In 2016 our satellite risat 1, which is a recon intelligence gattering spy satellite went offline due to debris field created near it.
Even though the public reason of the debris field is unknown, it is suspected that china did this.
It is after this event that the PM is said to have given the green signal for this ASAT testing. China again may have played a role in the 27th feb incident, china would have given pak pictures from their spy satellite or tried to blind our satellites. How else will pakistan know about military targets to hit.

US and russia have accused each other in the past of blinding or disabling each other satellite So the timing of this test may also be due to china, who is our only other Foe but with space capability.

As far as the missile downing our chopper, the only known public info is that our surface to air missile was launched but we do not know yet if it was brought down due to hostile missile or ours or even a techinical fault or pilot error, the investigation is yet to complete.

dont talk bs... no one said about anything wrong about isro/drdo or its capabilities...since you asking to read others.. if you do the same, you will know that, we had this capability long before... we have not tested it earlier(this itself questionable?). Only question was the timing of this event and involvement of PM as if all the previous isro's missions are announced by PMs.

dont talk bs
you are talking bullshit.
these test don't happen in day or two.
hear the interviews of previous chiefs of drdo.

their requests to test the technology were refused.
and we were twiddling thumbs after 2 of our satellites were destroyed by china.
come out of your congressi mindset.[DOUBLEPOST=1554024265][/DOUBLEPOST]
previous isro's missions are announced by PMs
it was not ISRO mission.learn something.it was DRDO mission and no one else.

thats why I told you beta,
you need to read.
I gave you relevant links to start you up.
Again i'm saying the something.. do not talk BS.. please read and comeback... DRDO cannot all alone do this kind of missions without any help from ISRO.

BTW Isn't you said few posts back, that it is the mission of department of space which is headed by modi.. so he had to announce the success.... And now you said, its DRDO alone which is under department of space?

we had this capability long before... we have not tested it earlier(this itself questionable?).
Read

A further implication of this test is it can also be used to hit ballistic missiles.

Satellite was moving at 7km per second and the missile has to catch it and penetrate.[DOUBLEPOST=1554028055][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont really follow up up to date things... and i dont want as well, because its well known fact, BJP will back to power once again... May not be modi, but someone else will be projected next.
I don't know what will happen in this election. A year ago i was more confident he'd win. If he isn't the PM then it means they didn't get enough seats. Gadkari has been making noises here.

Last edited:
gadakari has clearly said no to pm post. pm post would be modi ji himself. smnrock you are not reading and understanding. mostly you are fed by congress and it’s way of thinking. nehru did everything type.

open your eyes and read. it’s all available on open source.

it's vajpayee's experience that boggles my mind. How did he lose. Did the nuke test then won kargil, was the most decent politician we'd ever get.

And then he lost

Don't forget he'd been PM three times at that point.

he was sabotaged by his own people.
mahajan did India shining campaign .
and one more bjp guy also did play role to sabotage.[DOUBLEPOST=1554031136][/DOUBLEPOST]that era was stupid mahagathbandhan.
Don't forget he'd been PM three times at that point.

I'm also saying the same... "Read"... i'm merely questioning the timing of this execution and how our PM's involvement in this.

Hello pratikb ji... Read this, DRDO is comes under space ministry? Modi-ji heading this ministry?

what was fiasco?
it was a successful test and he is minister of space ministry for your kind information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Space

so as minister of space dept.it is his duty to announce test success to media.
it is of strategic importance and as good or better than nuclear test.

Oh and our own missile may have downed the MI17 CHOPPER. When will the truth come out.
It will come out and appropriate action taken. We don't hide losses or our mistakes.

https://theprint.in/defence/mi-17-i...-could-be-the-result-of-friendly-fire/214727/

It is sad but friendly fire is a reality and is more common than we think[DOUBLEPOST=1554033544][/DOUBLEPOST]
i wont be surprised if there is one more so called WAR against Pakistan before election.
I heard an analyst mention this and it would be a surprise for me.

Since Modi is going on an insecurity theme, who knows....though i'm generally against connecting the two.

That is security with election purposes.

As i said earlier he was put on the spot and had to take a high risk action that could easily also backfire. Yet he took the risk. I do not agree one bit that Pulwama incident was a gift to him. I would rather call it a test and fortunately he passed it with flying colours.

Last edited:
I'm also saying the same... "Read"... i'm merely questioning the timing of this execution and how our PM's involvement in this.

Hello pratikb ji... Read this, DRDO is comes under space ministry? Modi-ji heading this ministry?
As already mentioned he IS the space minister too. lol, who knew

Timing is a function of being ready for the test. Could be a co-incidence. Could have over shot the deadline if there was one. Had it been ready earlier i think the result would be the same.

There is some confusion here which the DRDO executive started. He said the previous govt would not allow it, we found out the next day that he never even asked previous govt. There was fear of international concern i guess. This PM went ahead with the A-SAT test.

he was sabotaged by his own people.
mahajan did India shining campaign .
and one more bjp guy also did play role to sabotage.
That is the popular perception but see this analysis

elections 1999 2004.JPG

What do you see. Both times Congress wins the popular vote. Difference is in 1999 they lost but the next round they won.

So winning popular vote is no guarantee of success. Those votes must be distributed around the country and not be only in a few pockets.

Next thing that surprises me is how similar the vote shares are. Not big swing. No wave.

In 2004, only 2 lakh less votes for BJP. So india shining theory is debunked there

And congress gets only 3 lakh more

It is this arithmetic that makes predicting win or loss very difficult

it is this concept of “First past the post” which was very well understood & applied by the Congress party. Instead of putting more campaigning efforts into constituencies it already had strong foothold in, the party chose to divert that effort into other constituencies where it was weak or was in tight battle with BJP. Increasing it’s seat ratio was primary and everything else was secondary because the party knew that if it had the right numbers, it could easily attract allies and could even pull a few away from rival coalitions (DMK for example) into their grip so as to form the next Govt.

That is how Congress won. To win people all over the country must give support.

Another point is our satellite Risat-1 was disabled 24hr to 48hrs after the surgical strike 1.0 in pakistan.
Coincidence, I don't think so. This was definitely china's doing. We would have got intelligence mostly via Risat-1 at that time. So the time line make sense.

Also there is a difference between we have the potential capability to conduct a test vs actually testing the kill weapon, considering we killed a small microsat-r satellite vs a big large satellite, this was definitely a message to china, which would have played a role on 27th feb either by helping pak via satellite recon or using their various anti satellite programs.

Had we had done a test at higher altitude, we would have gotten international condemnation because of the nearly permanent space debris.

It was operational partially possibly just some bits of telemetry being sent but the debris event occured right after surgical strike 1 (SS1). Also India cannot publicly admit whether the satellite is functioning or not at that time, remember right after the SS1 India was anticipating a retaliatory response from Paks. So we cannot disclose to the enemy that our eyes in the sky is down or not. Unless it starts to fall of it's intended orbit, which makes it obvious to countries that have the capability to track.

If we do admit publicly that china or some other country did this deliberitely, then the media would have again would beat the revenge drum and if we don't retailate we would look weak internationally. So a test like this will give china the message.

In 2016 our satellite risat 1, which is a recon intelligence gattering spy satellite went offline due to debris field created near it.
Not near it. If you see the NASA report the satellite itself was the cause of the debris field. Hence why ISRO used the term shedding. Its from the engines. Some reports in that nasa report indicate earlier russian & Chinese satellites with similar issues.

Indian RISAT-1 Spacecraft Experiences Possible Fragmentation

The Indian Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT)-1 Earth observation satellite experienced a possible fragmentation event on 30 September 2016 between 2:00 and 6:00 GMT due to an unknown cause. The spacecraft (International Designator 2012-017A, U.S. Strategic Command [USSTRATCOM] Space Surveillance Network [SSN] catalog number 38248), operated by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), carries a C-band microwave synthetic aperture radar. The spacecraft had been on-orbit 4.4 years and was in a 97.6° inclination, 543 by 539 km orbit at the time of the event. Stored energy sources include batteries and nine 11 N thrusters for orbit and attitude control. No debris had entered the SSN catalog as of early October.

Why'd it happen around that time, maybe it was being put to use the day before and this is just a result of wear & tear.

Even though the public reason of the debris field is unknown, it is suspected that china did this.
It is after this event that the PM is said to have given the green signal for this ASAT testing. China again may have played a role in the 27th feb incident, china would have given pak pictures from their spy satellite or tried to blind our satellites. How else will pakistan know about military targets to hit.

US and russia have accused each other in the past of blinding or disabling each other satellite So the timing of this test may also be due to china, who is our only other Foe but with space capability.
How do you blind a satellite ? Hmm..

https://spacenews.com/nro-confirms-chinese-laser-test-illuminated-us-spacecraft/

Soviets & Americans had a-sat capabilities in the 70s so they might have been taking them out entirely which is not the case with risat unless the govt is lying.

As far as the missile downing our chopper, the only known public info is that our surface to air missile was launched but we do not know yet if it was brought down due to hostile missile or ours or even a techinical fault or pilot error, the investigation is yet to complete.
We've not blamed the Paks for it. The accident happened 100km away from the border. Not them.

Last edited:
Not near it. If you see the NASA report the satellite itself was the cause of the debris field. Hence why ISRO used the term shedding. Its from the engines. Some reports in that nasa report indicate earlier russian & Chinese satellites with similar issues.

Why'd it happen around that time, maybe it was being put use the day before and this is just a result of wear & tear.
It could well be that but this is not our first satellite nor is it the first kind of satellite, Risat-2 was launched even earlier with foreign sensors with everything else being made in house. When it comes to such a complex topic with international ramifications, Nasa is also told what to tell by the US government. Even US and its various government branches, departments are no saints. They all lie worldwide as and when it suits them, it's just some are more credible and rational then others.

How do you blind a satellite ?

Soviets & Americans had a-sat capabilities in the 70s so they might have been taking them out entirely which is not the case with risat unless the govt is lying.
By using laser, Jamming signal, EMP, spoofing RF and taking over control and a whole lot of classified stuff. US and Russian satellites/ operational active UFO are now reported to be blending in that very same space debris which is making it even harder to detect and destroy. I bet both of these countries already posses, space based weapons to disable satellites. China may not be far behind.

We've not blamed the Paks for it. The accident happened 100km away from the border. Not them.
They also denied downing the chopper if its not a A2A missile, It could also be manpads which the terrorist in Kashmir have been known to posses in the past. Like I said the investigation is on going.

Back