Amazon Prime is now in India!

Wow i got a mostly similar message right now but they got me more confused now...are they saying it is a mistake they will resolve??

Hello,

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience you facing with your pin code while trying to place the order for one day delivery. Please don't worry, I'm here to help you with this.

Unfortunately, the pin code for your area is currently not available due to technical glitches.

Amazon is currently work as a market place where prime one day delivery option is depends upon the pincode, product availability and courier facility in that area.

I would like to inform you that week on week we asked the courier to update their delivery for all the pin codes. On further researching, I see this time they didn't update your pin code.

If the courier didn't update then it is not possible for us to provide the one day delivery to your pin code. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As you know it is fully automated system and our system not allow us to do change the option unless they update their from our end. I hope you will understand our limitation in this situation.

However, to help you in this case I've requested concern team and requested them to list your pin code eligible for delivery at the earliest. As you know we newly launched in India and we fixing our issues one by one. I hope we will fix the issue soon and arrange the delivery to your pin code as soon as possible.

I hope you understand that we are trying our best to ensure all the options are made available for the sale.

I'm positive and would like to confirm that this issue will be resolved on prior.

We won't let down our valuable customers like you in any situation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. It was a pleasure assisting a valued customer like you.

However, I'm sorry, I will not be able to provide any additional information in this regard than what has been already provided.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amazon has messed up badly after this Prime launch, the pin codes which earlier had 1 or 2 days option are now left with only standard 2-4 days delivery. Now, either this is a technical glitch or a ploy which is being used during this free trial so that they don't get flooded with 1-2 days deliveries.

^^ simply because they now have lot many people trying out prime. they just can't handle so much expedited shipments. only standard delivery is free for prime users. rest have lots of conditions.

^^ simply because they now have lot many people trying out prime. they just can't handle so much expedited shipments. only standard delivery is free for prime users. rest have lots of conditions.
Well. Its getting terrible day by day. Placed an order on 9th August 8:00 and till now they haven't shipped my order. All they say is prime just guarantees free delivery and they are not able to accept that 3 days of shipping time from a Tier-1 city to Tier-1 city is a lot?

If this is the thing after Free Trial I'm Done buying on AmazonIN.

I too didnt like that aspect of Amazon. I think due to this launch and promotion offer of Prime they have increased the shipping of all Prime products. I can hardly find a product which can be shipped to Pune in a day. Earlier I use to find so many.
Maybe they are load testing their delivery network for one day delivery. Or it could be that due to the complex and unpredictable Indian business environment they will have 2 day free shipping for Prime instead of 1 day.
Not sure about this but I think there is a fulfillment center coming up (already functioning) near Pune. I got few of my recent orders shipped out from there. Its somewhere near Mahalunge near Pune. Only if someone could confirm this. Then same day shipping to Pune could be a possibility.
Few days back I had complained about the slow delivery. But in last 3 days many of my orders got delivered in 1 day. I tried placing order for a same item from a friend's account (prime activated on same day) and shipped to same address. In his account it said 2-4 days where at same time for same item same seller it showed 1 day delivery for me.
So this is pretty much random and still dosen't make much sense to me.

I've had a poor experience of Prime as well..

Ordered an item on 10 Aug.. Tracking detail shows shipping date will be 14 Aug. Delivery Date 18 Aug.. 8 Days to deliver an item with Prime.. Laughable!!

Few days back I had complained about the slow delivery. But in last 3 days many of my orders got delivered in 1 day. I tried placing order for a same item from a friend's account (prime activated on same day) and shipped to same address. In his account it said 2-4 days where at same time for same item same seller it showed 1 day delivery for me.
So this is pretty much random and still dosen't make much sense to me.
They will say our "courier partners" have not added your pincode for quicker delivery etc etc. Even though your tell them that it was the same pincode.

While this might be completely arbitrary but the last time I talked to Amazon CC who talked in a fishy manner, the chat bar showed his name as "Amazon" and he dint even tell his name, I got a phishing mail within hours.

Last edited:
Bots !!!!! :p

I just looked at my credit card statement for this month(after prime launched) and I was like "Damn Daniel"
July is usually crazy for me every year with so many birthdays and other events but even then I dont shop like crazy like I did this month.
I think this prime is making impulsive purchases happen even more often than before.
Need to control this urge. :(

Last edited:
Before Prime, items used to show 4-6 days delivery. I even used to get the items in 3-4 days. Now all items show 6-14 days for delivery. Prime is of no use to me if its going to increase delivery times by a week.

If this is the thing after Free Trial I'm Done buying on AmazonIN.
Yes, they are setting a bad precedent. Looking at India's population and monsoons, they should've rolled out Prime in a controlled manner. Right now, it's open for all and not-so-active users like me, would also pounce upon such opportunity.

They will say our "courier partners" have not added your pincode for quicker delivery etc etc. Even though your tell them that it was the same pincode.
Sometime back, I got a chance to look into Amazon's order fulfillment system. If they haven't upgraded themselves by now, then let me tell you that they have lots of kinks to be sorted out.

And the CC messages posted on this thread appear to be non-professional. A company like Amazon won't show their helplessness with regards to courier companies. Either the CC rep is new and blurting out insider info or an employee serving notice period :p

Snapdeal's answer to Prime.

LrFr7V1.png

Slightly off topic. Most of the product price in Amazon is spiked during weekend. I have seen this happen several times. They come to normal during weekdays. Anyone noticed?

Slightly off topic. Most of the product price in Amazon is spiked during weekend. I have seen this happen several times. They come to normal during weekdays. Anyone noticed?
this was always noticed with amazon USA but recently observed the same on India amazon also. but I wouldn't mind it much. coz little awareness is required before buying expensive stuff online from any site on what prices are being offered else where.
now there the same is over i hope amazon sorts the delivery delay issues.

I was able to get next day delivery using Amazon Prime in Pune. I ordered FiiO EX1 IEM on 11th August and it got delivered the next day. I had put this in my cart few days earlier as well but had removed it because it was showing delivery date of 16th August. Maybe they fixed something at their end and I was able to get next day delivery after that.

Back