Monitors 1440p 144Hz monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Anderson

Disciple
Hi All,

I've been using a LG 4K-UHD 27UD68P for quite a while now. While the 4K gaming has been quite amazing ( yes my PC is quite capable in gaming at that resolution https://in.pcpartpicker.com/b/tbV6Mp ), the screen tears have been quite annoying. I'm thinking of moving to a 1440p monitor that can do high refresh rates. But most I see out there in the market are priced quite high. Any specific recommendations from you folks here?

But most I see out there in the market are priced quite high.
Naturally, you're looking at 144Hz displays!
If you're planning to buy it in India you should look for one of your liking and then read individual reviews. Many of us are still sporting 1080p 60Hz. :D

Naturally, you're looking at 144Hz displays!
If you're planning to buy it in India you should look for one of your liking and then read individual reviews. Many of us are still sporting 1080p 60Hz. :D
:)

Anybody out here using a 1440p 144Hz display? Would help to hear a first hand experience.

Anybody out here using a 1440p 144Hz display? Would help to hear a first hand experience.

I've been looking for this fabled monitor for a couple months now. Most 1440p 144hz monitors available in India, especially GSYNC, are 50k+. There was a freesync one but it wasn't all that cheap in comparison.

The only monitor I've been able to find is the AOC Agon which has a retail price of 27k for 24inch and 33k for 27inch. The problem is I cannot find a seller and after calling the AOC office, they directed me to a salesperson who doesn't answer calls.

I have been using the Asus PG279Q for the past two months.I made the switch from 1440p 60hz to this and the difference has been quite noticeable,the switch from 60hz to 144hz has been such a good experience that whenever I use my old 60hz display,it feels quite sluggish in comparison.

The switch from 1080p to 1440p especially on a 27 inch+ display was also a good upgrade when I did that.

Gsync has helped in removing the screen tearing in games with high fps.To push high framerates in AAA titles at 1440p 144hz you need to have a high end GPU.I am on a gtx 1080 ti.

I've been looking for this fabled monitor for a couple months now. Most 1440p 144hz monitors available in India, especially GSYNC, are 50k+. There was a freesync one but it wasn't all that cheap in comparison.

The only monitor I've been able to find is the AOC Agon which has a retail price of 27k for 24inch and 33k for 27inch. The problem is I cannot find a seller and after calling the AOC office, they directed me to a salesperson who doesn't answer calls.

That's interesting. I'll keep an eye out on these monitors. They seem to be priced quite well.

I have been using the Asus PG279Q for the past two months.I made the switch from 1440p 60hz to this and the difference has been quite noticeable,the switch from 60hz to 144hz has been such a good experience that whenever I use my old 60hz display,it feels quite sluggish in comparison.

The switch from 1080p to 1440p especially on a 27 inch+ display was also a good upgrade when I did that.

Gsync has helped in removing the screen tearing in games with high fps.To push high framerates in AAA titles at 1440p 144hz you need to have a high end GPU.I am on a gtx 1080 ti.

Yes, I use a 1080 Ti paired with a i5 6600K running at 4 GHz with 16 gigs of DDR4 memory. Plus the SSDs to make the games load faster. So spec wise I'm quite fine. The question was whether I should move from 2160p 60Hz to 1440p 144Hz. My current problem is screen tearing which has been quite frustrating and plus the high framerate gaming, which I am keep on trying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back