnl ?

This will help to open torrent sites so check it out ...

1. Download Open VPN Client for Windows

2. Register to Privatetunnel and it's free :p

3. Install VPN Client then login to Privatetunnel

4. Bingo !! you can now open any torrent sites but except we have little disadvantage here cause this site has only 100 MB access size :(

today, even using google dns or open dns, sites are getting blocked, even the https is not helping. anyone else facing this on mtnl?

Only MTNL mumbai were using a DNS based block. Other ISP's were already using domain level blocks. Looks like they switched too.

So just to understand, only the torrent sites are being blocked corect? once we have the ".torrent" file then the downloading will work as it is, right? no need to change any settings/proxy/dns/vpn etc

So just to understand, only the torrent sites are being blocked corect? once we have the ".torrent" file then the downloading will work as it is, right? no need to change any settings/proxy/dns/vpn etc

Yes, once the file is with you things are fine.

MTNL is infact blocking torrent sites but its just the initial warning. Try to refresh 4-5 times and it will load the page.
I know is sounds strange but i'm on mtnl and no site is blocked. When i open tpb, kat.ph or any other torrent site, it shows a warning "Access to this site has been blocked as per Court Orders" , but hitting F5 couple of times seems to work.
I'm just using Firefox and google dns.

I think soon we will reach a day, when the government will control the net. Enjoy while you can. I can see it getting more and more illiberal. For most of the people running the country, the net is just like a poster or placard. They do not understand free speech and information flow. It will probably start with West Bengal and filter to other states. How a man standing on the street protesting can be lathi charged and locked up, they feel similar in attitude towards the net. As we progress towards modernization, the mental blocks of our ministers get more and more narrow. Be it a Goddess on a Brazilian bikini or cartoons pertaining to a minister -India- striving for idiotic intolerance and controller-ship over trivial matters. Worst is the corporate nexus which "people" share with the government. It clearly shows where priorities are. Not for consumers, but the providers and businessmen. It is going to get worse. The www, was one place, where people could breathe free from the noose(s) of race, color, religion, caste, governance, but that is changing and being shaped.

Back