Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tearsofjoy::D
First, i think you need to smoke a joint. Or get laid. Or let the PMS symptoms pass.

Next, I think now in 2018, what's going on here and in other countries like the Philippines etc. is the modern era version of dictatorships. It's cleverly engineered to appear to be a democracy but it's far more subtle than traditional dictatorships. And he doesn't have to go full dictator, just enough to retain power by any means necessary. Heck even people in the BJP think he's autocratic.

And if you think that there still is a working justice system in the country, maybe step away from your screen, clear out the tunnel vision, and look around at everything that's going on. The supreme court pretty much has lost all autonomy. Cops were being transferred for upholding the law (when it was BJP people breaking it). No probs if they're nabbing opposition members.

Unlike the BJP and their supporters, who hate Rahul just because, all those with some semblance of sanity who are opposing the BJP is not because they hate them or Modi. It's because what they see going on around the country for the last 3 years disgusts and disturbs them. Far more than during UPA.

There's a lot more i want to add but i realise there is absolutely no point in trying to reason with a person who's already made up his mind.
Then I strongly suggest you to start filing your green card application,but wait Trump is there so you may also need to file proof of all the abuses you have suffered under the hands of Modi govt & Indian justice system so you can be eligible under political refugee asylum quota. Or you can always apply for Italian citizenship as I am sure they will be very sympathetic towards your suffering for resisting the govt that demeans their most prominent citizen in India.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::rolleyes:

P.S. You also need to cut down on your smoking & getting laid every night as too much of everything is also not good.:D:p

The reason the govt hasn't released the exact amount that got returned is because the returned amount exceeds the legal amount :D

Some people made off well after all

The reason the govt hasn't released the exact amount that got returned is because the returned amount exceeds the legal amount :D

Some people made off well after all
I don't know how many people made off well but I personally know MP from guntur and the co operative bank manager who became very very rich after demonitisation. I dont know if its a fringe case or it was the case all around india.

I don't know how many people made off well but I personally know MP from guntur and the co operative bank manager who became very very rich after demonitisation. I dont know if its a fringe case or it was the case all around india.

such things happened all over country.
All black money was converted to white.
Those in authority made huge cuts.

Only the poor people suffered.

And I believe they need to suffer more, lot more.
Until their back starts cracking.
Then only they will stand up against such ridicules.

Some bank managers did get tempted. Notes ban introduced corruption in an area that generally considered as clean.

You'd think any disproportinate assets would be reported though.

Anyway what i said is a speculation that can only be disproved once the govt releases the amount received

Last edited:
I have a couple of assumptions.

The opposition has now collected funds in different denominations, including 2000 notes. The BJP has a (rough) plan and will not hesitate to do anything to win.

What will happen just before the elections? Will they withdraw/demonetise the 2000 notes to fu*k the opposition again? Or will they be too afraid of voter fury?

Btw, i currently don't have a single 2000 note left, and see very few circulating around. Most normal transactions are 500s and 200s.

I have a couple of assumptions.

The opposition has now collected funds in different denominations, including 2000 notes. The BJP has a (rough) plan and will not hesitate to do anything to win.

What will happen just before the elections? Will they withdraw/demonetise the 2000 notes to fu*k the opposition again? Or will they be too afraid of voter fury?

Btw, i currently don't have a single 2000 note left, and see very few circulating around. Most normal transactions are 500s and 200s.

True, its been long I have not seen the 2000 rs note.

Ooh, this is too good......

Ooh, this is too good......

In that case I have some more hypotheses: (please note, these are pulled out of my behind and may be completely off :p)

If they do demonetise the 2000, a small percentage of the opposition voters (1-2%?) may be tempted to switch sides to vote BJP considering them super-honest and un-corrupt to demonetise that too (no matter what the real intentions were)

But they may also lose a small percent of their own voters (~10%?) to the opposition or NOTA, because they've had enough of their demon exercises.

Either way, the opposition would once more be short of hard-collected cash in 2000 notes and screwed again.

I'm ought to believe a theory from my investment banker friend.

Government won't Demonetize the 2000 Note (As per RBI clause, Minimum 10 years it should be in the market unless it is heavily counterfeited)

RBI will slowly withdraw the denomination from the banks to their currency chests and replace the currency with 500 denomination. 1000 rupees denomination is unlikely to hit market, to promote the Cashless thing.

Probably at the end of 2022, 60-70% 2k denomination volume will be called back! Public automatically in the fear of DeMo will start deposit in the banks in mean time, when such Replacement notification from RBI is issued.

I'm ought to believe a theory from my investment banker friend.

Government won't Demonetize the 2000 Note (As per RBI clause, Minimum 10 years it should be in the market unless it is heavily counterfeited)

RBI will slowly withdraw the denomination from the banks to their currency chests and replace the currency with 500 denomination. 1000 rupees denomination is unlikely to hit market, to promote the Cashless thing.

Probably at the end of 2022, 60-70% 2k denomination volume will be called back! Public automatically in the fear of DeMo will start deposit in the banks in mean time, when such Replacement notification from RBI is issued.

This theory is pretty sound. And about the safest way for the govt to get rid of the 2k notes. Only problem is it doesn't stop people (political parties) from hoarding huge amounts of the notes that they do manage to get their hands on. Just keeps it out of circulation for aam aadmi. As long as it's still legal tender, the bjp and the opposition can still use whatever amount they do have in their possession.

They won't do it.

Every time i go to the ATM ?[DOUBLEPOST=1546604361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure but seems like they are planning something before elections..

https://www.pratidintime.com/rbi-scales-down-printing-of-rs-2000-note/
Introducing a 1000 note would be good

After Telangana Assembly Elections finished, I could see some 2k notes. But now it has now disappeared.

Mostly they'll be in abundance after Lok sabha elections. ;)

Zee's Ch***ya chaudhary should track the notes through GPS chip and report its whereabout's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back