[MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai Only

Re: 1mbps/unlimited/MTNL/Rs 500!!!

Ethan_Hunt said:
OMG! F*ckin' A. I'm confused between taking the 888 one or the 1333 UL plan. I can't stand anything below 1Mbps, so might eventually pick the latter one. BTW, is it confirmed to be only for 3 months period? :(
Ditto. Thinking between 888 and 1333 UL. I'm currently on 849NU and every month I overshoot easily by around 800 bucks. :p

I think 1333 would be great.

I agree 888 plan is the best plan though I'm not sure if I'm comfortable going below 1 mbps at any time. 1333 is okay, though will mean an expense of another Rs 334 per month, not sure if I would be happy with that. :(

I think I'll stay with 1 mbps UL for now.

EDIT: Did some calculations and turns out 888 will be better than 999 if you queue up downloads for the night or Sunday. So I think I'll take this plan and use it on daytime strictly for browsing only, and night and sundays for videos and downloads.

Re: [MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs. 555/- | Day: 320 Kbps & Night:1Mbps

Hey everyone,
I have updated the first post & thread title for clarity. Thanks :)

Applying for DSL 1333 Plan right away

Let us know how it goes. I'll probably apply towards the end of this month. :)

Hey everyone,

I have updated the first post & thread title for clarity. Thanks

Thanks Dark Knight. :D

dinjo said:
Applying for DSL 1333 Plan right away
How to apply? 1504 or any online facility is there? And if 1504, works on Sundays?

^^Guys if want to take an MTNL broadband connection then how much installation charges do i have to pay? I know the charges are mentioned on Mtnl site but their site is just so confusing :S? And if i would take a 555 plan then every month do i have to pay 555 only or are there any hidden charges that i have to pay along with 555 bucks?

Call 1500 or fill up form here

MTNL Mumbai, Self Care Portal

The form is messy and should be avoided, the plan change would take effect only at end of month so apply before end of month and after 1 day they will at your landline to confirm the plan

^ Thanks mate. Doesn't look like the plans are updated online, can't find new plans in the drop down. Will call 1500.

malhotraraul said:
the merger has already been announced & in process, just in case you don't know :)
Lets hope this doesn't turn out to be an Air India-Indian Airlines like merger :-|

Arun1 said:
Lets hope this doesn't turn out to be an Air India-Indian Airlines like merger :-|
well, both government of India undertaking, nothing good can come out, they always show loss.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

arun687 said:
^ Thanks mate. Doesn't look like the plans are updated online, can't find new plans in the drop down. Will call 1500.
same here, not updated, just checked :(

I called up MTNL, Thane and lady said there is no such plan :O :| :S No plans for Thane ?? o_O

If you are indeed opting for MTNL, say goodbye to customer support. I migrated from Airtel to MTNL and so far my experience as far as customer support is concerned has been horrible. Not that I am complaining mind you, I am getting 2mbps without FUP for 1899. The sheer amount of data I download using MTNL in one month, I couldn't have downloaded in 8 months with Airtel. So, if you desire a high speed internet connection just to satisfy your download needs, MTNL is the right way to go but if you aren't too keen on downloading, I must warn you against MTNL. My connection gets disconnected atleast 20 times in a day. Needless to say, I have registered a complain atleast 8 times already and yet the issue has not been resolved. Well, as they say : Beggars cannot be choosers. :(

w1nD said:
I called up MTNL, Thane and lady said there is no such plan :O :| :S No plans for Thane ?? o_O
hahahaha same here, the lady says there is no such plan, when i told them to check their site & that the plans have been introduced from today, she checked & asked me to call tomorrow as they still have not received the order.

seems they have sent the order through POST :p

w1nD said:
Did you also tell them that it's listed on their official website?

@Bluffmaster: Go to their nearest office and get a line-man to visit your place and inspect the connection. That's what I did and now it hasn't disconnected even a single time for a month now.

Just tell them that the plan was launched today itself same thing happened when last 1mbps UL was introduced at 999 tell them to ask the seniors

Ethan_Hunt said:
Did you also tell them that it's listed on their official website?

@Bluffmaster: Go to their nearest office and get a line-man to visit your place and inspect the connection. That's what I did and now it hasn't disconnected even a single time for a month now.

Yea i told them that its listed on your site and is in effect from 15th.That lady was confused, mumbled something and hung up :| May be the representatives havent got any info on this.

Back