Budget 41-50k Gaming PC for 50K+

MotherboardAsus P8Z77-V10500

are you sure 10500/- ????

no, unfortunately it is not !!! :(

i have tried to update the prices in this post:
have a look and please update if there are any changes :)

i5-3570k and the mobo are "out of stock" at some places and "yet to be launched" at most places....
lets hope they become available with major price drop... :facepalm:

at what price they are available now???

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V LE

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V LE PLUS

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V GENE

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V Formula

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V Extreme

any of these available in Mumbai?
what does it mean by "Extended ATX Form Factor" ???
1ign13.gif

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V LE

ASUS Z77 P8Z77-V LE PLUS

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V GENE

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V Formula

ASUS Z77 MAXIMUS V Extreme

any of these available in Mumbai?

what does it mean by "Extended ATX Form Factor" ?

Extended-ATX is the next form-factor for motherboards after full-ATX, it has a elder sibling in X-ATX form factor.

For more on motherboard form factors -- ATX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Depending on where you source these motherboards [flipkart, Prime ABGB, The IT Lounge] the prices will vary a lot. Here is the Prime ABGB page for these motherboards --
Asus Motherboard in India | Buy Asus Motherboard Online at cheap Price [it lists most of the motherboards in your list].
http://www.flipkart.com/browse/computers/components/motherboard-20213?filter=brand_fa%3AASUS%3E%3Echipset_north_bridge_fa%3AIntel+Z77&ref=b3ae8fbc-528a-463d-b608-5a316d4d4909

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

ALPHA17, harry_houdini

when 3rd Gen Intel CPUs were launched, it was believed that prices will be little bit more than their counterparts... such as 2500k v/s 3570k will have mere 2-3k price difference....
but after its launch and few months, new CPUs are either "out of stock" or very expensive (spl. i5-3570k !!!)

just found on ASUS page, WIndows 8 ready ???!!!!!
also, mobo prices are very high (3570k+ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO will cost around 34k together!!!)... is it right time to get these or still wait till prices drop?

also, mobo prices are very high (3570k+ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO will cost around 34k together!!!)... is it right time to get these or still wait till prices drop?

Seriously I don't know what to say man, I am drafting updated buying guides this is a real PITA, I think I will have to advise people to get older Sandy-Bridge chips for now if they want to enjoy over-clocking the Intel offerings.

ALPHA17, harry_houdini

when 3rd Gen Intel CPUs were launched, it was believed that prices will be little bit more than their counterparts... such as 2500k v/s 3570k will have mere 2-3k price difference....
but after its launch and few months, new CPUs are either "out of stock" or very expensive (spl. i5-3570k !!!)

Strangely I did not get a notification of the tag here .
Well I cant give you a technical reply to that , ALPHA17 is much more educated than me in that matter , but from a simple point of view , I cant really explain the higher prices and lack of availability here , in most countries , it is readily available , not much highly priced compared to the Sandy counterparts . So what's the problem with India ? . Either some clash between the Indian distributor and Intel or the Indian distributor is fooling us or some other reason , can't really come to a conclusion without knowing whats going on behind the scenes .

Frankly about the question of waiting , that depends on you . If you can wait , why not you know , I dont think they ll price more than what they are pricing now , or it will be madness .
But it depends on you , for me , I am waiting and waiting for kinda eternity now , and I feel tired , but still trying . A guy I read got his 2500k at 11.5 k ( lowest I read in any forum ) . So i was optimistic that max it would be 13k-13.5k for the ivy . But the mad pricing has upset everything I had planned and now I have to reconsider everything . But thats how it is , things are unpredictable .

But still I would recommend ivy over sandy if you make use of that PCI-E 3.0 and other added benefits .

ALPHA17, harry_houdini
But still I would recommend ivy over sandy if you make use of that PCI-E 3.0 and other added benefits .

i think Z77 chipset is better off with ivy than sandy bridge... so other than ivy will not be worthy for complete new rig...
if 2500k is available around 11-12k then 13k-13.5k as you suggested for the ivy e.g. 3570k seems fair price...

on the international online sites, there is just $10 difference between 2500k and 3570k

:confused1:

ALPHA17, harry_houdini

i think Z77 chipset is better off with ivy than sandy bridge... so other than ivy will not be worthy for complete new rig...
if 2500k is available around 11-12k then 13k-13.5k as you suggested for the ivy e.g. 3570k seems fair price...

on the international online sites, there is just $10 difference between 2500k and 3570k

:confused1:

Generally people bought it at 12-13 k , I said that was the lowest that the guy could bargain . Sorry for the confusion . The 10 dollars is just 550-560 of a difference .
Here its 3 thousand . Now you decide if its right ! . Hope eventually things would be fine .

:1ign13:
need suggestion on LED HD Monitor for this gaming rig...

around 10k+/- budget

2ms/5ms response time
good DCR ratio (???M:1)
screen size won't matter as long as 1080p resolution
HDMI 1.3a
least power consumption (30-50W)

optional: VESA mount

:signthankspin: in advance

:1ign13:
need suggestion on LED HD Monitor for this gaming rig...

around 10k+/- budget

You can look at the following models --
DELL ST2220L ~8500/- [22' LED backlit monitor, equipped with HDMI-IN connector]
BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [same-same as above]
BenQ G2420HD ~11900/- [this is a 24' monitor which is LED back-light and has a HDMI-IN connector]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

You can look at the following models --
DELL ST2220L ~8500/- [22' LED backlit monitor, equipped with HDMI-IN connector]
BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [same-same as above]
BenQ G2420HD ~11900/- [this is a 24' monitor which is LED back-light and has a HDMI-IN connector]

between DELL ST2220L and BenQ E2220HD later has HDMI 1.3 and all sorts of connectivity options but is high on power ratings (around 63W as mentioned on their site) while Dell has just HDMI but good power rating (around 28W)

G2420HD has also good features but only cons i find are DCR ratio (40000:1) and Power Consumption (On mode) 49W(max)

is DCR ratio of (40000:1) sufficient?
LCD/ LED ??? (considering power and performance)

HDMI or HDMI 1.3/a considering use as a PC monitor, gaming and in case as a second TV...
as i mentioned in earlier posts, if getting audio from monitor is not required since pc is providing audio-out at two points (back panel and front panel connection)

I found this info about HDMI 1.3

HDMI 1.3:

• Higher speed: HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future HD display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach significantly higher speeds.
  • Deep Color: HDMI 1.3 supports 10-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths, up from the 8-bit depths in previous versions of the HDMI specification, for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail.
  • Broader color space: HDMI 1.3 adds support for “x.v.Color™” (which is the consumer name describing the IEC 61966-2-4 xvYCC color standard), which removes current color space limitations and enables the display of any color viewable by the human eye.
  • New mini connector: With small portable devices such as HD camcorders and still cameras demanding seamless connectivity to HDTVs, HDMI 1.3 offers a new, smaller form factor connector option.
  • Lip Sync: Because consumer electronics devices are using increasingly complex digital signal processing to enhance the clarity and detail of the content, synchronization of video and audio in user devices has become a greater challenge and could potentially require complex end-user adjustments. HDMI 1.3 incorporates automatic audio synching capabilities that allows devices to perform this synchronization automatically with total accuracy.
  • New HD lossless audio formats: In addition to HDMI’s current ability to support high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby® Digital and DTS®), HDMI 1.3 adds additional support for new lossless compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audioâ„¢.
Source:

ProcessorIntel i5 3570K17500
MotherboardAsus Maximus V GENE16500
RAMGskill 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 RIPJAWS X
GPU
will buy later
SSDwill buy later0
HDDSeagate 2TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM Green
Optical DriveSamsung or HP OEM1100
Power SupplyCorsair TX750V27200
CPU CoolerCorsair H1007450
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5000
Keyboard+MouseLogitech K200700
MonitorBenQ E2220HD8500
Headset??????
SpeakersNA0
Total68521

Price Update: 31-7-2012
these r approximate prices, if found wrong, please correct me...
Benq G2250HM 22" LED Monitor: 9500/-
:23:

between DELL ST2220L and BenQ E2220HD later has HDMI 1.3 and all sorts of connectivity options but is high on power ratings (around 63W as mentioned on their site) while Dell has just HDMI but good power rating (around 28W)

G2420HD has also good features but only cons i find are DCR ratio (40000:1) and Power Consumption (On mode) 49W(max)

is DCR ratio of (40000:1) sufficient?

Prefer that you find the actual contrast ratio of the monitor as the Dynamic Contrast Ratio is a really inflated value and not indicative of the real performance of the monitor.

Read these articles for more details -- Contrast ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Display contrast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Contrast ratio (or how every TV manufacturer lies to you) | Crave - CNET.

@ampdr1 considering the relative pricing and performance of the two monitors DELL and BenQ and the glaring differences in power consumption, why go for the latter over the former?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer that you find the actual contrast ratio of the monitor as the Dynamic Contrast Ratio is a really inflated value and not indicative of the real performance of the monitor.

Read these articles for more details -- Contrast ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Display contrast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Contrast ratio (or how every TV manufacturer lies to you) | Crave - CNET.

ampdr1 considering the relative pricing and performance of the two monitors DELL and BenQ and the glaring differences in power consumption, why go for the latter over the former?

dell lacks HDMI 1.3, vesa mount , if just HDMI is more than enough for the setup i have mentioned then dell will be better choice...
coz HDMI 1.4 is out of reach in terms n terms of sheer pricing and the monitor will be more or less final buy for next 3-4 years so one should not have problem with just HDMI and not having HDMI 1.3 at least...

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Congrats , you have finally decided on the monitor .

well almost, but still only 90% sure, as long as,

around 10k+/- budget

1. 2ms/5ms response time
2. good DCR ratio (???M:1) or contrast ratio ( typ. )
3. screen size won't matter as long as 1080p resolution
4. HDMI 1.3a

these criteria r fulfilling, though not a single monitor has at least all these features so have to compromise on something at last... for now... :23:

dell lacks HDMI 1.3, vesa mount , if just HDMI is more than enough for the setup i have mentioned then dell will be better choice.

Can you furnish the details for the version of HDMI-IN connector on this monitor?

I think the ST2220L carries a HDMI-IN v1.3 port.

around 10k+/- budget

1. 2ms/5ms response time
2. good DCR ratio (???M:1) or contrast ratio ( typ. )
3. screen size won't matter as long as 1080p resolution
4. HDMI 1.3a

these criteria r fulfilling, though not a single monitor has at least all these features so have to compromise on something at last... for now... :23:

1. You gotta compromise on something , but as i I told you before , I never recommend people to compromise on a display . Its no use having state of the art hardware ( all that ivy and sandy bridges and shiny cabinets and all sorts of things ) and having a mediocre display .
Spend that 2k extra and buy what suits you . Trust me , if you compromise on the display , you will later regret it . Although I got no idea about displays and things , ALPHA17 ( Abhay ) will help here .
Compromise on your hard disk , buy a 1 tb instead of 2 and spend it on a monitor , it will balance things . Thou I dont know your usage , but personally I would be ok with a 1 tb but I have seen people , mainly music lovers , etc , use 5-6 tb . So if you cant compromise on your HDD space , find that 2k from somewhere .

2. Also I dont mean to offend you here , I have read but am not cent sure , but your choice of hard disk is wrong . WD green drives are normally not used as primary drives . They are slower for that purpose . They mainly store media as secondary drives or are used in HTPC configurations . WD Blue or Black can be used as primary drives .
3. Will you really use a VESA mount ? I have never seen a monitor mounted except in offices . Home users mostly never mount ! .

Note : Its a personal opinion , I feel something such as a monitor should have a bigger space in the budget . Others might think differently but this is just my opinion .

Can you furnish the details for the version of HDMI-IN connector on this monitor?

I think the ST2220L carries a HDMI-IN v1.3 port.

i don't know about dell, but i have not seen anywhere tht they have mention HDMI 1.3... so don't know about it...
where did u come to know about it?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

1. You gotta compromise on something ,

i am not opting for WD HDD, i just saw this "Seagate 2TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM Green" there is difference of 2k between 500GB and 2TB, don't about 1TB drive, so i selected this one... i will be choosing from seagate only...

for monitor, i completely agree with you so have not finalize on it yet though E2220HD looks good on features, the only cons are power consumption and 5ms response time...

Back