Budget 41-50k Gaming PC for 50K+

i am not opting for WD HDD, i just saw this "Seagate 2TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM Green" there is difference of 2k between 500GB and 2TB, don't about 1TB drive, so i selected this one... i will be choosing from seagate only...

for monitor, i completely agree with you so have not finalize on it yet though E2220HD looks good on features, the only cons are power consumption and 5ms response time...

Am very sorry , when i was reading the table again , in a hurry I just saw the word " green " . That made me think it was a WD green , that messed it i guess .

i don't know about dell, but i have not seen anywhere tht they have mention HDMI 1.3... so don't know about it...
where did u come to know about it?

E2220HD looks good on features, the only cons are power consumption and 5ms response time.

I tried but all I get is that the it has an HDMI-IN connector, will keep sniffing and will notify if something interesting turns up.

The BenQ monitor is not bad at all and as far as the service is considered they were snappy in Bangalore. 5ms response time is pretty good, even my 20' acer monitor is great for gaming and viewing movies with such average grey -->grey shift times.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

good afternoon all,

recently, i saw some mixed reactions about H100, about its noise levels and pump failure, so am rethinking about CPU cooler, it seems now that passive CPU cooler will be better option...

i was first suggested cooler master hyper evo, so any suggestions for i5-3570k in passive air-cooling....

also, if i don't opt for hydro series i will consider for NZXT cabinet since i was opting for carbide series for its provision to house H100 cooler at ease... i find NZXT front panel shape a bit odd else there is np, i will be opting for ripjaws so height of heat spreader of RAM should not be an issue...

:1ign13:

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I tried but all I get is that the it has an HDMI-IN connector, will keep sniffing and will notify if something interesting turns up.

i think if a monitor has HDMI 1.3 it will have at least headphone-jack and/or built-in speakers considering features of HDMI 1.3....

recently, i saw some mixed reactions about H100, about its noise levels and pump failure, so am rethinking about CPU cooler, it seems now that passive CPU cooler will be better option...

i was first suggested cooler master hyper evo, so any suggestions for i5-3570k in passive air-cooling.

i think if a monitor has HDMI 1.3 it will have at least headphone-jack and/or built-in speakers considering features of HDMI 1.3.

Passive cooling will require the heat-sinks to be absolutely massive to transport the amount of heat a modern processor generates, in-fact it is not at all recommended that you over-clock your processor on a passive solutions. These are your options when it comes to silent cooling --
Cooler Master Hyper Z600
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4100/-

NZXT Tempest EVO is the best when it comes to airflow in the sub-7000/- price range and I like its subtle and sober design.

You can also look at the following cabinets --
Cooler Master STORM Enforcer ~6500/-
Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC ~3700/- [source from these guys -- XTREME GRAFIX | Where Indian Gaming Is Rendered]

Not necessarily it is upto the company / OEM to include that feature OR not.

Passive cooling will require the heat-sinks to be absolutely massive to transport the amount of heat a modern processor generates, in-fact it is not at all recommended that you over-clock your processor on a passive solutions. These are your options when it comes to silent cooling --
Cooler Master Hyper Z600
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-

NZXT Tempest EVO is the best when it comes to airflow in the sub-7000/- price range and I like its subtle and sober design.

You can also look at the following cabinets --
Cooler Master STORM Enforcer ~6500/-
Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC ~3700/- [source from these guys -- XTREME GRAFIX | Where Indian Gaming Is Rendered]

Not necessarily it is upto the company / OEM to include that feature OR not.

even i liked temptest evo design very much... :happy26: :happy26: :happy26:
so are these sufficient for i5-3570k???
Cooler Master Hyper Z600
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-

even i liked temptest evo design very much... :happy26: :happy26: :happy26:
so are these sufficient for i5-3570k???
Cooler Master Hyper Z600
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-

The Z600 is a passive cooling design, so it can take the heat but just to be on the safe side go for the Noctua / Thermalright heat-sink's as they come with fans which are pretty quiet on stock settings. Also I am not sure if the Z600 is commonly available in our country.

The Z600 is a passive cooling design, so it can take the heat but just to be on the safe side go for the Noctua / Thermalright heat-sink's as they come with fans which are pretty quiet on stock settings. Also I am not sure if the Z600 is commonly available in our country.

thanks for helping out....
at first i was looking for CM hyper EVO 212 but now will decide either
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
OR

:1ign2321318:

@ampdr1 your prices are well within line, just that the Core i5 can be expensive.

For your headphones, you have the following options --
Ozone Attack ~1700/- OR Snow edition ~1800/-
Ozone Spark ~2100/-

Last edited by a moderator:
ampdr1 your prices are well within line, just that the Core i5 can be expensive.

For your headphones, you have the following options --
Ozone Attack ~1700/- OR Snow edition ~1800/-
Ozone Spark ~2100/-

thanks for helping out on headphones, i did goof up for ram price, i mentioned price for 8GB and wrote just 4GB... it has been corrected, Gskill 2x4GB RAM for 3600/- approx is what i meant...

It is inane.

I think I will list CPU cooling devices separately, just like what I have done with the gaming mice / mous-emats + keyboards etc.
...RAM modules will be repackaged and give a price bump advertising 'premium' performance with these.....

Hope this clears your doubts, Cheerio!

Did you buy your RIG yet OR not?

not yet, but will go for it... as i5-3570k prices seemed to cool down to ~15k
so, CPU+mobo+RAM+Cabinet+Keyboard/mice combo r finalized...

about SMPS: Corsair TX v2 850W OR Cooler Master Silent Pro M700... they have nearly same price except latter is modular...

monitor-> will settle for Dell ST2220L, Dell ST2420L will be too big and expensive...

still can't decide on CPU cooler.... Thermalright or H100

about SMPS: Corsair TX v2 850W OR Cooler Master Silent Pro M700... they have nearly same price except latter is modular.

As long as you are not planning on going for a multi-GPU setup I think the Cooler Master M700 is all you should consider, in-fact upto dual GTX 670 / HD7870 the SMPS should be sufficient though over-clocking would be curtailed thanks to such loads.

For the cooler I say go for the Thermalright Silver Arrow and be done with this.

How come nh d14 gone so expensive.I remember i bought it last year around 4 to 4.5k.I was looking for down model but it wasn't available.

Anyways ampdr1,once you are ready to buy your model.DO send a message may be i too can join in and buy cpu,ram,mobo and gfx card together.
Though i might go for gigagbyte spider model mobo but still i guess buying together we might get some dicsuont in prices.Also 3 chaps more add we get bargain a bit more i feel.

And as we going to buy this expensive models its better to stick with prime abgb and itwares shops.They cater to niche sectors.Whereas others are mainly busy on margin and selling quantity product.If they seea hardware engineer buying 10 mouse from the shop and you buying a 10k cpu they give time to hardware engineer because he will come back whereas the cpu guy is once in couple of year type customer.

Yeah the prices have shot up ridiculously as NH D14 was priced at 4.5k and now it's 5.7k if that's the case then it's better to stick with Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.8k which is priced almost half and it's performance is neck to neck with D14.
How come nh d14 gone so expensive.I remember i bought it last year around 4 to 4.5k.I was looking for down model but it wasn't available.

Anyways ampdr1,once you are ready to buy your model.DO send a message may be i too can join in and buy cpu,ram,mobo and gfx card together.
Though i might go for gigagbyte spider model mobo but still i guess buying together we might get some dicsuont in prices.Also 3 chaps more add we get bargain a bit more i feel.

And as we going to buy this expensive models its better to stick with prime abgb and itwares shops.They cater to niche sectors.Whereas others are mainly busy on margin and selling quantity product.If they seea hardware engineer buying 10 mouse from the shop and you buying a 10k cpu they give time to hardware engineer because he will come back whereas the cpu guy is once in couple of year type customer.

As long as you are not planning on going for a multi-GPU setup I think the Cooler Master M700 is all you should consider, in-fact upto dual GTX 670 / HD7870 the SMPS should be sufficient though over-clocking would be curtailed thanks to such loads.

For the cooler I say go for the Thermalright Silver Arrow and be done with this.

thanks ALPHA17 !!!

i totally agree with your one GPU setup (there is already one more on cpu so it will be already multi-gpu!!!), multi-GPU is a remote possibility for me, i just want to make sure i don't have to upgrade smps just for adding another card (if i ever change my mind and opt for SLI/Crossfire) in future... specs of Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 suggest tht it can take upto 840W... so will it be sufficient for SLI/crossfire and overclocking?

about passive cooler, they seem to be very heavy on the mobo and cpu... will tht much weight can be sustained by cpu,mobo without any damage ? if it does not affect cpu,mobo or cabinet and else, i will be very pleased to set up.... H100 seems to be very expensive if this "heavy spec" is ignored...

if i go for Thermalright Silver Arrow, will save another 3k!

totally agree with your one GPU setup (there is already one more on cpu so it will be already multi-gpu!!!), multi-GPU is a remote possibility for me, i just want to make sure i don't have to upgrade smps just for adding another card (if i ever change my mind and opt for SLI/Crossfire) in future... specs of Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 suggest tht it can take upto 840W... so will it be sufficient for SLI/crossfire and overclocking?

if i go for Thermalright Silver Arrow, will save another 3k!

The Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 will be good but it will not be sufficient for a multi-GPU setup + over-clocking everything [processor + graphics card]. I suggest it because it will give you reserves for over-clocking the system as well as maintaining a decent multi-GPU setup [say AMD HD7870 2GB x2 with mild over-clocks on both]. As I have already warned and posted my misgivings of a multi-GPU setup I will not repeat myself.

If you are over-clocking I highly disagree with a passive cooling setup, expensive and requires a very good airflow inside the cabinet to dump excess heat; the lack of this causes temperatures to increase and not just the processor, every thing will heat up thanks to a massive heat-sink trying to radiate heat in an already hot system (ambient temperatures).

Seriously just get the Thermalright Silver Arrow, set-it up your self at home, follow some installation video if you find the task very daunting; it might take ~3 -->4 hours to get the whole process done on the first go but the satisfaction of DIY + the experience gained will outweigh everything.

Seriously just get the Thermalright Silver Arrow, set-it up your self at home, follow some installation video if you find the task very daunting; it might take ~3 -->4 hours to get the whole process done on the first go but the satisfaction of DIY + the experience gained will outweigh everything.

ohh no, i just made another goof-up! by passive cooling setup what i intended was air cooled (thought water cooled to be active setup)... (not completely fanless setup, i won't dare to run even locked CPU with fanless heatsink! )

so, if weight on cpu+mobo is not going to have any adverse effect on any components, i will go for Thermalright Silver Arrow !!!

i did use power calculator of CM and chose 2x7970 + many components and found around 796W !!!
for smps, can overclocked CPU+ 1graphics card(OCed) be handled by Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 ?

Back