Amazon Prime is now in India!

Their T&C state that it's not free for everybody.
Of-course it is not free for everybody, it is applicable only for eligible pin codes. Basically, if you had one or two day option earlier, then you have the same thing now but for free. https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202044310

Also, I don't know why people are getting confused over delivery timelines, you have to order before afternoon for one day delivery, it has been the same since a long time for all the websites like flipkart, amazon, snapdeal. If you order in evening or night, the day after tomorrow becomes one day delivery date.

I have also been noticing deliveries with vague timelines on Prime and that too for Bangalore. I was ordering an earphone, the page said 2-4 days delivery but when I went to pay for the page says anywhere between 3rd - 16th of August. So that is any where between 2-13 days delivery. I ordered it to see what they actually do. After shipping it says 7 days delivery. So its unclear timelines all throughout which is confusing. I am not sure if I will opt prime if they can tell me whether something will take 7-10 days and instead provide 2-4 days timeline on the product page for "prime" members.

Last edited:
I too didnt like that aspect of Amazon. I think due to this launch and promotion offer of Prime they have increased the shipping of all Prime products. I can hardly find a product which can be shipped to Pune in a day. Earlier I use to find so many.
Maybe they are load testing their delivery network for one day delivery. Or it could be that due to the complex and unpredictable Indian business environment they will have 2 day free shipping for Prime instead of 1 day.
Not sure about this but I think there is a fulfillment center coming up (already functioning) near Pune. I got few of my recent orders shipped out from there. Its somewhere near Mahalunge near Pune. Only if someone could confirm this. Then same day shipping to Pune could be a possibility.

Jeff Bezos on Prime video:
"It's been a busy few months for Amazon around the world, and particularly in India — where we launched a new AWS Region, introduced Prime with unlimited free shipping, and announced that Prime Video is coming soon, offering Prime members in India exclusive access to Amazon Original Series and Movies — including original content featuring top Indian creators and talent,"

Here are my observations after ordering 11 products since the introduction of Prime.

- If the product cost is more than 400+, You are getting one day delivery. If its say something like 100rs and the product is being shipped from same city warehouse.. They're taking 2 days.
- Pantry service is pretty much usless as of now, No products at all due to limited pincode service.(Trials in 10-12 pincodes i guess)
- I went on ordering and nearly 7 orders were not more than 200rupees value each time, So it even took 3 days for delivery. (No minimum)

Say if i pay 500 rupees after free trial, Its coming down to Rs 42/month (pretty decent), If they're providing video content in that, Completely Kickass! A year later, If its 1000 rupees its coming down to 84 rupees/month with complete catalog over a period of time.. Its totally VFM for customers.

Comparing video pricing.. End of the day its 200/month for Netflix and ~ 45 /month for prime video.

Actually, now that I think more about it, probably yeah, because Amazon video collection probably isn't as broad as Netflix's collection... (my bad)

Then we have to take Amazon Prime sharing also under consideration, Amazon allows 2 Adults and 4 Children to share a single Prime account. Even, if you consider just 2 people, it comes down to Rs. 21/month. I am quite sure people will share amongst 3-4 people and bring it down to Rs 5/month

People expecting Prime Video, I hope you guys know that not everything what amazon offers in terms of Videos is available for free even for prime members. You only have content which is included in Prime. Not like netflix where once inside the app, everything is included in your monthly price. Like I pay $10 per month for Netflix and my wife can watch Revenge all 4 seasons through it. But I am an amazon prime member as well (in US) and amazon has revenge in streaming but not free, each episode right from season 1 costs money.

Then we have to take Amazon Prime sharing also under consideration, Amazon allows 2 Adults and 4 Children to share a single Prime account. Even, if you consider just 2 people, it comes down to Rs. 21/month. I am quite sure people will share amongst 3-4 people and bring it down to Rs 5/month
Hahaha Im sure some will.

The introduction of prime has made things bad than it was. No option of getting one day delivery now. July 16th I got my OP3 in one day. Now I have to wait for 4-6 days :(
Two of my orders were delivered by Fedex and Bluedart. Both were Amazon Prime orders.
I have placed about 8-9 orders since prime was introduced. 5 of them costing more than 2k and all by big seller and Prime. None of them was delivered earlier than 3 days.

I ordered a phone and a laptop bag on prime in the centre of Mumbai . It tells me 4 to 6 days . Much slower than flip kart . I do not understand what the benifits of prime actually are ..[emoji2]

So I got a response from Amazon. They actually delivered one item before this under a guaranteed 1 day delivery before this but now they say (emphasis mine):
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. The item(s) you ordered could not be shipped through guaranteed delivery options because guaranteed delivery isn't available to this address under Prime .

Please understand that we would never want to disappoint our valued customer but somehow we fail to do so due to such factors which are out of our control.

I hope you understand that we completely rely on our courier services for delivery of orders.

Amazon Prime members will still receive free standard delivery on purchase of Prime eligible items that do not qualify for guaranteed delivery options.

Back