10MBPS unlimited download- fivenetwork(isp) for 5999/- per annum

malhotraraul said:
.............. i found a guy who provides the same in my area but when i spoke to him today, this bugger is busy in election & says can only do something after elections, whats the use when the scheme is gonna over this week itself.

in my conversation i also asked him the details about the connection, he said that i need 2 or 3 people together to apply for the connection, which is total bull.

i called five network & said the same, they said they have extended this upto 10th of November 2010, whereas i have not got any confirmation in writing.

as far as the area division is concerned it is only divided for TV & not for internet, only other cable guy cannot enter other cable wala's area, internet they so not have such understanding.

No, the area is divided for internet too. At least thats what the guy I spoke to told me. He flatly said that he couldn't risk cable theft / cuts by moving into another persons area. Also it is not financially feasible for them to install a cable far off from their core area for one person.

paraman said:
No, the area is divided for internet too. At least thats what the guy I spoke to told me. He flatly said that he couldn't risk cable theft / cuts by moving into another persons area. Also it is not financially feasible for them to install a cable far off from their core area for one person.
spoke to Five Network about this, nothing like this, just excuses.

i spoke to a guy from OM SAI ATAHARVA, who did you speak to ????

@all diwali over for me...trail period over :((...........bck to 1mbps.

and can ne1 using the 10mBps plan confirm from ur operators if he is givin wireless option...

malhotraraul said:
spoke to Five Network about this, nothing like this, just excuses.

i spoke to a guy from OM SAI ATAHARVA, who did you speak to ????
Same guy. One Mr. Bhushan Vaity. He runs his cable tv / internet business in Wagle Estate. So he couldnt provide me a connection in Naupada.

paraman said:
Same guy. One Mr. Bhushan Vaity. He runs his cable tv / internet business in Wagle Estate. So he couldnt provide me a connection in Naupada.
he is the same guy i spoke to, we can do collective complain to five network about the bull he has been giving, what say ??

intacto said:
@all diwali over for me...trail period over :((...........bck to 1mbps.

and can ne1 using the 10mBps plan confirm from ur operators if he is givin wireless option...

What exactly do you mean by wireless option ? Can't you plugin a wifi router and then make the connection wireless ?

^^ No all Wi-fi router supports DHCP/PPoE and few more modes. Just get a Asus RT-G32 (for arnd 1100/-) and flash DD-WRT firmware into it and you can use with with your Fivenet connection w/o any issues. All u might need is to get the MAC Address of your router added to their database.

I have been using Fivenet through my wireless router ever since I last remember. That too on stock firmware without flashing anything. Just that you need to spoof the MAC Address of your Ethernet-card on your wireless router.

I first called the Fivenet # on the website.

The fellow gave me a local number for my area (Sion).

I called Deep Communications from Sion West. (022-24072240 - For people who are interested :))

He's a few blocks away from my place.

He's confirmed the offer.

5999 + 3000 Line maintenance charge + 10.3 % tax = 9927/- for 12 months.

No additional charges.

Installation tomorrow.

On a different note, any idea whether I get refund for my MTNL WiFi router if I cancel the TriBand connection ? Do I have to surrender the device or do I own it ?

rajshah said:

I called Deep Communications from Sion West. (022-24072240 - For people who are interested :))

No additional charges.

Installation tomorrow.

On a different note, any idea whether I get refund for my MTNL WiFi router if I cancel the TriBand connection ? Do I have to surrender the device or do I own it ?
installation charges are not more than Rs.1500/- & please hold about surrendering the MTNL connection, wait for sometime & see & then decide.

rajshah said:

No additional charges.

Installation tomorrow.

WTF - LMC charges of 250 per month.(3K total ) :S . My local operator charges LMC of only Rs. 50/ month on any plan of 5Net.

malhotraraul said:
installation charges are not more than Rs.1500/- & please hold about surrendering the MTNL connection, wait for sometime & see & then decide.
he said line maintenance not installation charges. LM itself seems a bit high but that maybe coz u r buying a new connection.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
WTF - LMC charges of 250 per month.(3K total ) :S . My local operator charges LMC of only Rs. 50/ month on any plan of 5Net.
My operator has asked 1.5k as LM. Pretty okay considering it's a premium plan.

Pat said:
he said line maintenance not installation charges. LM itself seems a bit high but that maybe coz u r buying a new connection.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My operator has asked 1.5k as LM. Pretty okay considering it's a premium plan.
my provider said, Rs.1500/- plus the subscription charges, nothing else.

plus the other bull that he gave me.
well, one thing i noticed which i did not earlier that it is a limited company so it makes much easier for legal action against.

Back