SSDwill buy later0
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5000
Keyboard Mouse ComboLogitech Gaming Combo G1002000
MonitorDell ST2220L8500
HeadsetOzone Attack1700
SpeakersNA0
Total*68450

Price Update: 25-8-2012
*approximate prices, if found wrong, please correct me...

so, if weight on cpu+mobo is not going to have any adverse effect on any components, i will go for Thermalright Silver Arrow !!!

for smps, can overclocked CPU+ 1graphics card(OCed) be handled by Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 ?

Do not worry, until and unless you really screw-up while setting the thing up yourself there should be no problems.

The Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 will do great with that setup. Fret not.

excellent config ampdr1 ...... May the Force be with you

errr... Now how do you re-edit the "title" of this thread :) to "Gaming PC for 95K" ..... after adding the GPU + SSD..... Dammit, why are the prices soo bloomin high

Disagree , who knows ampdr1 sir might be a millionaire :p

no harry, i am not a millionaire, btw to get this config i should have been one !!!

i am cutting down on all other "luxury" to meet this budget!

excellent config ampdr1 ...... May the Force be with you

errr... Now how do you re-edit the "title" of this thread :) to "Gaming PC for 95K" ..... after adding the GPU + SSD..... Dammit, why are the prices soo bloomin high

90-95k title cud have made me fearful ! it is true that total budget might go up to 90-95k... so i mentioned "+" at the end of 50k suggesting that i might increase my budget...

as i mentioned earlier i will be buying in 2 phases, first one where all necessary components r bought and in second will go for additional upgrades... in first i can extend the budget up to 60k max...

i will have to rely on iGPU for some time before buying a discrete graphics card... i think tht will be enough to run windows 7/8 and games at low settings...

still the prices esp. for mobo are a bit on high side... i find it odd tht i will be paying more for mobo than cpu!

for gpu i am considering "SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphic Card", hope this should be more than enough for all the needs with iGPU...

no harry, i am not a millionaire, btw to get this config i should have been one !!!

i am cutting down on all other "luxury" to meet this budget!

Was a joke sir , not to be taken seriously . Many here compromise on many things to get a good PC . Am being told by friends in this budget I can get a huge android phone , a decent laptop , and still save some money . And frankly for generally it does make sense , many sensible buys can be made for one single thing but ....

First I also thought about paying more for the mobo and cpu . According to my current config in mind , 3570 k + maximus v = 30+ k .
One thinking came in my mind was go for a 3770k and got for a asrock z77 .
But then think of it as things , motherboard is mother board for a reason , you connect everything to it .
It delivers clean power to the CPU , etc . Also in case one day you need good audio , consider u got asrock z77 , then you will add a sound card and stuff . Add more money to that .
Better motherboard has more overclocking potential . Better motherboard can help you identiy errors in your hardware which might otherwise take hours for an untrained person .
Here am comparing asrock z77 extreme4 to asus v gene .
Asus v Gene has one of the best onboard audio specially if you are a gamer or see bluray . I was really impressed with the audio in this board . Awesome is the word . See reviews .
Intel lan port which is one of the best out there , others have some other chipsets .
The greatest thing is asus gene has a lot of community and company support .

If you want a cheaper alternative , go for the Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 , its a good motherboard , priced very very nicely .
Just that if you will go for a crossfire or an sli in future , dont go for it . Otherwise for a single GPU setup , its an awesome motherboard for its price .
Abroad its price the same asus v gene . Here it is available for 11k and v gene for more .
4-5 k difference here , while again abroad its the same .

Do have a look at it once , you will surely choose it over the asrock z77 e4 which most people are going for I dont understand why when you spend 500 bucks more and get a much much better board .
May be they dont know it is available here . This board has a nice audio chip and intel lan and what not .
If I did have an sli in mind , which now I think isnt that sensible sometimes , better to buy another card in 3-4 years then go for a sli .
But still I like that gene mobo . So I made a compromise on the cpu , ditched the i7 and got the i5 . Who knows I ll regret it later , when more cores come out and games use more cores , that hyperthreading might come into use . But what the heck , dekha jayega , i5 is no cry baby , lol .

Wait sometime , hopefully the 7850 will get price cuts , the hd 4000 has good graphics for basic gaming , so manage with it for sometime . Now this is wishful thinking , not sure the dealers her e would implement the price cut . But this is an awesome card in its own right , have seen many reviews , beautiful card .

Best of luck .

Was a joke sir , not to be taken seriously . .....
Best of luck .

its ok harry... :)

u r friend's views are also considerable...

sometimes i do think why should we invest so much in desktops when everyone is shifting from

desktop->notebooks->laptops->smartphones->android phones-> and now tablet PCs ???
there were also some articles predicting "Death of Desktop is nearer"

desktop sure take most space compared to rest... they cannot be moved from one place to another tht easily...
they consume more power than rest.....

but, if we r considering for mainly gaming (as in this case) + other general purpose...
desktop will always have unbeaten performance considering other devices (except for gaming consoles)+ less price.....

also, we have many options to choose from.... cpu+ram+mobo and so on...
in laptops or branded pc's we don't have much choice and can't upgrade easily... at least for a noob like me!

i think, desktop will be more or less acts as primary machine and rest as secondary.... PC can be used by single or multiple members of the family.... though this might change with tablet PCs getting more powerful and cheaper....

laptops, android based tablet PC's are more personal and can be excellent replacement for average PC usage, reading e-books, checking mail, FB, IM... if 3G gets more affordable and accessible!

as far as, V gene mobo, i was opting for ASUS P8Z77-V/V-PRO but, V gene has more overclocking+gaming performance (pls correct me if i am wrong!) than latter.... so i am considering V gene (is G1.Sniper M3 has better performance over V gene or is it just cheaper than it with a bit less performance?) not considering asrock at all at the moment....

many reviews and our TE members also suggest i5-3570k over 3770k for mid range gaming rig... 3770k will overshoot the budget by large margin... is it worth it, i doubt?
about gpu, it is too early to decide anything, who knows if something better comes after few months? as i will buy it in next phase i am not concerned about it now though if budget permits, i will settle for the "Sapphire HD 7850 2GB Dual Fan "

thanks for wishes, same to all of us !!!
:)

@ampdr1

Sir , about the motherboard .
Gene is asus 's gaming mobo , sniper is gigabyte's gaming mobo . But the thing with gigabyte is it always has short comings somewhere or the other , its layout of PCI slots is not so good . Sata slots mixed and stuff , see youtube reviews . But still people find it useful for a single gpu and lesser hdd solution . You can also look at m - pro , it has very good layouts .
That I disliked . But its a budget thing , go for sniper if less budget , go for gene if you can , trust me after a lot of mobo reviews , v , v pro , m - pro , etc . Gene stands out .
But if you are not really hell bent on overclocking and gaming that much . You can go for V pro , it has advantage of 2.4 Ghz wifi inbuilt and other things . I have read even people interested in moderate gaming going for v pro because it has other added advantages . But gene has its own , it suits what I like , If I want wi fi and all , I will buy a router ! .
Also if you see , the gene has a lot of support , is very well planned motherboard . But gene z77 has had problems sometimes , its not as reliable as z68 gene was , see reviews , but thats ok as long as asus supports its rma policy . But v pro has its own advantages , its a personal choice , no use going for the V version , not worth it .
Our friend @cyberwarfare can tell you the advantages of going for a gene like gaming mobo rather than a normal mobo .He knows much more than me about this .

i7 is very useful for people who can use the extra threading specially photoshop , video editing , etc kinda guys , for them the extra money is ok because its worth for them , for us , nope ! .
The price difference is too much to recommend the i7 . But even on our forums guys have gone for i7 3770k more than 3570k , infact seen only one guy going for 3570k , more for 3770k .
Its again a personal choice .

Last edited by a moderator:
ampdr1

about the motherboard .
Gene is asus 's gaming mobo , sniper is gigabyte's gaming mobo .
But even on our forums guys have gone for i7 3770k more than 3570k , infact seen only one guy going for 3570k , more for 3770k .
Its again a personal choice .

i might be obsessed by ASUS by now, coz i am not looking beyond it... anyways... i do not find gigbyte mobo very impressive compared to ASUS or even ASRock... even the colors combinations they used seem to be odd while i liked ASrock and even Intel for tht matter... though physical appearance cannot be of much importance and performance should be considered ... on tht ground GENE should not be disappointing ... else i might be considering about other options... are there any left?

about, V-PRO i did not like built in wireless router simply coz if i want to use it i have to keep running whole machine even when i needed for my other devices... instead i would also invest in external router, if at all i needed in future... as u mentioned so tht i can use it even when my system is not running, i do not wish to run it for more than 4-8 hours a day :)

if i had not been on such a shoe-string budget, i would have opted for i7-3770k as well, but i am not going to do photoshop or video editing... so it would have been an overkill CPU for most of my needs, for now.... i5-3570k is what i think where budget and performance are both balanced... 7k difference is huge....

i might be obsessed by ASUS by now, coz i am not looking beyond it... anyways... i do not find gigbyte mobo very impressive compared to ASUS or even ASRock... even the colors combinations they used seem to be odd while i liked ASrock and even Intel for tht matter... though physical appearance cannot be of much importance and performance should be considered ... on tht ground GENE should not be disappointing ... else i might be considering about other options... are there any left?

about, V-PRO i did not like built in wireless router simply coz if i want to use it i have to keep running whole machine even when i needed for my other devices... instead i would also invest in external router, if at all i needed in future... as u mentioned so tht i can use it even when my system is not running, i do not wish to run it for more than 4-8 hours a day :)

if i had not been on such a shoe-string budget, i would have opted for i7-3770k as well, but i am not going to do photoshop or video editing... so it would have been an overkill CPU for most of my needs, for now.... i5-3570k is what i think where budget and performance are both balanced... 7k difference is huge....

My opinion is the i5 is enough for us at the moment , i might be dreaming but for the me next big thing in computing is not so far , the 4k resolution , OLED screens and highly efficient processors with 6-6+ cores as the size is shrinking , etc . Improved 3D and many things . 4-5 years and things will be totally different , new kinds of power supplies .
After reading since months about computer and mobile hardware I have realized a thing , if you got a lot of money , dont care spend , but if you dont . Then it makes sense to go for things that do the job currently and again buy something new when it reaches its limits . Instead of buying everything that costs a bomb , it will still be outdated , not sooner but a bit later but it will reach its end , it makes sense to spend in sensible limits so you are not too stuck with the current system .
As you said we are not millionaires , once we spend this amount of money , we cant throw away the system so easily , we will be stuck with it for a long time . Now the more we spend the more we are morally obliged to not spend again soon , wait till it is no longer able to cope up at all . On the other hand if we spend sensibly and save some cash now , atleast we will know that we spent smartly and dont feel so " GUILTY " while upgrading later .
We are still spending much more than an average everyday user would spend on a PC , but as you said , like you compromised on other luxuries ! .

KHX2133C11D3T1K2_8GX.pdf

SPECIFICATIONS
CL(IDD) 9 cycles
Row Cycle Time (tRCmin) 49.5ns (min.)
Refresh to Active/Refresh 160ns (min.)
Command Time (tRFCmin)
Row Active Time (tRASmin) 36ns (min.)
Maximum Operating Power 2.400 W* (per module)
UL Rating 94 V - 0
Operating Temperature 0o C to 85o C
Storage Temperature -55o C to +100o C
*Power will vary depending on the SDRAM used.
FEATURES
• JEDEC standard 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V) Power Supply
• VDDQ = 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V)
• 667MHz fCK for 1333Mb/sec/pin
• 8 independent internal bank
• Programmable CAS Latency: 9, 8, 7, 6
• Posted CAS
• Programmable Additive Latency: 0, CL - 2, or CL - 1 clock
• Programmable CAS Write Latency(CWL) = 7 (DDR3-1333)
• 8-bit pre-fetch
• Burst Length: 8 (Interleave without any limit, sequential with
starting address “000” only), 4 with tCCD = 4 which does not
allow seamless read or write [either on the fly using A12 or
MRS]
• Bi-directional Differential Data Strobe
• Internal(self) calibration : Internal self calibration through ZQ
pin (RZQ : 240 ohm ± 1%)
• On Die Termination using ODT pin
• Average Refresh Period 7.8us at lower than TCASE 85°C,
3.9us at 85°C < TCASE < 95°C
• Asynchronous Reset
• PCB : Height 2.401” (61.00mm) w/ heat spreader,
double sided component

hiii apmdr1 have you bought the rig or waiting for something to release ?
I have bought a similar rig in the past now waiting for the phase 2( GPU + BD ROM)

so now RAM confusion solved !!! :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

what about SSD, Monitor, Optical drive price and finally comfort Headset ? :1ign13:

:signthankspin:

Here you go!

RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu (1600Mhz 2x4GB)
Optical drive - LG preferably
Headset - Sennheiser PC 360
SSD - Kingston HyperX 3K (90GB)

Cheers!

harry_houdini , ALPHA17

Hi Harry, Alpha17

Finally, i have bought Benq G2420HD monitor... :)

it already had DVD-D cable + VGA cable !!!

looked like like a beast at first, as i am used to 15" screen of CRT monitor... :p

getting used to it...

other components still pending !!!

what shall i do? shall i go for locked processor or get 3770k and buy gpu later?

ProcessorIntel i5 3570K14000
MotherboardAsus Maximus V GENE15100
RAMGskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL2900
CPU Cooler
Thermalright Silver Arrow3738
HDDSeagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB4500
Optical DriveHP [boxed] optical drive1000
Power SupplyCooler Master Silent Pro M7007650
GPUwill buy later0
SSDwill buy later0
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5000
Keyboard Mouse ComboLogitech Gaming Combo G1002000
MonitorBenq G2420HD10000
HeadsetOzone Attack1700
SpeakersNA0
Total*67638

Price Update: 20-10-2012
*approximate prices, if found wrong, please correct me...

ampdr1: Couple of updates for you. I had purchased my new build on 13th October from Prime ABGB Mumbai and price for 2 items from your list were lower.
Intel i5 3570K 14000
Asus Maximus V Gene 15150

Dear Alpha

I also planning to assemble pc and buget is around 50k
and my confirmation is Processor: intel i5 3450/ or 3550 or 3570
Mother Board DH77KC
RAM Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR
pOWER SUPPLY Corsair CX500V2
Cabinet Cooler Master 371
Hard Disk Seagate 500 gb SATA Barraquada
DVD Writer HP 1260i or HP 1270 i or someother one.

kindly suggest.

Dear Alpha

I also planning to assemble pc and buget is around 50k
and my confirmation is Processor: intel i5 3450/ or 3550 or 3570
Mother Board DH77KC
RAM Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR
pOWER SUPPLY Corsair CX500V2
Cabinet Cooler Master 371
Hard Disk Seagate 500 gb SATA Barraquada
DVD Writer HP 1260i or HP 1270 i or someother one.

kindly suggest.

Start a fresh thread with all details under this template --> http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/template-what-should-i-buy-73107/p2/#post839513.

And welcome to TE have a pleasant stay.Cheerio!

Back