Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II launching in India tomorrow - May 25th

Nice but it begs the question? Is it worth the 5k ~ 7k price over the Optimus 2X.

RD274 said:
Nice but it begs the question? Is it worth the 5k ~ 7k price over the Optimus 2X.
That depends on what feature set you are looking in the phone. If you can live with the IPS pannel of the 2X and the quirks of Tegra2 in 2X (frequent reboots, black screens etc), average 1080p video rec and running Froyo then you should go for the 2X by all means.

I would love to go for the S2 but my budget is strictly 30k. Anyways I have untill mid-June to decide so lets see ....

I just Pre-booked Mine at letsbuy.

Beyond a doubt its a bit costly, however considering the accessories you get with the booking and hoping that we are able to use the letsbuy 1000 Bucks discount coupon, then effective price of the commodity falls between 29-30K.

GODSPEED

I was very eagerly waiting for this ph, will pick it up around 15th June, hope price is around 30k by then

32800 is the mrp. My sammy dealer will get it by this weekend at most and end buying price should be 28-29k max.. 16gb nfc edition . We are trying for bulk buy with some 15+ people with cash option. A friend is talking directly to samsung India for good discount on bulk order. Anyone from mumbai interested pls contact me if your buying it via cash. Price should come down to below 28k via that route if we can manage over 20+ people. DM me if interested..

MRP is 32800 and MOP is 29900. Dealer sell it below mop price often. I got SGS for 26.8k when MRP was some 31.8k ..

^^ cool group buys are always great...! I will be buying one soon , don't have money right now :(

The wait for newer technology never ends as it becomes old too soon :p

Its no use buying tech that you won't have time to use.

JayMathers said:
I just Pre-booked Mine at letsbuy.
Beyond a doubt its a bit costly, however considering the accessories you get with the booking and hoping that we are able to use the letsbuy 1000 Bucks discount coupon, then effective price of the commodity falls between 29-30K.

GODSPEED
I was wondering, Rs. 1000 pre-order cost going to be deducted from the 32830, or is that extra? :huh:

^ it will be deducted, pre order cost is kind of confirmation that you will take it :)

If someone is going to do it for Bangalore, I am in.
yogi7272 said:
32800 is the mrp. My sammy dealer will get it by this weekend at most and end buying price should be 28-29k max.. 16gb nfc edition . We are trying for bulk buy with some 15+ people with cash option. A friend is talking directly to samsung India for good discount on bulk order. Anyone from mumbai interested pls contact me if your buying it via cash. Price should come down to below 28k via that route if we can manage over 20+ people. DM me if interested..

MRP is 32800 and MOP is 29900. Dealer sell it below mop price often. I got SGS for 26.8k when MRP was some 31.8k ..

I am, a couple people already confirmed to buy it on launch day. Will let you know the pricing as soon as I get to hear from my dealer.

I just pre-ordered on letsbuy! They've changed the free accessories list - removed the car charger (bleh), and added a Samsung bluetooth headset, which I wouldn't mind having. That plus the MHL adaptor which I'd have bought anyway makes this an acceptable price! :)

sathyanaidu said:
I am, a couple people already confirmed to buy it on launch day. Will let you know the pricing as soon as I get to hear from my dealer.

Count me in too, im picking one up tooo and from bangalore :)

lucky if u people manage to get it around 29k, best deal IMO..

i hope to get this ph asap :(

Back