Nokia N8 Thread

I have done that. Still it keeps scanning. there is a bug for sure. There is a thread(s) in nokia forums about this as well. I am hopeful they will fix it with next firmware.

I got a few questions

1: The WLAN issue, its draining the battery way too much! No way to switch it off?

2: Sype works only landscape, anyway to make it work on the portrait mode?

3: Got a few new FW updates, what is the changelog?

I dunno dude... my Wifi is switched off all the time...

Swype is CURRENTLY only landscape. When it gets integrated into the phone FW , it'll have portrait support as well.

Those aren't exactly FW upgrades , they're internal app upgrades. The first major update will be 1.1 which is scheduled to be out anytime this month. And the Huge update will be 2.0 . That one is expected to come around Feb or so.

I'm using the Nokia silicon skin with the phone.. does it really need a screen guard too? Or will it just hamper with the touch layer?

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Last nite I received the Real Golf 11 game through Ovi Suite when I connected my N8 to he PC.
Its 137Mb in size. The game looks good but is little buggy... specially the OK (tick) button to proceed to next levels. Need to click(touch) on and around the button to click it.
Also purchased the AngryBirds after the Lite version got over. I used a citibank CC to buy that game. I dont know if they will charge me extra for any conversion charges?? Can anybody who has purchased from Ovi store enlighten on this...
Ovi Store: You need to start charging in INR not Euros and pounds.

Hey this might sound stupid but can anyone m,easure the length and bredth of the screen and trell me its dimensions?? i do know its 3.5'' butt can anyone give me the actual length and bredth??

Thanks in advance

Its week end and you can walk into any Nokia store and measure the screen. I am wondering how the store guys will be looking at you :D
Like I said in the PM screens above 3.5" across diff company cell phones are almost same in length.Only the width differs. I compared a SGS, HTC Desire HD and N8 side by side and the hieght of display was almost same.... the width was less in N8 thats it.....

Back