Laptops Apple introduces the Ipad 2!

Metalspree said:
Exzactly saar .Even i bashed up ipad big time when the first one was released but when i used one for 2 days damn i fell in love with it .
Well, I guess we have different stories. I used the ipad for 1 day. Had originally borrowed it for a week but returned it within 24 hours!! :p

Hell, I even used the Galaxy Tab for some time. But I really cannot find these things better or more convenient than my laptop in anyway.

Maybe that has got something to do with my love for Windows and Microsoft!!

And in any case, I don't have the habit of carrying gadgets to the loo... :p

nehaladsul said:
@ Gannu: I know what I am good at but the problem is that i am an idiot... and we have a dearth of those here!!! :bleh:
Fixed for ya :)

/No offense meant

On a related note can you please explain to me how is patriotism only for civilized people? I mean how did you come to the conclusion that uncivilized people aren't patriotic?

i cant help but feel that the 3g ones will be locked to their respective carriers, atleast in the US, where the site lists them as AT&T and Verizon models!

That's coz Verizon is CDMA while ATT is GSM :p

apextwin146 said:
Fixed for ya :)

/No offense meant

On a related note can you please explain to me how is patriotism only for civilized people? I mean how did you come to the conclusion that uncivilized people aren't patriotic?
None Taken...!!! :bleh:

And I don't owe you or anyone any explanation... nor do you deserve one!

BTW, looking at your post, I don't think we have a dearth of Idiots here... Just a dearth of civilized people!

No Offense... :p

red dragon said:
Will skip this,tab is doing enough for me!

Slightly OT: Can you pls tell me what app do you use for Document editing on the Tab??

I need something that is really close to MS Office Word.

superczar said:
That's coz Verizon is CDMA while ATT is GSM :p
Err, I'm well aware of that. What I mean is, the ATT GSM one might not be factory unlocked like the previous ipad. It might be locked like the ATT iphones are. We might have to wait for a jailbreak and unlock solution for every ios upgrade to support carriers other than ATT, whether it's Tmobile for the US or Airtel/Vodafone/others for us!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And this is from the Apple Canada:

"If you decide on an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G, be sure to select the model that corresponds with the carrier you’d like to use for 3G service. The iPad model you purchase is specially configured to work with either Bell, Rogers, or Telus. So while you don’t have to activate 3G service right away, you should choose your iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G according to the carrier you prefer."

All three carriers are GSM and by the looks of it, the ipads will be locked to specific carriers. The iphone 4 however, sells factory unlocked in Canada!

Switch said:
There is no mention of RAM on this thing. One thing which I seriously didn't like about the iPad was amount of RAM. Every time i had more thn 5 tabs open in Atomic web browser there used to a low memory waring forcing me to close the tabs. Hopefully Apple has realized that with the iPad 2 and have upped the RAM to at least 1 GB from 256 MB then that of original iPad cause thats the only thing which dulls the iPad experience.
that's something we will know only on Mar 11.

When the iPad came out last year, I too couldn't see the point of it. Just last month I got my hands on one for a day, and TBH, while it didn't result in a 180 degree turnaround, it did leave a favourable impression as travel computer, perfect for those long, boring journeys between Pune-Goa. Better than a mobile phone, and much lighter than a netbook/notebook.

However, the 3g version is just too bloody expensive, both generations. For a country tremendously lacking in wifi hotspots, its a damn shame. The lack of even a single USB port is also a major downer.

I haven't used an Android tablet yet, so I have nothing to compare it with, but let's just say I'm, coming around to the idea of tablets.

Earlier this morning we published our first impressions on Apple's iPad 2, including analysis on camera quality and a dive into the architecture behind Apple's A5 SoC. Our SoC investigation mostly focused on CPU performance, which we found to be a healthy 50% faster than the A4 in the original iPad - at least in web browsing. We were able to exceed Apple's claim of up to 2x performance increase in some synthetic tests, but even a 50% increase in javascript and web page loading performance isn't anything to be upset about. We briefly touched on the GPU: Imagination Technologies' PowerVR SGX 543MP2. Here Apple is promising up to a 9x increase in performance, but it's something we wanted to investigate.

Apple iPad 2 GPU Performance Explored: PowerVR SGX543MP2 Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

guys i am kinda planning to get the ipad.i am undecided whether to get the ipad 1 now or wait for the ipad 2.any tentative date when its gonna be released here?

vantheman5211 said:
guys i am kinda planning to get the ipad.i am undecided whether to get the ipad 1 now or wait for the ipad 2.any tentative date when its gonna be released here?
29th April 2011 @ 0900 HRS :)

Around Rs. 35k for 16GB Wifi + 3G

Back