Suggest a Front Load washer for 20-25K

wait for sep 29-oct 4 days.

I had a good deal at olx with the warranty as the owner was going out of state. bargained low for 8.5k for 6-month used m/c

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this saying that I am ok to go for a lower size as we have limited washing. Also, dont care much about the heater function.
Model of my current Onida washer is Onida 65TSB 4AG (onida-sparkle-65x).

Let me know if you have any recommendation @blr_p
See post #3

@jammy420 will wait for 29-Sep....but is there a sale planned then?

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this saying that I am ok to go for a lower size as we have limited washing. Also, dont care much about the heater function.

Let me know if you have any recommendation @blr_p

@jammy420 will wait for 29-Sep....but is there a sale planned then?
Flipkart big billion days , Amazon great Indian sale... usual diwali offers

Right, this onida sparkle is a TOP loader. Is this the machine ? Manual

I'm shocked to discover Onida does not even have a support section. No manuals on their website. This does not give me confidence about their support competence.

Now you are asking for a FRONT loader.

Can you tell me what the volume of that sparkle is in litres ?

Measure and post the internal dimensions of the tub here ?

Last edited:
Right, this onida sparkle is a TOP loader.

His needs don't seems requires such detailed planning, though I appreciate your eye for details. Just 2-3 ppl with limited washing. He just seems to require a good machine with good service support

His needs don't seems requires such detailed planning, though I appreciate your eye for details. Just 2-3 ppl with limited washing. He just seems to require a good machine with good service support
Wash capacity of the new machine should at least be the same as the old ?

I'm wondering how one makes the equivalence here.

Just because the volume of the two is the same does that mean the top loader can handle as much clothes.

It won't wash well so top loader wash capacity will be less i think.

Post automatically merged:

The "Kg" mentioned in washing machine refers to volume of drum only.
Kg is a unit of weight. Not volume

But the industry expresses it that way and this is meaningless.

I thought the KG marketing term meant the max weight of dry clothes that we could stuff into the machine.
This is what i'm told. But let's say you want to wash two loads. Jeans & saris.

Saris are lighter so you get more than jeans for the same weight.

Does this mean you can wash that many though ? no, because the volume of the saris will be more.

This is another reason why weight is a useless number.

You should go with volume. Not weight.

70% volume of the drum is max load.

How ever many saris fit into that. And how ever many jeans.

Last edited:
Hey Buddy...Issue is that I am in Hong Kong and the Machine is at my parents house in Bangalore....There is no way they can take the dimensions...but the machine is quite large and most of the times its filled at half as we have limited washing needs.

I do not need the same capacity as I told earlier and lower capacity would do.
I need a good reliable washing machine with good warranty and after sales. Seen IFB to offer 4 years warranty while LG is 2 years...
Machine would be used maybe 2-3 times a week at the max

Budget around 20K:)

Right, this onida sparkle is a TOP loader. Is this the machine ? Manual

I'm shocked to discover Onida does not even have a support section. No manuals on their website. This does not give me confidence about their support competence.

Hey Buddy...Issue is that I am in Hong Kong and the Machine is at my parents house in Bangalore....There is no way they can take the dimensions...but the machine is quite large and most of the times its filled at half as we have limited washing needs.

I do not need the same capacity as I told earlier and lower capacity would do.
I need a good reliable washing machine with good warranty and after sales. Seen IFB to offer 4 years warranty while LG is 2 years...
Machine would be used maybe 2-3 times a week at the max

Budget around 20K:)
Why are you looking at front loaders if your previous was a top loader ?

Looking at the manual, linked above it says the sparx will work with a 5A socket. No front loader will work on a 5A socket. It needs to be on a 15A socket. Do you have a provision for a 15A socket ?

The reason is the heater. You don't want a front loader without a heater because they need a maintenance wash to keep them hygenic.

A top loader is easier to clean because the tub is fully immersed in water. Not so with a front loader.

Last edited:
The reason I need a front loader is as I can fit this under my sink in the utility Area. And we have a 5AMP socket there. So thats not an issue.
So front load is more for us to move the washing Machine from Bathroom to the utility and free up the bathroom:)

Does a front loader need maintenance wash even if we keep using the heater?

Why are you looking at front loaders if your previous was a top loader ?

Looking at the manual, linked above it says the sparx will work with a 5A socket. No front loader will work on a 5A socket. It needs to be on a 15A socket. Do you have a provision for a 15A socket ?

The reason is the heater. You don't want a front loader without a heater because they need a maintenance wash to keep them hygenic.

A top loader is easier to clean because the tub is fully immersed in water. Not so with a front loader.

The reason I need a front loader is as I can fit this under my sink in the utility Area. And we have a 5AMP socket there. So thats not an issue.
So front load is more for us to move the washing Machine from Bathroom to the utility and free up the bathroom:)

Does a front loader need maintenance wash even if we keep using the heater?
You need a 15 AMP socket. 5A is not enough.

Usually you will be washing at 40 degrees. Heater won't come on because water is close to 40 from the over head tank already. The maintenance wash will be 70 degrees, it is with my LG so prevent any residues building up.

This brings up the next point. Front loaders need adequate water pressure. How high in feet is your over head tank from the washer.

I washed cold for more then 11 years in my front load, the interiors are like new, the heating element has no scale formation at all. So this is with cauvery water. I bet it won't be the same had i put it to hot, which takes a toll on the spyder arm which is of a different metal then stainless steel drum.

Cold here means close to 40 when the sun is out. Most washing gets done at that temp. I do bed sheets and towels at 60.

The monthly tub clean is at 70

Sorry I meant the big 15A Socket....Its there below our utility as the area has been specifically designed for front loaders.
We are on 6th floor and our neighbours have front loaders as well so pressure wont be an issue...worst case I can invest around 1200 bucks if needed on equipment to boost water pressure (kind of sure - wont be needed)

BTW: residues do come up in top loaders as well right - so assume they need this maintenance wash as well?

You need a 15 AMP socket. 5A is not enough.

Usually you will be washing at 40 degrees. Heater won't come on because water is close to 40 from the over head tank already. The maintenance wash will be 70 degrees, it is with my LG so prevent any residues building up.

This brings up the next point. Front loaders need adequate water pressure. How high in feet is your over head tank from the washer.

Would be operated by my Mom and just 2-3 people in the family.
We have a helper to wash the daily clothes so Washing Machine maybe used once in 2-3 days

Kindly Suggest:

Below some examples that I have seen:

Ok, i think you're good. Let's look at these two

LG 6kg.jpg bosch 6kg.jpg

Since you're unwilling to spring for the bigger LG model i think you should go for the Bosch.

Check out the depth. Lg 44cm, Bosch 55 cm. Which one fits under the sink.

The vol of the LG is 36 L, this Bosch is 42 L. I consider anything less than 50 L as small.

The downside with the Bosch is no spin speed selection. Since the model is an 800 rpm model, that is the default spin speed for all programs maybe slower for the delicates option. The LG offers a wide selection of spin speeds. In the hot weather i use 400 rpm which puts less stress on the machine than 800 rpm which i use in colder weather. The Demo guy told me not to use the 1000 rpm option at all.

bosch 6kg vol.JPG

Just because your helper shows up today does not mean they show up tomorrow, next month or next year.

No helper, bigger wash load. You will have this machine for years.

It will be slightly noisier than the direct drive LG but since its in the utility area this won't be a big deal.

Ensure it is leveled properly when it is installed. It should be sitting on the tiled floor and not some stand. I bought a spirit level to ensure this would be done right as the installers were going on feel only. Mind you mine was an LG, Bosch people might be better equipped.

In Bangalore service for Bosch will be good.

Gannu's review from 2012 :)

His model is 42 L

Ask for an engineer to be sent to the house to check before buying.

Can't say i'm a fan of Bosch controls. LG's linear layout is more intuitive.

Why does Bosch change the manuals ?

In 2012 it looked like this

Plain and simple

Now it looks like this

At this rate. in ten years it will be a list of pictograms on a page

Ones i would go for the bigger drum are below

58 L Drum

55 L Drum

7Kg LG does not have 55 L drum it has a 36 L

My 7 Kg with 55 L isn't available any longer. But the smaller size is (!)

Last edited:
Guys, sorry for jumping in. just wanted to know if washer cum dryers (front load ) are a good idea or bad..and the reasons why. Space is a premium in Mumbai and after a while I just can't handle putting these clothes out to dry and then washing half of them again because of the weather. machine will be used 2-3 times a week max for a 2 person household.. TIA

From 2011

I see everyone saying its superior...its superior; care to tell us why its superior?
I had a budget of 30k but since I could not find the actual reason why these are called as superior I got a whirlpool top loader with heater for 15k
your 'superior' talk is just like the showroom salesman mate; no reasoning provided:) (No offense meant mate)

haha!

Guys, sorry for jumping in. just wanted to know if washer cum dryers (front load ) are a good idea or bad..and the reasons why.
The drying isn't as good as a dedicated dryer. The other reason is complexity of repairs.

Space is a premium in Mumbai and after a while I just can't handle putting these clothes out to dry and then washing half of them again because of the weather. machine will be used 2-3 times a week max for a 2 person household.. TIA
Stack them (see last item) like this Bombay baba. Bosch & siemens allow for it.

Do you not have a balcony ?

Last edited:
@blr_p ...Thanks for the suggestions...I could see 58L and 55L suggestion but did not see any models within my budget (20-25k range).
Are u suggesting that I buy the same model which Gannu bought in 2012?

Apologies, If I missed something in your post :(

Stack them (see last item) like this Bombay baba. Bosch & siemens allow for it.

Do you not have a balcony ?

No sir. No balcony. for now the washing machine is literally at the entrance of the house.. the designing and planning is that effed up... the landlords son (supposed to be an architect/interior designer) has done such a weird job that one doesn't know what to do. I doubt there will be enough space anywhere in/around the kitchen to stack it.

My 2nd question is how do I clean my washing machine or even best practices for monthly maintenance? The service guys have come a few times and use some BS drum cleaner and descaler that doesn;t doo much.. clothes seem linty and while a couple of dozen baking soda cycles has reduced the amount they smell there still is a slight smell at times. I'm ok with the slight smell as adding a small cap of conditioner almost eliminates it but for the love of all things clean I am just not able to get a lint free or even grime free wash.. (Use an LG Top Loader)

Back