Budget 0-20k 130 PCs for light office work - 16K budget

Well pricing is good.

What I meant by the age is that the software become relatively heavier and bloated as time goes by and seriously a second hand Intel Core 2Duo / Dual-core system is something I would advocate in the long run instead of the Brazos setup, that is a net-top / portable solution not a desktop replacement.

Then show a freely available tree having at least 130 leaves worth rupees 3k each. Or give an Intel alternative. Atom is not fit to lick the dust off the boots of E350. E350 is really enough for the use case mentioned by OP, I have an E350 laptop (you would call it a netbook) and I intend to run it for 10 years on Linux.

On proper operating systems you are not a slave to the vendor, and can decide to use Software that suit you rather than Software that suits the "vision" of the operating system author. Cellphone user interface is not forced on you since the company wants to sell its tablets at the expense of cattle err... I mean desktop users.

Then show a freely available tree having at least 130 leaves worth rupees 3k each. Or give an Intel alternative. Atom is not fit to lick the dust off the boots of E350. E350 is really enough for the use case mentioned by OP, I have an E350 laptop (you would call it a netbook) and I intend to run it for 10 years on Linux.

On proper operating systems you are not a slave to the vendor, and can decide to use Software that suit you rather than Software that suits the "vision" of the operating system author. Cellphone user interface is not forced on you since the company wants to sell its tablets at the expense of cattle err... I mean desktop users.

=| , no need to go NINJA on me. I did not go ballistic on you.

Okay, it is OP's call but I do not see him using Linux, we are using it because it us (and our system). He is outfitting an office and we know the demographics of users (and what they are accustomed too). Cheers!

Well the vitriol wasn't directed at you, sorry if it appeared like that. But I can't be polite to Wintel. OP mentioned Ubuntu 12.04 as the intended OS.

AMD is not getting its due on this forum, even in the narrow niche they are good at. Without AMD, Intel stops innovating and you get P4 furnace. With the AMD X2 and 64 kick in the nuts, Intel gives you the awesome core 2. At least enthusiast forums should remember this.

Well the vitriol wasn't directed at you, sorry if it appeared like that. But I can't be polite to Wintel. OP mentioned Ubuntu 12.04 as the intended OS.

AMD is not getting its due on this forum, even in the narrow niche they are good at. Without AMD, Intel stops innovating and you get P4 furnace. With the AMD X2 and 64 kick in the nuts, Intel gives you the awesome core 2. At least enthusiast forums should remember this.

^^ Ummm... okay, good.

Yes I agree that AMD was the upstart who said screw core-speed, lets go multi-core and that is what got Intel's attention. But we cannot stick to past glories, I was a glorified idiot those days. Had bought a brand new Intel Pentium D system and now half-regret and half-amuse myself thinking of those days. Said RIG is still running with XP.

Now back to topic at hand, if OP is set on using Linux + AMD Brazos, I am perfectly game for it. Nothing would make me happier to see AMD back in the x86 game but for now please don't just jump into 'hyper-gear' when such debates start most people will not take to it kindly.

Finally, it seems FX- is on a recovery track, checked a few benches for the FX-4300 and -8350, they are considerable improvements over Thuban (should have been the Bulldozer released earlier). Cheers!

What do you mean "if" ? Read the first post.

And I should care because ?

'if' is OP's will, I am not to sway it here. If he wants it some way that is the way. Yes, I read the first post.

Don't care. I wasn't being preachy OR admonishing, suit yourself.

Back