Pixel 6a launched

GeekyRanjit has nailed it about who should and should not buy these phones
Me: I want to buy AC. Which one to buy?
Friend: Who is going to use the AC?
Me: My phone.
Friend:
Are You Insane GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Samsung should've called that chip 'Ovenos', not 'Exynos'.

GeekyRanjit has nailed it about who should and should not buy these phones
Yup, I do follow him. I have seen that video and those SOc is definitely not for India. Until they solve their heating issues, it's a no brainer. Unless one is comfortable with some compromises.
Given that there are plethora of options in the Indian market but very few come close to giving a good user experience. If you leave apple ecosystem, the only ones are Samsung and Google. I don't have anything against Samsung, but I don't like their phones. And Google is having a bad time with their phones. I mean the phones are good, per se. This SoC is letting them down.
Hence sticking to Motorola for now.
Maybe @vishalrao can share his experience on how his 7 pro holds up against his day to day use.

I haven't experienced issues with my 7pro but then my usage is pretty moderate. No gaming or lengthy video recording nor much outdoor use etc.
Moto is a great VFM option, I still have my edge 30 kept as backup.

I haven't experienced issues with my 7pro but then my usage is pretty moderate. No gaming or lengthy video recording nor much outdoor use etc.
Moto is a great VFM option, I still have my edge 30 kept as backup.

Aside from a VERY bad fingerprint sensor, same here on Pixel 6A. It takes phenomenally good photos and works great for the light usage I have.

Having read this thread though, I might just stick with Samsung etc for the next one though lol. Think I just got lucky.

In my personal experience once you are start working , get a job - nobody games on their phones and i am not talking of everyday Candycrush or Sudoku or such
The only requirement in a phone is good camera , lasts till evening and fluent lag free OS with good modem
All Pixels , Samsung mid rangers are perfect for normal people and top tiers phones are awesome .
I dont know when i last gamed on my phone , may be 10 years prior .....

Although the post says about 7a, I am pretty sure the same cost cutting would have gone into 6a too given that Google uses Sammy's chip, hence the overheating issues.

Last edited:
I sold P6A and got S22+ in the flipkart offer - I think the cameras match up fairly well, but my S22+ does not heat up that much and does not struggle with camera in outdoor heating. Samsung emojis suck but apart from that the OneUI thing does not really bother you that much now, once you set it all up. Not gonna get any pixel until they fix heating issues

Even i tried the samsung f14 with one ui , gotta say its a substancial upgrade since the touchwiz/ui days.
Never would have thought that samsung's ui would be the next best thing after stock android.
In my Mind, samsung software meant hanging issues based on the past experiences.

Aside from a VERY bad fingerprint sensor, same here on Pixel 6A. It takes phenomenally good photos and works great for the light usage I have.

Having read this thread though, I might just stick with Samsung etc for the next one though lol. Think I just got lucky.

that fingerprint is a disaster - your finger must be moist or lubed or whatever to register to unlock the phone, it's hilarious!

India is not a priority market for Pixels. As long they sell in US/EU/UK, Google won't bother much with "boycotts" or low sales in Indian or Asian markets.

This is good, definitely, it will make pixel prices lower as it wont have to be imported from vietnam. They are doing this to avoid reliance on china. Apple is also assembling phones here.

that fingerprint is a disaster - your finger must be moist or lubed or whatever to register to unlock the phone, it's hilarious!

I genuinely dont understand why they couldnt put one in the back. If you are gonna cut costs, this would be the easiest on to rip out.

Infact that is true of every phone. I much prefer the finger print to be on the back. It is very ergonomic and feels natural.

I genuinely dont understand why they couldnt put one in the back. If you are gonna cut costs, this would be the easiest on to rip out.

Infact that is true of every phone. I much prefer the finger print to be on the back. It is very ergonomic and feels natural.
In fact, if you cant afford the ultrasonic FP, might as well just have a rear mounted or back mounted FP sensor, they are both cheaper, and also faster. :facepalm:

I much prefer it on the front, or on the side. I dont lift my phone, like ever when I am resting on the bed/couch. My last 2 phones had FP on rear and I never bothered with them For me they are the most impractical place for a FP reader to be.

Back