Nokia N8 Thread

trivik12 said:
after a wait of 3 weeks i got my nokia n8(dark grey) from letsbuy.com. I guess price I paid( 21,509) was worth the wait.

How do I get redeem code for ovi music download?
nice price thx to icici card enjoy n8 its nice

trivik12 said:
after a wait of 3 weeks i got my nokia n8(dark grey) from letsbuy.com. I guess price I paid( 21,509) was worth the wait.

How do I get redeem code for ovi music download?

Start the Ovi Music app , there is an option over there.

mrintech said:
Only site with cheap price tag is: Nokia N8 Price India, Nokia N8 Review & Features, Buy Nokia Mobiles - Infibeam.com

Not getting this phone anywhere for around 21.5K, as others got in this thread :( and eBay seller with price 22900/- seems a bit unreliable, as no communication from his side from past 3 days regarding color. Moreover he got some Negative Feedback also :(

yea i bought from same ebay guys but when i asked him he said its out of stock and i ask him to refund and he did the same. after that i purchased from reliance digital for 22k

mjumrani said:

Considering the article has been written by Eldar, who is known to be biased against NOKIA and his recent scuffle for the N8 review phone which he refused to give up, I would definitely take that article with more than a pinch of salt. The article is baseless and most of the information in it does not have any source.
There will definitely be some defective pieces but not to the extent depicted in the article.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Start the Ovi Music app , there is an option over there.
But its not giving me free subscription. I keep getting the message that your phone is not eligible for free subscription. But nokia is listing n8 amont ovi phones.

I ultimately got ovi music enabled(download) with CC help. It has excellent song selection but quality is not that great. I prefer ripping flac/high bit rate mp3 from CD.

My initial impressions on the phone(I am having it for 4 days. Used it as a phone plus using wifi for browsing)

1) it looks really good and build quality is top notch

2) Call quality is outstanding

3) Battery life is ok(I expected more)

4) Screen is fantastic indoors. I have not used it outdoors to test its visibility

5) Music quality is great. I use my own headphones (Ultimate Ears TripleFi.10) and its great.

6) Camera is excellent

7) Default browser sucks big time. Opera Mobile is much better with page rendering but it does not support multi touch gestures. Plus clicking small links(like for a number) is a pain. I hope nokia fixes it in the near future.

I still need to use it for a while to get a better picture but I am satisfied with my purchase at 21.5K. Big disclaimer is that this is my 1st smartphone. Only 3G phone I have used is Motorola Q with Sprint EVDO network but that is just a phone with qwerty keyboard. I have seen iphone and android phones but not used them extensively to compare.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

adamigdum said:
n8 has any probs

i buying it in nxt 3 days

if u no plz tell me

awaiting for suggestions..........
If it is just Eldar then its not a concern but some of the comments in nokia forums are not good. We have not seen anyone post here about issues but there are only few nokia n8 owners. May be you should wait for next month or so to see if things have improved.

^^

Good synopsis... this is a very accurate representation of the N8. Browser is slow , rendering is okay but its very slow. Wait for the new browser i guess.... Wish opera supported multi touch.

trivik12 said:
I ultimately got ovi music enabled(download) with CC help. It has excellent song selection but quality is not that great. I prefer ripping flac/high bit rate mp3 from CD.

My initial impressions on the phone(I am having it for 4 days. Used it as a phone plus using wifi for browsing)

1) it looks really good and build quality is top notch
2) Call quality is outstanding
3) Battery life is ok(I expected more)
4) Screen is fantastic indoors. I have not used it outdoors to test its visibility
5) Music quality is great. I use my own headphones (Ultimate Ears TripleFi.10) and its great.
6) Camera is excellent
7) Default browser sucks big time. Opera Mobile is much better with page rendering but it does not support multi touch gestures. Plus clicking small links(like for a number) is a pain. I hope nokia fixes it in the near future.

I still need to use it for a while to get a better picture but I am satisfied with my purchase at 21.5K. Big disclaimer is that this is my 1st smartphone. Only 3G phone I have used is Motorola Q with Sprint EVDO network but that is just a phone with qwerty keyboard. I have seen iphone and android phones but not used them extensively to compare.

If it is just Eldar then its not a concern but some of the comments in nokia forums are not good. We have not seen anyone post here about issues but there are only few nokia n8 owners. May be you should wait for next month or so to see if things have improved.
i am using now from last 5 days and no problem till now everything working fine no issues at all

One more proud owner of Nokia N8.
I have been a symbian fan since my NGage-QD days. After that I used N73 for 3 years....
I trust Nokia and Symbian.
Tried Galaxy S for a day... it was getting very hot while using 3G so opted out.
Spent 4 crazy hours playing with d device and the Ovi Store apps.

Please let me know if I can use Wi-Fi dithering in N8. I could not find how to do it.

BTW: Got it in Pune for 23K CC Payment. Cash price is 22.5K. Also got a Nokia BH-505 Bluetooth headset for 3100/- ... great quality...

P.S. All those who had complaints about Nokia touch screen not being up to the mark should try this one. Its definately at par with HTC or Samsung :)

onlyravi said:
One more proud owner of Nokia N8.

I have been a symbian fan since my NGage-QD days. After that I used N73 for 3 years....

I trust Nokia and Symbian.

Tried Galaxy S for a day... it was getting very hot while using 3G so opted out.

Spent 4 crazy hours playing with d device and the Ovi Store apps.

Please let me know if I can use Wi-Fi dithering in N8. I could not find how to do it.

BTW: Got it in Pune for 23K CC Payment. Cash price is 22.5K. Also got a Nokia BH-505 Bluetooth headset for 3100/- ... great quality...

P.S. All those who had complaints about Nokia touch screen not being up to the mark should try this one. Its definately at par with HTC or Samsung :)
You mean tethering , right ? Download Joikuspot. I've been using it almost everyday since my datacard broke down , works great. Has an awesome panel which shows you amount of data upped and downloaded , uptime and current speed :D

thanks a lot druv u rock. I am exploring all small features which are not much talked about. played a great prank with fm transmitter today :)

.... sending from my Nokia N8

Lot of stories doing rounds on the net about issues with N8. From re-booting to heating up, etc.

Has some user over here experienced such problems with the phone?

My device is on 3G and wifi the whole day and it is not at all hot.
Though it had restarted once when I was installing many applications from the Ovi Store. Not sure if that was due to installations that were going on in d background or N8 issue... but I can live with it.
Had some similiar issues with my N73ME when it was launched but a update resolved them....
All who are thinking of purchasing N8.... stop thinking and grab it. For guys in Pune... there is ample stock provided by Nokia on this thursday... so please dont pay more coz thr is no stock.
I received a call from Nokia Delhi informing me about this when I mailed them about N8 being sold at high premium rates(26K).

So many localized applications (location based services) for free... really loving it..... hooked to NFS Shift at d moment

The guy who sold me d device convinced me a lot for buying a screen gaurd for Rs500. I insisted to stick with the one which came with the device for a few weeks and after some time he gave d same screen gaurd for 100bucks ;-)
Got a real cover for my N8. A casing with a leather flap.

dhruvrock2000 said:
You mean tethering , right ? Download Joikuspot. I've been using it almost everyday since my datacard broke down , works great. Has an awesome panel which shows you amount of data upped and downloaded , uptime and current speed :D
Which one are you using? LITE or PREMIUM?
Any site for good apps and games for N8 other than d OVI?

Back