[MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai Only

Re: 1mbps/unlimited/MTNL/Rs 500!!!

gamingstill said:
still no way close... i am already getting 3 mbps UL on mtnl 3g for 750/month... n 1 mbps UL for 500(mtnl broadband) xD. :)
How come.....there is nowhere on mtnl's website is this plan...can u pls elaborate...cos i m searching for a good ul broadband connection with not fup in mumbai.

krazypop said:
How come.....there is nowhere on mtnl's website is this plan...can u pls elaborate...cos i m searching for a good ul broadband connection with not fup in mumbai.
That's because the plan is only for Delhi

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

krazypop said:
And it's valid on the 3G USB modem plan that was the the talk of the town till last month. A similar plan is not available for MTNL Triband services.

i think this is pure speculation and makes no sense. Why would MTNL sell 1mbps which at this point of time is costing about 999 a month for 500 a month. Why would they sell 2mbps which is costing about 3999 a month for only as low as 700 a month?

I dont think MTNL is here to make losses of such magnitude and sell its services.

I would rather not read this thread and belive it only when MTNL announces it.

This is simply my views and doesnot reflect on any1 else reading.

^ Remember mate, 1 year back the plans were Rs 999 for 512 kbps. Don't know what was the cost for 1 mbps then. Bandwidth gets cheaper as years go by. Certainly they're not making any loss if they double the plan speeds, as currently the rates in India (across all major ISPs) are sky high.

Maybe the 2mbps on sunday was actually a stress test on servers whether they can stand 2mbps :eek:hyeah:

^ as far fetched as it may seem, it could actually be true..

lets hope it it.. with mumbai, soon delhi shall compete! :)

So, did anybody manage to find more about it?

I have a senior MTNL executive's number somewhere in my diary. Too lazy to dig it out and call :p

vivek.krishnan said:
Could be true as Hathway charges 6067 for 1yr, 1Mbps , No FUP (not quite sure on that one, the guy said download all you want...) along with some free movie streaming thing. So MTNL must come out with something equally attractive.
more info: The amt 6067 is all inclusive of all taxes. so no extra payment :)

yup , on this hathway 1 mb plan since a year , download all you want at 520 rs per month. Also had there 10 mbps plan for a few months was bloody fast.

blackbird said:
yup , on this hathway 1 mb plan since a year , download all you want at 520 rs per month. Also had there 10 mbps plan for a few months was bloody fast.

Thats not possible,hathway has fup of 30gb on 1mbps unlimited plan,

iamnew said:
Why is MTNL upgrading its plans while BSNL stays the same:(.I hope BSNL take over MTNL and bring some good broadband plans.
MTNL+BSNL merger is likely to happen.
New Delhi: The Union Government is planning to merge the state-run telecom public sector undertakings (PSUs)- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL). Both the companies have been facing stiff competition from private entities and with the new telecom policy, the Centre thought to merge both the PSUs.

Recently, both the companies lost their customers on a large scale with the unique facility of changing operator without changing number.

BSNL provides services all across the nation while MTNL provides services to metropolitan cities such as Mumbai and Delhi.

The Board for Reconstruction of Public Sector Enterprises (BRPSE) had recently recommended that MTNL and telecom equipment manufacturer ITI should be merged with the BSNL.

In the wireless market, BSNL has been continuously declining and has come down to fourth place while MTNL has almost lost its prominence in Delhi and Mumbai where cut-throat competition prevails in the market.

It has been decided if the public sector sectors undertakings are merged they will secure 12.10 per cent share in the wireless market. The Centre holds 56.25 per cent in MTNL while BSNL is 100 per cent owned by government.

The merger of BSNL and MTNL was proposed by the then Telecom Minister Pramod Mahajan during the NDA regime.
Government mulls BSNL, MTNL merger

just hope this happens soon i'll even be happy if i get 1mbps at 749 ka plan. switched to mtnl after getting f**ked up airtel services(as usual FUP and was added to a online storage plan which i didn't sign up for. took them 4 months to revert back my bill amount) and since then im a happy man.

joel.monty said:
WHat!!,i want to know if this is true im paying 700 for 749 ul plan.
Yeah i am paying the same, but people forget to mention that in addition to the 749, we need to pay atleast min of 150 for the landline plan.
So totally it comes to 899, instead of 749.

hi guys,

still i say its a waste of time even talking about it unless we read anything in print media or their site. We cannot speculate on anything just on the basis of presumption or rumour. If there is something like it going to be there, its gotta be communicated by official channels. I also remind you all that when MTNL increased speeds on sunday to 2mbps, they had it communicated on their site, the same was incase of increase of upload speeds.

MTNL, has a capability of 8mbps on their line which i have heard from a reliable source, no names but its true. At this point in time, this thread is just gossip and pure rubbish.

However, once again i would like to say these are my views and none of any other respected user on the board.

might be true because when i went for the new MTNL connection last year end, i wanted to pay for the whole year, but i was advised not to because i will not be able to change plans till the period i have paid for & he told that for the new plans which will get introduced in some months.

so lets wait & see, just like we are waiting for the Judgement Day :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

blackbird said:
not true, last month downloaded 60 gb
i had 20GB FUP on my 1MBPS plan that's why i migrated to MTNL.

but during the subscription i did get one month unlimited 1GB even thought my FUP was over, must be some advertising gimmick but then it was back to FUP.

Back