2* Win 8 keys for 900 bucks from Dreamspark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try it on my laptop with a spare hard disk before installing it on my desktop. For laptop, I am getting official Win 8 upgrade for Rs.699/-.

Will I loose one key in process of this trial ?
yes , full hardware/machine cannot be changed

I want to try it on my laptop with a spare hard disk before installing it on my desktop. For laptop, I am getting official Win 8 upgrade for Rs.699/-.

Will I loose one key in process of this trial ?
Just make sure you don't activate your windows license on your laptop after the installation, so as long you don't connect to internet you should be fine. I think windows will allow you 30 days without activating the license online.

I am able to sign up using Firefox some problem with Chrome :)

I have paid via Debit Card still waiting for email :( been waiting 8+ hours :(

Who gives a shit? its a loophole that is getting exploited here SO WHAT!!!!,even if they found out that we are not student and terminate our member ship we can still use the products,it says so in the T&C it self.

I really don't know what is the benefit of discussing about the legality of the whole deal.

I for one used my friends college details,he is doing Post grad so technically for me atleast its not piracy.

The point of discussing the legality is that if it isnt legal (and you buying for personal use using your friends details is not), its no different that going to TPB and downloading the cracked version. Posting a link to that would get you a warning or banned from this forum, I dont see why this shouldnt.

Also, if you dont have an issue with piracy, why pay for it?

Why is this all users with less than 20 posts are questioning the legality ? too young to know the real life around

Can someone tell me how legality of software is checked by MS for which there is no Keys?

It isnt, its no different than pirating a DRM free game in that sense

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this all users with less than 20 posts are questioning the legality ? too young to know the real life around

Sorry, I was under the (apparently) wrong impression that piracy is not allowed on this forum.

Guess I should start posting links to nice torrents then on your advise dear poster with 1400+ posts

It isnt, its no different than pirating a DRM free game in that sense

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I was under the (apparently) wrong impression that piracy is not allowed on this forum.

Guess I should start posting links to nice torrents then on your advise dear poster with 1400+ posts
Piracy is not allowed on this forum but we do have a private tracker invite request/trade thread , dont we . If you dont like it , dont take it . Everyone knows the legality of this and has been posted earlier here . If you take it in name of someone who is allowed to use it and both can use it and its fully valid . It was around from years and I just posted it . MS is aware of it , was aware of when Win 7 came and same deal came . So are you sympathising with MS or are you unhappy that people are misusing the student check or valid students are taking and giving to their parents/brothers/sisters/cousins or what ?
And reference to post count because people should spend some time , see how things are around , how thing function etc etc instead of questioning ....

Tell me tmaster are you sure you have never done any such thing ?
Never watched any English/Hindi movie rip ?
Watched movies only in theatre or hiring DVD/CDs from authorised retailer
Never listened to any MP3 CD
Never used BSNL 3G while paying for 2G or used net using proxies
Never borrowed game cd
Downloaded only legal torrents in life
Never watched pron ?

There are many such things but these are most common of all ...... so tell me your answer and you would have answered yourself . Life is little complex than you think . I am not at all supporting piracy . Theres not a single app on my android devices which is pirated . Google has priced them in such a way that they are easily buy-able . Same is with games these days .(removed personal info)

I have had enough of this legality and morality and now i dont intend replying to these posts . All those who are unhappy with it do what you is right course to do in your mind

@tmaster
I'm a masters student of certain reputed college which allows me free access to IEEE and ACM via college account.
I could have got the keys for free somehow, yet I paid something for a new ACM subscription and got the keys, for which I wouldn't have spent a penny on usually.

Say you are getting an item worth 50k from ebay under weekly deals at a discounted price and luckily some 10% coupon is working over it, which shouldn't work usually. So you'll jump at the offer and save 5k or be the righteous guy and buy it without coupon?

At-least we are not downloading a pirated copy and activating it like the you know how way!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
tmaster
I'm a masters student of certain reputed college which allows me free access to IEEE and ACM via college account.
I could have got the keys for free somehow, yet I paid something for a new ACM subscription and got the keys, for which I wouldn't have spent a penny on usually.
that answers my pm

Has anyone heard of Microsoft HUP or Home Use Program? Microsoft provides softwares very cheap to employees of certain Organisations (volume customers) for home use. I bought my Office 2010 Pro license through that just for 450 / - bucks. Point is that I bought the license on my brothers' name. Now if you see here, Microsoft is more than happy to let the relatives of the Employee to buy and use the software. Why you may ask? Many reasons :
1. Cheap software will arrest piracy.
2. There would not have been a license sale had it been priced in full, but there is one now. And could be more since the software has been priced right. That's profit for Microsoft!!
3. Legal software ensures timely patches. And thus will be more secure than pirated ones. This can lead to lesser number of infectable machines and lesser infamy of Microsoft.

Please do not think that Microsoft is not aware of End Users of discounted softwares. They do but they do not promote openly for the sake of Retail buyers. These schemes have long been used by many in Developed countries. Go, Google on Discounted Windows , and you will be presented with a list of loopholes that can earn free/heavily discounted Microsoft software licenses. And trust me, IT'S LEGAL.

Still waiting for details its been over 18+ hours someone faced such issue delay email i gave gmail id while signup?

Still waiting for details its been over 18+ hours someone faced such issue delay email i gave gmail id while signup?
Have you opted for Dreamsparks after logging to myACM?
(Please go through the 1st post for more details)

My bad forgot to open web account :( is there are anyway to open web account or should i contact support?
And use the same email-id which you gave to acm while making the payment, that way your account will have your payment details etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back