Nokia N8 Thread

anfjavid said:
Guys, given that the nokia n8's battery is not user removable, what would a user do if the device hangs ?. Because sometimes even the phone's power button will not function when it hangs and the only way is to remove and insert the battery. In such a case, is it not difficult for a user to carry a screwdriver along with him wherever he goes ?. Moreover from a youtube video came to know that the removal is also not that easy...

WHat do you think about this Nokia N8 users ?. Or is the phone made in such a way that the power button will work in any situation ?? ..
Press down the power button for about 6-8 seconds. The phone will vibrate three times and do a soft reset.

anfjavid said:
Guys, given that the nokia n8's battery is not user removable, what would a user do if the device hangs ?. Because sometimes even the phone's power button will not function when it hangs and the only way is to remove and insert the battery. In such a case, is it not difficult for a user to carry a screwdriver along with him wherever he goes ?. Moreover from a youtube video came to know that the removal is also not that easy...

WHat do you think about this Nokia N8 users ?. Or is the phone made in such a way that the power button will work in any situation ?? ..
Two guys have already answered with the power button solution. Also removing the battery is not that difficult as u may assume. There are vdos on youtube which will show step by step how to do this..without any special equipment... but one may never need to do this unless a faulty battery needs to be replaced. Also there is a combination of the "Menu Button" + "Vol - key" + "Power button" for formatting your device in case u need it. (Pls confirm the combination..... read it sometime back)

dhruvrock2000 said:
Press down the power button for about 6-8 seconds. The phone will vibrate three times and do a soft reset.
But i dont want a soft reset, just wanna restart the device when it hangs. Soft reset will bring all the phone settings to factory default and each and every time the device hangs i would have to do a soft reset and customize the settings which is a frustrating task....

anfjavid said:
But i dont want a soft reset, just wanna restart the device when it hangs. Soft reset will bring all the phone settings to factory default and each and every time the device hangs i would have to do a soft reset and customize the settings which is a frustrating task....
Soft reset will not bring the phone to its factory installed settings. It will just reboot the phone. Not sure about this but I am writing this on the basis of what happens on my Blackberry.

The format option will format the whole phone though and restore everything to stock and you would lose all data as well.

anfjavid said:
Soft reset as in , software reset ... it will just restart the phone :p

Observing some strange issue with Opera Mobile 10 from last 2 days. It cannot open facebook properly... and some buttons are not clickable... even if I tried to zoom the view to click (tap) on a particular button I am unable to click it.... dont know if it is Opera issue or some issue with the FB site. (Downloaded Opera Mobile from Ovi Store)

Well as you can see , it does work :p

I don't have a bluetooth keyboard so i haven't tried it out. What i HAVE tried is , HDMI + logitech wireless keyboard connected to the USB port.

30-40% performance improvement. Improvements to the browser but NOT the new browser yet. General speed improvements , MAYBE another homescreen , new apps etc...

This is all tentative though... anything can change in the final version of the software.

Downloaded new youtube and skype apps. Youtube is great. Earlier version sucked(did not use the screen at all). This looks good enough to watch movies on youtube. Did not yet try the skype.

They need to fix few things asap.

1) New browser

2) Couple of times the phone has hung. So there are few bugs to fix

3) Wifi keeps auto connecting despite setting it never to do it. So that affects battery life. We need a fix to disable it.

I also wished it had user replaceable battery so that we could have carried a spare. Also preferred it to have 1500mah battery. I would need a car charger for long drive for sure.

Overall happy with the phone. My 2 year old daughter loves it as well(wants to see youtube videos and captured videos on the phone). Dark grey is good color.

Back