[MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai Only

Re: [MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs. 555/- | Day: 320 Kbps & Night:1Mbps

Oh yes, the good old "hang up" trick when cornered and confused. I'm amazed they even call it "customer service", when it's NOT. Heck, why not hire bots to sit there instead and just register our complaints and change our plans and be done with it. :p

Even if you say now plan change will take place from next month.

Where its written its only for 3 months.

I am planning to migrat to 888 plan from 999 1 mbps unlimit if its true.

MAGNeT said:
Even if you say now plan change will take place from next month.

Where its written its only for 3 months.

I am planning to migrat to 888 plan from 999 1 mbps unlimit if its true.
there is nothing mentioned about 3 months on the MTNL Site, except on the forum link provided on this thread.

1mbps 24 x7 downloading gets me 276 gigs in a month.... 9.6 gigs ideally in a day [Have to keep PC on full time] .. 888 plans gives me 9 gigs in one night..+ some chiri miri in day and in a month ideally 314 gigs... [314 gigs minus the day download and that too keeping PC on for lesser amount of time] ;) So for me 888 seems best vfm..I am also on 999 plan now will get 888..It would have been great if 1333 plan was around 1k range

And yea there is no mentioning of it being only for 3 months

Ethan_Hunt said:
@Bluffmaster: Go to their nearest office and get a line-man to visit your place and inspect the connection. That's what I did and now it hasn't disconnected even a single time for a month now.

I have the Line man's number, he has already inspected the connection 3 times, hell I even paid him 100 bucks for his efforts but to no avail. The problem resurfaces everytime. I have just come to accept it as a part of the package.

Bluffmaster said:
If you are indeed opting for MTNL, say goodbye to customer support. I migrated from Airtel to MTNL and so far my experience as far as customer support is concerned has been horrible. Not that I am complaining mind you, I am getting 2mbps without FUP for 1899. The sheer amount of data I download using MTNL in one month, I couldn't have downloaded in 8 months with Airtel. So, if you desire a high speed internet connection just to satisfy your download needs, MTNL is the right way to go but if you aren't too keen on downloading, I must warn you against MTNL. My connection gets disconnected atleast 20 times in a day. Needless to say, I have registered a complain atleast 8 times already and yet the issue has not been resolved. Well, as they say : Beggars cannot be choosers. :(

If you got parallel lines put a splitter dabbi for each telephone unit.That sovled my problem..each splitter costs around Rs.30

I am new to MTNL and I have few question.

1. How can I change my normal plan to the new DSL 555rs plan.

2. Where can I check my mtnl account and see my current triband plan and its usage.

3. Do they charge Registration fees, Initial deposit and Additional static IP rate as they were the things I saw when I tried to change plan on the MTNL Mumbai, Self Care Portal page, is this the right page and after that it is saying for digital signature but I don't have any digital signature installed so what I am missing here.

4. I wanted to have wi-fi installed at my house and I don't want mtnl wireless router so can you all suggest me a wireless router for around 1.5 to 2k.(Netgear,Linksys and DLink preferred)

w1nD said:
If you got parallel lines put a splitter dabbi for each telephone unit.That sovled my problem..each splitter costs around Rs.30

Any ideas where can I buy that splitter? I need for my BSNL connection

Gaurish said:
Any ideas where can I buy that splitter? I need for my BSNL connection
You should be able to get it in any roadside electrical / hardware shop i think.

Why don't they offer these as combo schemes ? With no charge for the telephone line, like the DSL_Unlimited_Combo_495 ( Call charges 1.00 /pulse ) plan ?
With these plans you will have to pay at least Rs 250 more the phone line, right ?

PoBoy said:
Why don't they offer these as combo schemes ? With no charge for the telephone line, like the DSL_Unlimited_Combo_495 ( Call charges 1.00 /pulse ) plan ?
With these plans you will have to pay at least Rs 250 more the phone line, right ?
Actually not 250 but 150 more for the landline rental. Minimal rental for landline is Rs. 150/- per month. :(

That is what even I hate. I never use the landline for making calls... hell, I have even disconnected my landline receivers from the connection! But one still has to pay the landline rental just so that one can use the broadband service.

That is stupid. It's the only thing I hate about MTNL. :mad:

I have the incoming only plan for my Landline and pay around 100 bucks for it's rental. I have had it more than a decade now. So still continue to use that number.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I have the incoming only plan for my Landline and pay around 100 bucks for it's rental. I have had it more than a decade now. So still continue to use that number.
That same plan's rental is Rs.150/month now... Maybe you enjoy the old tariff as your number is an old one.

So, Did anyone activate the new DSL 555 plan. Have those MTNL operators realised that there exists such a plan on their own website.

PoBoy said:

Yes.Actually the landline is their old bread and butter and you know this government people they have their dedication to old stuffs even if 6G is here you wont see them going away from landline.they got it from their ancestors they will run it even though its not worth with the time.

hi all.

these guys @ mtnl are fecking wanks!! they on 1504 dont know bout their own plan so i called 1500 and asked the lady there and she said, yes, if u do want them, u have to write a letter and that ur plan will be changed on the next billing cycle. Upon asking why the 1504 guys had no clues, she said their job dont involve talking new plans and services....

yea right lmfao

however, am shifting to the 1333 plan starting june, hopefully, ie.

nehaladsul said:
Actually not 250 but 150 more for the landline rental. Minimal rental for landline is Rs. 150/- per month. :(

That is what even I hate. I never use the landline for making calls... hell, I have even disconnected my landline receivers from the connection! But one still has to pay the landline rental just so that one can use the broadband service.

That is stupid. It's the only thing I hate about MTNL. :mad:

So you mean that if some one wants to take 555 plan then he has to pay 555+150 = Rs. 705 every month?

Re: 1mbps/unlimited/MTNL/Rs 500!!!

vivek.krishnan said:
Could be true as Hathway charges 6067 for 1yr, 1Mbps , No FUP (not quite sure on that one, the guy said download all you want...)
Sorry to pull up an old post, but i just saw this. reminded me of something funny. About 10 years ago, i got a 64k hathway connection, with the cable modem and all, and i said the download limit is too less (i think it was 1gb). The marketing dude said, no it will be enough, try it for a month, download all you want and see. not thinkign any more i downloaded all i wanted. and got a bill of 42k. yes, forty two thousand rupees. and the marketing guy had left hathway before anyone could ask him if he did verbally promise me the first month unltd. Ended up losing my 5k deposit and kept their cool looking cable modem!

About the landline rental, here's a tip. If you have a senior citizen living in your house, transfer the line in their name. With the senior citizen's discount, the 250 rental is only 187 something. Better than the incoming only 150. Of course it may be a bit much for saving 63 bucks a month, but i mention this coz my line was booked in my grandmom's name.

Back