Amazon Prime is now in India!

So I ordered a few more chillar items again recently (SIM adapters, phone back cases) and noticed the delivery people seem to be independent/contractor types and not from any major courier like Blue Dart, FedEx or even Amazon's Transportation Services. They're dressed in casuals (jeans/tshirts) - one guy had a colourful handkerchief wrapped around his head like a bandana :D

Looks like amazon are outsourcing/experimenting with last mile delivery for now. I hope they expand their own ATS team to include such smaller people (in additional to long distance shipping) to get the deliveries timeframes right. Like they launched their own "airline" (fleet of aeroplanes) in the US for deliveries/logistics.

I guess depends on how good of revenues they generate in the coming months/years (not profits) then they should reach "world class" levels.

My trial has expired.

Got this mail

If Prime Video is included, I am all in, duh!

Hello Vivek,

Thank you for trying Amazon Prime. We are writing to let you know that your free trial has expired. To continue enjoying your benefits for a whole year, join Prime today at a special introductory price of Rs. 999 Rs. 499.

Join millions of Prime members who enjoy:
  • Unlimited FREE One-Day, Two-Day & Standard Delivery on eligible items
  • No minimum order size
  • 30-minute early access to top Lightning Deals every day
  • Discounted Same-Day and Morning Delivery to over 20 cities
Prime Video is on its way with unlimited streaming of exclusive Amazon Originals, blockbuster movies and premium TV shows.

Even my trial expired today. I didn't feel that much difference though from normal delivery of 4-7 days. Maybe it's cause I don't live in a metro. I've heard of people getting items the same day in evening or next day in morning who subscribed to Prime so it's beneficial them.

Edit: Amazon app added Prime membership to the shopping cart automatically in my account.

Btw, did anyone notice that the items marked with Prime tag are 60-100 Rupees more than other sellers? I think they have already added shipping charges to the total.

Last edited:
My trial also shows "due to expire Oct 1st, 2016" (today) and I most likely won't pay for a further subscription. Not really a frequent shopper here.

Got one item in the cart which is auto added :) nice try - people may click buy when ordering Deal item - Will renew only when they introduce video service and I definitely wait till 18th Nov as The Grand Tour Airing date....hope by then they will launch the video service.

No benefit for Prime here in Eastern Region Kolkata other than Free below 500 bucks order.

Even my trial expired today. I didn't feel that much difference though from normal delivery of 4-7 days. Maybe it's cause I don't live in a metro.

Edit: Amazon app added Prime membership to the shopping cart automatically in my account.
It's not only the app auto adding the prime membership in the cart, I don't have Amazon app but the membership was in my cart.

Same here for the delivery timings
Edit: Renewed.

Last edited:
Renewed it. Mainly to avoid shipping charges for low cost items. Also hoping they'd improve 1 day and 2 days shipping, now that many would have fallen out of the prime coverage.

Btw, did anyone notice that the items marked with Prime tag are 60-100 Rupees more than other sellers? I think they have already added shipping charges to the total.

If they are doing this, then what is the point of PRIME. It is really bad.

Prime wasn't any good for me. I thought that living in a rural area, I would really benefit by not having to pay shipping but none of the things I would look to order that were under 500 were not Prime eligible. I will renew it once their Video service comes out, not right now.

I also renewed it. welcome kit will be sent between 14 to 17 october hopefully it should be something nice.
Atleast i don't have to think now before making low cost purchase, already purchased so many useless thing just to complete 500 rs.
Amazon prime videos ...just hoping for it to be good.

Back