Everyone wants to be Gandhi now...

avi said:
So when we are having [GO] of I am Bottle, I need one such cap.

It won't be a [GO]... You'll get the cap FREE and plus some incentive for wearing it and supporting the 'cause'!! Isn't that the way it should go?? :bleh:

Note: It is absolutely not necessary for you to know or understand the 'cause' as long as you support us after being paid!!
sajitsm said:
Is the Gandhi all that great?
^^ It's not about Gandhi being great or not. It's about the so called Gandhians of today not being great!! :lol:

nehaladsul said:
^^ It's not about Gandhi being great or not. It's about the so called Gandhians of today not being great!! :lol:

You need to start at least a dozen more threads on the topic to really drive the point home.

chiron said:
You need to start at least a dozen more threads on the topic to really drive the point home.
Whoever said I am driving the point home?? I am just enjoying the ignorance of people here!! ;)

Bihar said:
Patna, April 21: One of the fasting law students of a university demanding placements is battling for life in the intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital but Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has no time to look into their case, students said Thursday.

'About a dozen students of Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) have undertaken indefinite fast since Monday demanding immediate placement,' said Sushant Kumar, a striking student.

'But neither Nitish Kumar nor Bihar's Human Resource Development Minister P.K. Sahi have shown any interest in us,' he added.

Another striking student, Paritosh Lall, said the indefinite fast continued for the fourth day Thursday but nothing is bothering the state government.

'We are not asking for the moon. With no trace of placement for us, our future is at stake, but neither the university authorities nor the state government are bothered,' he told IANS.

He said Vijay Kumar, a fifth year student of the CNLU, has been battling for his life in the ICU of a private hospital here after his condition deteriorated Wednesday.

Striking students sitting on fast with placards that read 'we want placement, we want to meet chief minister' and 'Investment Rs.100 crore, result 80 unemployed', are not in a mood to give up their Gandhian mode of fight.

Some of them also raised slogans, demanding resignation of the university's vice chancellor and registrar.

The striking students said they took this extreme step after meeting the chief minister in his Janata Darbar April 11 when they put their demand before him.

An angry striking student said none but the chief minister was responsible for spoiling their career as there is hardly any faculty nor any other facility in the university, considered to be the brainchild of Nitish Kumar himself.

However, CNLU vice chancellor A.Lakshminath said all law universities face placement problems during their first few years.

Neha,

This is the problem with having 14 National Law Universities, churning out 1500 Law grads every year + the LLM grads, the number is faar too much, also put in the fact that the CNLU is in Patna (no offense) , you are in a concoction of Lack of laculty, lack of Recognition and most of all lack of recruiters. I remember HNLU having the same problem a while back. There are now talks about a 15th !! Law University in SHILLONG !! Don't we have enough already ? And Mr.Moily still thinks all NLU Grads will get into litigation WTH ! About time he stopped experimenting with this brouhaha.

Protests like what's happening in Patna is only going to shoo away recruiters than to bring them, It is not the job of the NLU to get recruiters in the college, its is a temple of knowledge (YES!) So I don't see anything wrong in CNLU not being a recruitment/HR hub. It is their job to teach (which needs to be improved) and they are doing that.

PS : Now I don't really know why I'm writing CLAT :|

Just my 2 cents.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
Whoever said I am driving the point home?? I am just enjoying the ignorance of people here!! ;)
Did not really expect you to be so naive man :|

nehaladsul said:
I just love the way threads flow on TE... Especially in GT! :p

In any case, I have nothing to do with the Ramdev morality. I only view the issues as legal/illegal or constitutional/unconstitutional.

But I would like to state that Ramdev is no Gandhi just as I had previously stated that Hazare is no Gandhi!! * :lol:

* And that is the reason for bringing both the issues on the same page. Even the fasting Law students are not Gandhi!!!

the word I was looking for was 'trivialize'. instead i wrote 'blandly' :p

and btw Gandhi is way too overrated. leave him alone guys. :eek:hyeah:
IMO neither one should be like gandhi nor will it work :ashamed:
_

l33t said:
Did not really expect you to be so naive man :|

What's being naive in it?? No educational course can guarantee a job. Placement guarantees given by institutions are gimmicks to lure the students. Does that mean you are going to stop studying/educating yourself altogether??

As far as enjoying the ignorance of the people is concerned, I was talking about the ignorance of the people here on TE who make points and fight to death for anyone and anything without knowing the real story. And even if they do know the real story, they just act as if it never happened!! :lol:

And I am not talking about the ones who make valid points; just the others who enjoy internet anonymity to the fullest!! :no:
DigitalDude said:
the word I was looking for was 'trivialize'. instead i wrote 'blandly' :p

and btw Gandhi is way too overrated. leave him alone guys. :eek:hyeah:

IMO neither one should be like gandhi nor will it work :ashamed:
Gandhi might have been overrated... But these people attempting to mimic him are super overrated, for sure!! :D

nehaladsul said:
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I too am not impressed with all this show of 'Gandhigiri' in the country, I still think what you said is not a nice thing to say. People have their opinions, but passing a blanket judgement is not something which I would do personally.

agantuk said:
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I too am not impressed with all this show of 'Gandhigiri' in the country, I still think what you said is not a nice thing to say. People have their opinions, but passing a blanket judgement is not something which I would do personally.
You are correct. But passing a blanket judgement is better than trying to explain things to ignorant people and then getting bashed up by their ignorant remarks!! :p

If a person is in the dark, you can show him the light. But if a person shuts his eyes tight in daytime and claims that it is dark, you cannot bring him to light. And nor should you try. ;)

l33t said:
What is the point of posting this thread then ? (No offense)

None Taken...
Firstly, I like the Shambu avatar. :clap:

Secondly, the thread is for anyone to take anything. My point: Gandhi no longer exists and all others trying to be him are fools. And that is pretty evident from the thread title...

If the ignorant still fool around, I enjoy myself!! :D

^^^ see just because someone fasts (or dresses like him etc) why should we associate him with gandhi ? and assume that they want to be gandhi ? that is a mistake in our perspective.

unless and otherwise they openly claim to be gandhi, let them do whatever, it is cool ;)

it is a very natural reaction from our childhood days.. if we don't get what we want, we throw up tantrums and will refuse to eat. fast unto death is just a polished version of our childhood behaviour :bleh:

_

chiron said:
At least nobody wants to be Jesus today.
That's only coz being Jesus in India will not give enough publicity. The only support might come from Christians...

Had it been so that trying to be Jesus would have developed enormous publicity and raked in money, people would have done that as well.

Neway, let's not get into religious talks. I am highly irreligious (off paper) but I am secular all the same and if I have said anything above that hurts anyone's religious feelings, please let me know. I'll tender an unconditional apology.

:)

Fasting doesnt mean they are gandhi wannabees. They are trying to put accross their point. Trying to make politicians turn around and hear their voice.

Its not easy to fast. Try fasting just one day and you will come to know.

Its a good thing that they are doing.

Back