Amazon Prime is now in India!

Are you folks comparing the prices of small items against same/similar stuff available offline/locally? For example I got a pack of 10 "gel" writing pens for 300 which is the full MRP coming to Rs. 30 per pen. But in nearby shop for similar pens it's about 10 bucks each I believe.

Also got a pack of 6 duracell AAA batteries for 210 - not sure what it would cost locally.

You are right. Comparing with MRP is very misleading. Nowadays a number of large format retail stores like D-Mart, WalMart (BestPrice) are offering competitive prices.

I don't understand what this is about! I placed an order via prime just now and it says to be delivered by August 2nd - 4th!! I didn't get any one day or two day option!

So, what is the use of Prime exactly? :S

upload_2016-7-29_23-21-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-29_23-20-23.png
    upload_2016-7-29_23-20-23.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 210
Even i ordered on 27th, Got it today.
LZ04ke0.png

I don't understand what this is about! I placed an order via prime just now and it says to be delivered by August 2nd - 4th!! I didn't get any one day or two day option!

So, what is the use of Prime exactly? :S

Free delivery. That's it.

There are lots of *

You should read terms before signing up for Prime

Attachments

• 544.PNG
    544.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
@Neo-N One day and two day shipping options are available only at specific pin codes, IINW. May be your address does not qualify for that. Those options come up only for eligible addresses.

@Neo-N One day and two day shipping options are available only at specific pin codes, IINW. May be your address does not qualify for that. Those options come up only for eligible addresses.

I stay at Bandra... That's like the heart of Mumbai. If that's not serviceable with 1 or 2 day option, dunno what is! :|

Also, previously (pre prime era), I have paid for and availed one day delivery. Now suddenly prime trial is free and they do not service my area!

I got a shipment delivered in Hyderabad less than 36hrs via Amazon Prime.
But its second best, Flipkart delivered in less than 12hrs, 7am order delivered by 7pm. Yes it has to do with your pincode mostly.

I stay at Bandra... That's like the heart of Mumbai. If that's not serviceable with 1 or 2 day option, dunno what is! :|

Also, previously (pre prime era), I have paid for and availed one day delivery. Now suddenly prime trial is free and they do not service my area!
From the same city and still slow deliveries? Strange though. Could be because of the value of the product being less.

I ordered a SD Card (Around 560) which was shipped out from Hyderabad warehouse through 1 day delivery.

WTF is this now? They are charging for 1 day delivery even for Prime! Just that it's 50 instead of 100!

So, if I pay 499 for Prime, I still pay 50 bucks each time I want one day delivery? :S

upload_2016-7-31_20-57-39.png

WTF is this now? They are charging for 1 day delivery even for Prime! Just that it's 50 instead of 100!

So, if I pay 499 for Prime, I still pay 50 bucks each time I want one day delivery? :S

View attachment 65985

Weird. Even I am getting discounted delivery, not one day free.

Enjoy unlimited FREE fast delivery
Guaranteed One-Day and Two-Day delivery with no minimum order size
Why pay Rs.100 for One-Day Delivery every time you need an item quickly? As a Prime member, get unlimited FREE One-Day and Two-Day Delivery to over a hundred cities in India. Choose from eligible items in the country’s largest online store, no minimum order size needed.

Prime members also enjoy discounted Same-Day, Morning and Scheduled Delivery to pin-codes in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and more cities across India.

You can see all the Prime delivery options available for your order at Checkout.

Learn more about all Prime delivery options

The next page has some more

Amazon Prime benefits, applicable on all Prime Eligible
GUID-8D26016C-9958-4F19-8DAE-60D069B831C8_en-IN.png
items, include:

• FREE One-Day Delivery to eligible addresses.
  • FREE Two-Day delivery to eligible addresses.
  • Discounted Same-Day Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
  • Discounted Morning Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
  • Discounted Scheduled Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
  • No minimum order value required for FREE Standard Delivery.
  • Prime Early Access- Get early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.in.
  • Prime Exclusive Deals - Get exclusive Lightning Deals and Deals of the Day for Prime members on Amazon.in
For more information on the delivery speed eligibility, go to Amazon Prime Delivery Benefits.

For more information on deals, go to About Prime Early and Exclusive Access.

Note:

• Some items are not available for one-day and two-day delivery due to special packaging or handling requirements and instead will receive free standard delivery. For more details, please refer Guaranteed Delivery Terms and Conditions.
  • Amazon Prime Benefits are applicable to all Prime Eligible items. All Prime Eligible items are Fulfilled by Amazon with added free fast deliery benefits.
  • Amazon Prime benefits do not extend to items that are fulfilled by sellers or to Fulfilled by Amazon items belonging to the large appliances and furniture categories.
  • Amazon Prime is not available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale or use Prime free delivery to deliver products to their customers or potential customers.
  • We may change these benefits occasionally as provided in the Prime Terms & Conditions.

View attachment 65985

Only standard delivery is free. Expedited shipping is discounted or free or not-available, based on the delivery address.

One day and two day deliveries are free, same day delivery costs Rs.50.

In this particular case, 1st August is considered same day as you are ordering after 31st afternoon, the same timelines apply to all websites. So, One day delivery will be on 2nd August if you order by 1st August afternoon.

Back