Reliance Jio Rollout

I am working it the other way, using the Lyf handset hotspot with Neatgear repeater router... Gives good coverage and speeds for torrents as well...
How does that work?
I've got 2 routers set in bridge mode, connecting to my main router that connects to the net.
I tried connecting 1 router to my android phone's hotspot, and the internet for all my devices connected to that router worked, but I didn't have LAN file sharing, and I don't know how to assign static IP's while the hotspot is on.

Edit:
Okay... I think I figured it out.
I've got to change my subnet to 192.168.43.
The hotspot ip address is hard coded into android, so everything else has to change.

Last edited:
I went and picked up a LYF Flame 1 this afternoon. The Flame 6 was too pathetic to even give away after we're done using it. It's good value for money, but after 3 months, it's pretty much useless, whereas I wouldn't feel ashamed giving the Flame 1 away. I think it would have been quite a nice phone if the screen resolution was a bit better.
The guy at the store said he was giving me the last available SIM and that it would be activated by evening. He installed the Jio apps through a "walknshare" app that he installed at the store.
I did a factory reset after getting home, reinstalled the Jio apps through the play store, and installed 2 system updates of 166 and 88 MB.
Now, I'm waiting for the second update to install, and for my SIM to get activated.[DOUBLEPOST=1470831733][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let me know if you get it.. Thanks
I went to 4 shops today, and only 1 had both the SIMs and the lower end phones. It was the one I'd called and asked about getting the SIM with the Redmi Note.
This time, they, and all the other shops as well, said the offer is only available with the LYF and a few Samsung phones.

I went and picked up a LYF Flame 1 this afternoon. The Flame 6 was too pathetic to even give away after we're done using it. It's good value for money, but after 3 months, it's pretty much useless, whereas I wouldn't feel ashamed giving the Flame 1 away. I think it would have been quite a nice phone if the screen resolution was a bit better.
The guy at the store said he was giving me the last available SIM and that it would be activated by evening. He installed the Jio apps through a "walknshare" app that he installed at the store.
I did a factory reset after getting home, reinstalled the Jio apps through the play store, and installed 2 system updates of 166 and 88 MB.
Now, I'm waiting for the second update to install, and for my SIM to get activated.[DOUBLEPOST=1470831733][/DOUBLEPOST]
I went to 4 shops today, and only 1 had both the SIMs and the lower end phones. It was the one I'd called and asked about getting the SIM with the Redmi Note.
This time, they, and all the other shops as well, said the offer is only available with the LYF and a few Samsung phones.

Yep as i said they have been asked not to provide sim to other users now.

Only listed Samsung devices and LYF mobiles.

Was supposed to come out but don't know what happened then

I think samsung gave money to Rjio not to bring the offer for iPhone :p

Reliance Jio did not give away free sims to iphone users because iphone is a single sim device and no iphone user will make Jio his primary number and put sim in iphone.

Samsung mobiles are mostly dual sim so people can try Jio as secondary sim. That's why Samsung phones are more suited for such free giveaways.

But they can still decide to give it to iphone users at a later date. :)

You can activate using non voLTE device using jiojoin app as the app enable you to make call as voLTE device which is needed for first call i/e activation, i'm using jio on my Oneplus X, i can answer the queries if anyone needs any assistance then just tag me :)

Is it just me or has any body noticed a difference in inter calling between jio and other networks (vodafone, airtel,...) since the last 2 days? Initially i used to be able to make only 4 to 5 calls successfully after attempting 20 to 25 times per day.. Every failed attempt while calling would mean the message " Is route ki sabhi line vyast hain" :p

Since the last 2 days after the COAI news "https://www.techenclave.com/communi...ai-the-fight-intensifies.180865/#post-2095153" came out, i am able to make all outgoing calls successfully in the first attempt itself :), i dont recollect hearing that lines are busy message even once since 2 days.

What about using the sim in a 4G enabled Windows Phone (8.1)?
How can calls be made then, there are no apps for that?
I don't think so!! Does the 4G enable windows phone device you have support band 3 and band 40 LTE? also VoLTE is must to be able to make calls. If your device supports the bands but no VoLTE, the unlimited preview offer gets deactivated in minutes(if initially activated in Samsung or LYF handsets) and you will be left with 2GB data to be used on the handset thats all.

Back