Laptops Apple introduces the Ipad 2!

Sanav3

Adept
iPad 2 launched

Ipad 2 just out.

details- http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal-tech/tablets/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229300026

10:18: What about 2011? Jobs asks. "Everyone's got a tablet." Is 2011 the year of the

Jobs announces iPad 2. All new design, he says. Not marginal improvements. Dramatically faster. A5 chip -- "our chip wizards have come out with it." Dual core. 2x faster CPU, 9x faster on graphics. Same low power as A4 chip.

10:21: Built in cameras. More on that in a second. A built in gyroscope. From 13.4 mm thick to 8.8 mm thick. Thinner than an iPhone 4. Also lighter. From 1.5 pounds to 1.3 pounds. He says it feels a lot lighter.

10:22: Jobs is really stressing how thin it is. Like him. Shipping both black and white from day 1. Big applause on that.

Both AT&T and Verizon on day 1. No applause on that. We're already there, of course.

10:23: What about battery life. The same 10 hour battery life as the original iPad. Over one month of stand by.

10:24: Jobs says that as they have added more, and made it better and lighter and thinner, they are sticking to standards like great battery life. They've also "preserved the price." Exact same prices

10:25: 2011 is the year of iPad 2. It will ship March 11. In one week. That's a surprise. That's in the US. 26 more countries by March 25.

10:27: Now onto accessories. HDMI video out. Thank goodness for that. HDMI mirrored video output -- what you see on the iPad is what you see out. Up to 1080p. Works with all apps. Supports rotation, no setup and you can charge your iPad while you're using it. $39.

10:28: Also, "smart covers." Before, we went through all the trouble of designing something great, and covered it with a case, which also made it harder to use. They designed the case (a cover) with the design of the product.

10:29: It wakes up the iPad from sleep when you open the cover. It uses magnets. Grasp and auto-aligns it.

10:32: It also has a micro fiber liniing that cleans it. All of this is helpful, especially as you take it with you. Of course, I've been seeing many more cases that include Bluetooth keyboards built in, and that isn't covered here. But they just showed a video of the cover and it is really really nifty. The video reminds Jobs of a "Pixar short or something." Hehe. Of course they come in colors: polyurethane are $39 and the leather ones are $69.

Now we're onto iOS 4.3. Scott Forstall, the iOS VP is on to talk about this.

Re: Ipad 2 Out

catching this on engadget.incredible stuff.i always try to support other products and companies in the battles with apple in terms of portable devices but there is no doubt this ipad 2 is just blowing the standard away.

Well more then the ipad2 I was happy to see steve jobs on stage. iPad 2 looks great but I will skip this one and wait for iPad 3 with retina display.

Features:

• Dual-core 1GHz A5 processor, which is "up to two times faster" than the previous version, Steve says.

• The graphics have been improved too. The GPU goes at nine times the speed as before.

• Same low power consumption as the A4.

• Built-in cameras for photos and video: One for frontal FaceTime videoconferencing and Photobooth (VGA resolution) and one on the back with 720p HD video capability.

• It also has a built-in gyroscope, like the iPhone 4.

• They claim the battery life is 10 hours, like before, with a one month stand-by time.

• HDMI mirrored video output at 1080p Full HD (the cable costs $39).

•Thinner than an iPhone 4!

•Available in both black and white from Day 1.

The only thing that remains the same is the 9.7-inch 1024 x 768-pixel IPS display.

As always, apple has blown away the competition. So much more at the same price. This is Epic!

Great news . Nothing new , as these things were out as rumors . Waiting to get hands on it .

Seriously impressive hardware and price! Except, agreed, the display could have been 1280x720 (HD) or 1280x800 aspect ratio but then that is widescreen which may make it look fugly but not a deal breaker. Time to buy Apple stocks again :p

wOOt Steve is back! In the good ol' black tee and the jean. Seems to have lost some pounds. :D

Neat pricing for the device. And the smart cover is impressive although the 39$ price tag is a rip-off! Cheaper Chinese clones would be out shortly. :p

Oh and the older iPads get a price cut as well. The 16GB WiFi for 400USD. Pretty good IMO.

Seriously impressive stuff!

I don't see one reason why anyone would buy any other tablet over iPad 2! With 65k apps already developed for iPad (compared to < 50 for Honeycomb) and pricing that is better than competitors, this is going to be a simple choice for anyone in the market for a new tablet!

I want a Windows based tablet to replace my office lappy, :D, because without windows, these tablets are just entertainment devices which most of us use only in the loo, :bleh::rofl:

raksrules said:
Yes that should not be an issue provided they are accepting Indian credit cards or Paypal.

The do not accept tried and failed.They accept only local bank deposits or credit cards
phoenix844884 said:
Like Steve Jobs said, lets see what the copycats do. :)

Great work Apple, another top notch piece of hardware, at amazing prices.

+1 to that i want to see how much noise does the so called xoom will do.

Switch said:
Well more then the ipad2 I was happy to see steve jobs on stage. iPad 2 looks great but I will skip this one and wait for iPad 3 with retina display.
yea, iPad 3 will be like iPhone 4 to iPhone 3GS.

First comes the internal hardware, then comes the outside...

Back