Pixel 6a launched

The phone auto updated at night while charging. BL is not unlocked. Have icici app and it does not work if even developer options is on. day to day phone so can't mess with it.

I'll try the web version and see if it makes a backup on my pc.
edit: wa web only downloads select few messages. wa desktop not available for linux. so i'm stuck with this now till i have another phone. one way i see is to take my old 4g phone and use current sim in it for usb tethering of data and do factory reset of pixel in recovery mode through browser. might work. will try this sunday after taking backup of phone.
Backup to google drive including videos is free , If you adequate speeds it should be no issue

Just looking for various opinions from P6a owners about a14. I have stalled upgrading as I would rather not have to face any bugs and issues typical of a new Android release on pixels.

Just looking for various opinions from P6a owners about a14. I have stalled upgrading as I would rather not have to face any bugs and issues typical of a new Android release on pixels.
The big issue is with doing the update when having multiple accounts set. I switched to Android 14 from beta 5 and also updated to the final release on Day 1. I did have multiple accounts set and use work profile on the device, but didn't face any issues, probably because I updated from the beta versions.

Back