Budget 41-50k Gaming PC for 50K+

ampdr1

Disciple
Hello Everyone, I want to build a Gaming PC for around 50K budget... :)

Since it is on a tight budget, I may do it in steps with essential components at first..

So, here it goes...
:yahoo:

Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 50K +
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU -Intel i5-3570K
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte or MSI)
      • I may go for 2 Graphics cards at most, as CPU already has GPU... so 1st GPU now and 2nd one if needed...
      • Crossfire / SLI / Quad-GPU :scared14: :scared14: :scared14:
    • 8 GB - 2x 4GB DDR3-1600 MHz kit
    • CPU Cooler- should be easy to install and configure (Corsair, Cooler Master)
    • SMPS- sufficient Power for CPU, 2 Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, Optical drive, CPU Cooler, Motherboard (Corsair, Seasonic), should have good efficiency
    • SSD- for rapid caching purpose only or HDD- 1TB
    • Cabinet- ATX (Corsair, NZXT),
    • Monitor- Full HD, least Response time (Benq, Dell, Samsung)
    • Keyboard Mouse combo (Microsoft, Logitech, i-Ball) for now...
    • Headphone+Mic- Headset (for Gaming)
    • UPS
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 1 year
    • GPU

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing - NFS at medium to high settings
    • Simulation - AOE,
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p if possible or next best to it
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • YES, definitely as it has become "relatively" to do...
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i5 3570K-17k
Asus P8Z77-V-15.5k OR Asus P8Z77-M PRO-13k
Corsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k OR Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
Segate 1TB 7200RPM HDD-5.5k
Sapphire HD7850 2GB-16k OR Msi Twin frozrii GTX560Ti-13.5k
Corsair TX750V2-6,4k OR Seasonic X560-7k[Considering your dual gpu future needs]
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k OR Corsair Carbide 400R-5.3k
Logitech K200 Keyboard+Mouse combo-0.7k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.2k
Dell ST2220-8.5k
The above rig is going upto 70k as per your requirements so it's up to you to choose which components to get first.
Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

Intel i5 3570K-17k
Asus P8Z77-V-15.5k OR Asus P8Z77-M PRO-13k
Corsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k OR Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
Segate 1TB 7200RPM HDD-5.5k
Sapphire HD7850 2GB-16k OR Msi Twin frozrii GTX560Ti-13.5k
Corsair TX750V2-6,4k OR Seasonic X560-7k[Considering your dual gpu future needs]
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k OR Corsair Carbide 400R-5.3k
Logitech K200 Keyboard+Mouse combo-0.7k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.2k
Dell ST2220-8.5k
The above rig is going upto 70k as per your requirements so it's up to you to choose which components to get first.
Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

any better option for Monitor, CPU Cooler (what about Corsair H series?)
in case i use old 500GB HDD, can i be able to fit in SSD for faster performance?

For a better monitor you'd have to go for an E-IPS monitor-Dell U2311H-14k OR Dell U2312HM-14.5k,The IPS Panels are better than TN panels in terms of Picture quality,Contrast,Black depth.
You can use 4-5 HDD's With SSD so no problem with that,If you're going this big rig then i'd suggest you to go for Corsair 400R Case.
It'd better if you stick to CM Hyper 212 EVO or if you want to go big on ocing then Noctua NH-UI12P SE2-3.9k is the best option,No need to get anything beyond this.
any better option for Monitor, CPU Cooler (what about Corsair H series?)
in case i use old 500GB HDD, can i be able to fit in SSD for faster performance?

For a better monitor you'd have to go for an E-IPS monitor-Dell U2311H-14k OR Dell U2312HM-14.5k,The IPS Panels are better than TN panels in terms of Picture quality,Contrast,Black depth.
You can use 4-5 HDD's With SSD so no problem with that,If you're going this big rig then i'd suggest you to go for Corsair 400R Case.
It'd better if you stick to CM Hyper 212 EVO or if you want to go big on ocing then Noctua NH-UI12P SE2-3.9k is the best option,No need to get anything beyond this.

E-IPS panels r good, but they lack in response time which is crucial for gaming... so i was considering in Benq, like 2420HD???

in case i able to get good old 500GB HDD SATA-1 or SATA-2 around 2K, which SSD should i opt for?

EVO is recommended by many users but it gives only 1 year warranty and is a bit hard to setup, but Corsair Hydro are easy to setup and have 5 year warranty so i am confused between EVO and Corsair H series (H60/H80/H100, are you kidding!!! :scared14:)

Yes, EVO is little tricky for setup. better go for corsair H100 which will give you enough headroom for overclock. BenQ is good . I've been using BenQ GL2450 and its good though not in league of Samsung PX series. If possible, ask for Samsung PX2370 . If they've it in stock, it'll be best monitor to spend your money for the time being.

ProcessorIntel i5 3570K17500
MotherboardAsus P8Z77-V15500
RAMCorsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz3500
SSD?
HDDSegate 1TB 7200RPM5500
Optical DriveLG,Samsung,????
Power SupplyCorsair TX750V26400
CPU CoolerCM Hyper 212 EVO2200
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5300
Keyboard+MouseLogitech K200700
Monitor??
Headset??
Total56600+?

For RAM-> Corsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz or Vengeance® — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit

Monitor-> Benq G2420HD or ?

Headset-> ?

Optical Drive-> ?

SSD-> (Intel® Smart Response Technology, Intel® Rapid Start Technology, Intel® Smart Connect Technology) ???

ampdr1 I own Dell U2311H and i haven't seen any issues while gaming,It's your choice if you want size then go for Benq G2420HD or if you want way better picture quality and everything which i've mentioned above then go for Dell U2312HM.
For SSD-Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD-12.5k is the best of all.Optical drive you can go for any samsung or LG as they're all the same.If you're going to overclock the ram then Corsair Vengeance or Gskill RipjawsX would be a good choice.Sennheiser HD202-1.6k is a great comforting headphone with good base you can go with that.

ProcessorIntel i5 3570K17500
MotherboardAsus P8Z77-V15500
RAMCorsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz ???
GPU
Sapphire AMD HD 7850 2GB
SSD?
HDD
Segate 1TB 7200RPM
Optical DriveSamsung?
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5300
Monitor??
Headset??
Total72600+?

ampdr1 I own Dell U2311H and i haven't seen any issues while gaming,It's your choice if you want size then go for Benq G2420HD or if you want way better picture quality and everything which i've mentioned above then go for Dell U2312HM.
For SSD-Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD-12.5k is the best of all.Optical drive you can go for any samsung or LG as they're all the same.If you're going to overclock the ram then Corsair Vengeance or Gskill RipjawsX would be a good choice.Sennheiser HD202-1.6k is a great comforting headphone with good base you can go with that.

Thanks a Lot Jakob, for helping out so far... :bigok:

Headset=> Headphone+Mic (20-20,000Hz range)
SSD-> it will be used for caching so capacity is not concern but price is very big concern.... it should have at least twice the minimum capacity required for caching, so tht HDD performance is increased, thts it !!!
Monitor-> must have HDMI-in and Headphone jack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAM-> will be sure overclocking, tht is why i chose 1600MHz at start, so now, question remains Corsair Vengeance or Gskill RipjawsX???

Corsair Vengeance - a line of high-performance modules at an "attractive low price". The 8GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9, and it consists of two 4GB XMP modules set to run at a modest 1,600MHz with 9-9-9-24 latencies at 1.5V.
It's offers high capacity, decent speeds, low-voltage operation and a meaty-looking aluminium heatspreader.

G.Skill Ripjaws-X - It is in the form of 1600MHz Ripjaws-X. That's the same speed and capacity as Corsair's Vengeance, but G.Skill's modules have the edge with tighter 7-8-7-24 latencies. On paper, G.Skill's memory has a slight performance advantage, but there's a trade off - these Ripjaw-X modules are configured to run at an increased 1.6V. If you need room around your CPU for elaborate cooling solutions, G.Skill's kit does utilise shorter aluminium heatspreaders than the Vengeance.

So in my suggestion go with G.Skill Ripjaws-X.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

In your Monitor section i can suggest you to go with LG W2261VP Full HD TFT LCD 22" HDMI Monitor.
call on this no. 0872 111 22 22 for more detail.

so now RAM confusion solved !!! :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

what about SSD, Monitor, Optical drive price and finally comfort Headset ? :1ign13:

:signthankspin:

I have given you the name of monitor.
It's have the quality you required in your monitor. The LG W2261VP Full HD TFT LCD 22" HDMI Monitor.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

In your require form you say you want SSD- for rapid caching purpose only or HDD- 1TB.
So you are going with 1TB HDD and now you want SSD too.
But in your current budget it is not possible to buy SSD. Otherwise you have to leave 1TB HDD.
What do you want? Give us your actual budget. So we can reset your PC part.

for monitor, i am opting for least possible response time like 2ms + HDMI + Headphone Jack... 3D monitors are way beyond the budget so i am not mentioning those now...

I want to utilise the new tech of SSD caching so if budget is overshooting, then instead of buying new 1 TB HDD (prices r still very high), maybe i will settle for second hand HDD which i may get for around 2500 + SSD (which i thought will be cheaper now...) for caching purpose only...

at the most i can stretch my budget to 55k :fear: - 60k :bomb: right now...

parts which r yet to be decided r marked red and ? for price ... rest can be almost considered final...
:bigok:

If you are so concerned about your budget.. why don't you purchase a gaming console like PS3 or Xbox? You can buy a TV along with it as well within your budget..

If you are so concerned about your budget.. why don't you purchase a gaming console like PS3 or Xbox? You can buy a TV along with it as well within your budget..

I know this is a shoe-string budget for gaming, but i want Gaming PC not gaming console.... and about tv, it will be upgraded feature once digital cable is implemented properly... console limit usage only for gaming while PC can be a versatile machine... ;)

Price for:

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 latency
SSD-> 64GB++ capacity
Optical drive-> Samsung or LG
Monitor-> Benq 2420HD or better

:1ign13:

I know this is a shoe-string budget for gaming, but i want Gaming PC not gaming console.... and about tv, it will be upgraded feature once digital cable is implemented properly... console limit usage only for gaming while PC can be a versatile machine... ;)

The console can be used to watch movies, surf the internet and listen to music as well.. It's just that the titles are a bit on the expensive side.. but it will take quite a while for u to break even with the price of a gaming pc...

The console can be used to watch movies, surf the internet and listen to music as well.. It's just that the titles are a bit on the expensive side.. but it will take quite a while for u to break even with the price of a gaming pc...

consoles r build for Gaming mainly, other features r secondary while, PC can be an all-purpose machine with lots of headroom for future upgrading options...
this may seem old thought in today's world, with tablets, smartphones becoming more powerful in performance and affordable...
some r already stating that death of PC is not far away... :scared14: :scared14: :scared14:
for time being i think we will still need a PC as a base machine to take care of all gadgets we have... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
compare to tablets, laptops, gaming consoles, smartphones, PC give better VFM, choice to choose individual parts...
only drawback is the portability... :)

SDD - OCZ has launches its new Agility 4 series of solid state drives in India, starting from Rs. 6,450 for 64GB, with a 3-year warranty.
Featuring the SATA 6Gbps (SATA III) specification, the new OCZ SSDs use the Indilinx Everest 2 controller platform, normally used on the company’s flagship Vertex 4 SSD series.
For further detail go with this link SATA 6Gbps OCZ Agility 4 SSDs launched in India, starting from Rs. 6,450 - Storage Devices, Data Storage Devices | ThinkDigit News

Optical Drive - Sony is way better then these two drive mention by you in your budget.

Monitor - Benq 2420HD is quite an awesome monitor for playing games and watching movies. So no need to go with other Monitor.

it seems unanimous tht Sony is better choice for an optical drive... :) so Sony it is !!!
SSD decision is almost certain... any second opinon caompared to OCZ 64GB Agility 4 SSD in terms of price/performance/VFM ?
so any price update on Sony optical drive and Benq 2420HD

:sign20: techenclave-checker

after rechecking my components, i found out tht i was missing on GPU, so after adding it, total rocketed to 72K+ with Monitor, SSD and optical drive still pending....

so shall i go for HDD and get SSD later? adding monitor will make total around 82K++
so if i stretched my budget to 60K now only... what shall i opt for???

after rechecking my components, i found out tht i was missing on GPU, so after adding it, total rocketed to 72K+ with Monitor, SSD and optical drive still pending....

so shall i go for HDD and get SSD later? adding monitor will make total around 82K++
so if i stretched my budget to 60K now only... what shall i opt for???

hiiii buddy leave the GPU & SSD for future upgrade
First get the Rig then add GPU
later add SSD ( no benefit in getting a smaller SSD like 64gb getting a 128 gb is better ):)

Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Its not about the price of the titles
The graphics quality of pc games are far better than consoles :bleh:

ProcessorIntel i5 3570K14500
MotherboardAsus P8Z77-V10500
RAMCorsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz3500
GPU
Sapphire AMD HD 7850 2GB
SSD
HDDSegate 1TB 7200RPM5500
Optical DriveSony DRU-880S1100
CasingCorsair Carbide 400R5000
MonitorBenq 2420HD9500
HeadsetGenius HS-04SU or Philips SHM1900
Total75550

considering price of Intel i5 3570K to be 14500...
For Motherboard Link
please correct me on pricing of any components...

Corsair XMS3 2X4GB 1600mhz (9-9-9-24)
or
Corsair Vengence 2X4GB 1600mhz (9-9-9-24)
or
GSkill Ripjaws 2X4GB 1600mhz (7-8-7-24)

Performance, Availability in India, Price
??? still confused...

Power Supply -> Corsair TX750V2 => will it be an overkill for above setup + 1 more Graphics card in future ?

GPU -> Sapphire AMD HD 7850 2GB ???
:1ign13:

Back