Laptops Apple introduces the Ipad 2!

Re: Ipad 2 Out

comp@ddict said:
yea, iPad 3 will be like iPhone 4 to iPhone 3GS.

First comes the internal hardware, then comes the outside...
Thats affirmative .I dont think so the update for iphone 4 a.k.a iphone5 is going to massive.

The following statements are for people already owning a original iPad.

I guess the iPad 2 brings nothing new to the table. Seriously i don't think that we need a faster processor on the iPad 2. The original iPad was fast enough to get things done like surfing or watching a movie on the couch or checking emails which a tablet like this essentially meant for . Also the camera which has been introduced on the back of the iPad 2 is a 1 MP camera which has been conveniently not mentioned by the Apple. Also it does not carry a LED flash. I don't understand how difficult was it to put a flash on the back of the camera.

Apart form the above two changes nothing new is there to look out for. As you can run almost most of the apps on the original iPad. The HDMI kit will work for the iPad/iPod/iPhone 4 but at 720P and not 1080P and will not be mirrored as in will not run apps on the TV but I am sure there would a Jailbreak app available for that once its officially out.

What we actually needed with the iPad 2 was a much better user interface as opposed to what we have seen with iOS 4.3. Honeycomb is way ahead of that interface wise. There is a dull notification system for the iOS. Also lack of live widgets which android has now since a long time. There is a evolutionary change which is needed on the iPad rather then revolutionary which has been forced by the competition.

I would skip iPad 2 and wait for something better to come up in the future. Ofcourse for the first time buyers its a great device. There is nothing closer in terms of apps which are already available for iPad and the competition will have to pull up a miracle to come close to the Apps currently available for iPad, even if they work day and night they still wont be able to match that of iPad by the year end.

So in short if you have a original iPad you can sit and wait for the next gen to comeup cause this one is good but not that good and as for the first time buyers well you should definitely look out for this as this is one of the best gadget which would be out this year.

One more thing:

There is no mention of RAM on this thing. One thing which I seriously didn't like about the iPad was amount of RAM. Every time i had more thn 5 tabs open in Atomic web browser there used to a low memory waring forcing me to close the tabs. Hopefully Apple has realized that with the iPad 2 and have upped the RAM to at least 1 GB from 256 MB then that of original iPad cause thats the only thing which dulls the iPad experience.

Switch said:
The following statements are for people already owing a original iPad.

I guess the iPad 2 brings nothing new to the table. Seriously i don't think that we need a faster processor on the iPad 2. The original iPad was fast enough to get things done like surfing or watching a movie on the couch or checking emails which a tablet like this essentially meant for . Also the camera which has been introduced on the back of the iPad 2 is a 1 MP camera which has been conveniently not mentioned by the Apple. Also it does not carry a LED flash. I don't understand how difficult was it to put a flash on the back of the camera.

Apart form the above two changes nothing new is there to look out for. As you can run almost most of the apps on the original iPad. The HDMI kit will work for the iPad/iPod/iPhone 4 but at 720P and not 1080P and will not be mirrored as in will not run apps on the TV but I am sure there would a Jailbreak app available for that once its officially out.

What we actually needed with the iPad 2 was a much better user interface as opposed to what we have seen with iOS 4.3. Honeycomb is way ahead of that interface wise. There is a dull notification system for the iOS. Also lack of live widgets which android has now since a long time. There is a evolutionary change which is needed on the iPad rather then revolutionary which has been forced by the competition.

I would skip iPad 2 and wait for something better to come up in the future. Ofcourse for the first time buyers its a great device. There is nothing closer in terms of apps which are already available for iPad and the competition will have to pull up a miracle to come close to the Apps currently available for iPad, even if they work day and night they still wont be able to match that of iPad by the year end.

So in short if you have a original iPad you can sit and wait for the next gen to comeup cause this one is good but not that good and as for the first time buyers well you should definitely look out for this as this is one of the best gadget which would be out this year.

One more thing:

There is no mention of RAM on this thing. One thing which I seriously didn't like about the iPad was amount of RAM. Every time i had more thn 5 tabs open in Atomic web browser there used to a low memory waring forcing me to close the tabs. Hopefully Apple has realized that with the iPad 2 and have upped the RAM to at least 1 GB from 256 MB then that of original iPad cause thats the only thing which dulls the iPad experience.
who will get ipad for cheap if this population does not sell? :p

Why isnt anyone excited about the LG OPtimus PAd! It has the perfect screen size of 9" with higher resolution that ipad2. Did i mention its 3d :ashamed:
Bty the 1080p thing is a farce in Ipad2. IT cannot still decode 1080p videos, its can only mirror its native resolution to 1080p on your TV. So the HDMI thing isnt really that usefull if you see it. Though its as slim as a rice cracker now, i wonder if it will available in BBQ flavour at lunch, i mean launch

Lord Nemesis said:
iPad/iPad2 has a resolution of 1024x768, why do you want it reduced to 960 x 640 instead of having it increased.
I believe he means the pixel density being as high as Retina display of Iphone 4 for a iPad, the rumoured resolution for iPad3, 4 times of iPhone 4

madnav said:
i guess im not getting a tablet this year, or ever.
I am wit you. And even if I was threatened to get a tablet, It certainly won't be the ipad or the ipad 2.

The ipads are basically just supersized ipods. What's the point?? Get a netbook if you intend to have serious 'use' of it.

apextwin146 said:
Why isnt anyone excited about the LG OPtimus PAd! It has the perfect screen size of 9" with higher resolution that ipad2. Did i mention its 3d :ashamed:

Bty the 1080p thing is a farce in Ipad2. IT cannot still decode 1080p videos, its can only mirror its native resolution to 1080p on your TV. So the HDMI thing isnt really that usefull if you see it. Though its as slim as a rice cracker now, i wonder if it will available in BBQ flavour at lunch, i mean launch
The answer for ur question is who cares :p.Specs dont matter a lot .Its the experience which matters :).

apextwin146 said:
Because it's LG :bleh:

nehaladsul said:
I am wit you. And even if I was threatened to get a tablet, It certainly won't be the ipad or the ipad 2.

The ipads are basically just supersized ipods. What's the point?? Get a netbook if you intend to have serious 'use' of it.

Seriously guys you need to own one for a week to make a verdict about the current gen tablets. And as Steve Jobs pointed it out iPad is not a PC/Laptop alternate but its a Post PC device which you can use anywhere anytime(as funnily pointed out by banik even in the loo.

Its a lot more then PMP, its a lot more then handheld gaming device, its a lot more then a computer its an awesome experience. And trust me everybody needs one.

nehaladsul said:
LOL clearly shows you haven't used one! Please don't make such blanket statements. Not in technical sections least of all!

I thought iPad was for office working people to carry mobility better than laptops.

SInce when have our executives been using 9 times more graphics than iPad itself(let alone gaming)

Metalspree said:
Sorry i dont have one to sell but getting this one ,but good news there will be one up for sale from Mumbai.
Many people are already behind him :p (or rather her :lol:)

nehaladsul said:

not really the same thing.
Different things are targeted for different users/category. Show an android phone to a novice user and he will probably choose his nokia 5800 over ZTE Blade/Moto Defy. I'm not saying the incident is applicable to everyone but neither is the opposite applicable to everyone.

I'm android fan but that is coz im up for spending time customizing it to my needs and comfort, it can not match UI and optimization of an apple OOB (fragmentation being one reason) but that is not the point to debate. People pay for optimization, UI and external aesthetics too.

Back