File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ggt said:
Why would anyone want to watch a crappy print of a crappy movie?

cr@ppy print wow hold off wait for 2 days there will be decent print and yeah there is another reason i dont want to spend $19 for this crappy movie . D/L is fine if its not worth watching i can delete it any time :p

got hold of crappy print for which the order was taken :eek:hyeah:

i followed the court order and i downloaded it regardless of my choice of watching it :p

Hey guys,

I am Reliance Wireline Broadband and none of these file-sharing sites (Fileserve, Hotfile, Filesonic, Wupload, Rapidshare, Megaupload etc) are opening for me. I'm pretty sure the ISP has blocked them. Is there anything I can do to bypass this restriction? Will changing the DNS to Google DNS or Open DNS solve it? Could anyone please tell me how to do that?

Replace them in your connection properties, IPV4 and reconfigure them to default google dns.
Reliance would know about so you will have to search more deep to get hold of some other dns address.

Most sites not working on MTNL as of now..!

Anyone facing the same problem..?

Even Bittorrent sites aren't working..!

sahilshah1987 said:
Why dont you guys use Google dns servers?

For one, the Google DNS cannot resolve the Reliance authentication servers that we need to connect to every 24 hours to relogin. Even connecting throw the IP doesn't work unless you have their ISP DNS configured. To use these sites we'd have to keep changing DNS servers every day. That's just annoying. And we shouldn't have to, this is outright stupidity by the ISPs.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well the sites seem to be unblocked again on reliance.

I saw how they block the sites. They're using a proxy server inbetween our connection and web. And they block sites using a group policy. So cant do anything about this.

SO lame. If you view the source of the blank page or page with site blocked written in it, you can see address of proxy server and blocking app (Netsweeper) used. And if you paste that address in bar, the proxy application login page open up. :lol:

I get this chennai proxy from mumbai. which one do you guys get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back