2-year-old accidentally kills his mom in Wal-Mart!!!

But when i asked for some sparklers to celebrate 4h of july they said it was illegal (!)

Asked if there was some secret code or handshake, could they do a brown paper bag under the counter sort of thing. Promised i would not give them to kids.

NO!

So yeah, i like the way we celebrate Diwali in THIS country.

Diwali is a bad vice due to crackers. Good that they are outlawed abroad. :)

Does that mean we add one more vice to the legalised kitty?
That's a new perspective I am getting now. We already have hundreds of ways to kill ourselves just add another because it will co-exist nicely with other vices. Why not to make all such vices legal. There will always be people who are responsible and will use the vices within limit and other morons will suffer because they are either careless or practice to the extreme and then suffer.

In that case should we legalize homicide? Or for that matter trading in narcs?. You know that these things will continue irrespective of whether it is legal or illegal.
It does not matter whether people indulge in it or not. It's a sociological question. As a society do you want the vice to be controlled or not? Step 1 is to put into the purview of the legal system. Next, take steps to implement it. Keep on improving on implementation. That's how it works. You will not be successful hundred percent of cases but unless there is complete anarchy in society a good number of people (average people with average common sense) are likely to refrain from doing that.
In the end all I can say that guns are one of the easiest tools available to injure or kill someone and are likely to be mis-used by many. So bring this into the purview of controlled items. If you are convinced that fire-crackers are equally deadly or nail-guns are as bad as the guns then build up your case and fight to bring their usage under control. In my opinion, free possession of guns is a big no-no and is not altered by the fact that killer knives can be freely possessed by the common people.

Last edited:
^^ That is stupid logic at best. There are thousands of things in our world that can be can be used both to save or enhance our lives or take lives based on whose hands its in and how they are used and guns are no different. It is a tool like any other that can be used either for self defense or to go on a killing rampage for no particular reason. But for some reason, either stupidity or self delusion of the people makes them focus and target guns and guns alone for this kind of nonsensical arguments . Do people really believe that all our problems or at least even one of them would be solved by banning guns.

Why does our country have an army and police and why are they allowed to have guns? By the kind of logic people put forward, lets get rid of them all together. The basic premise of all these arguments seems to be that anybody can be irresponsible with guns, so police and army are also included in that list. If public cannot be trusted to have a right to own a gun to protect themselves, why should they have a right to build an army or equip them with weapons to protect their homes and their country?

And no body ever said any thing about free procession. They should also be regulated though a licensing system just like auto mobiles. Auto mobiles can also be used in a good or bad way, In fact when used in a bad way or negligently, they are far more deadly on the roads than any guns available to public. In fact, they are one of the leading case of deaths in India. People in our country are far more irresponsible with auto mobiles and causing deaths every day far more than guns in any country, but I don't see people asking for a blanket ban against vehicles. Heck they are instead protesting against proposed increase in fines for traffic violations like drunken driving.

Also, it is amusing to note that in many of the countries that oppose ownership of guns by public, still seem to have nothing against owner ship of air rifles, pistols and BB guns which can be just as deadly. I have a powerful Air rifle which fires lead pellets and I have had that since 7th standard. If used irresponsibly, it can also cause injuries and even fatalities just as any real gun. I also remember that the receipt mentions it as a "toy gun".

If people should have a right to own an vehicle on the assumption that they will use it responsibly rather than going on a rampage on the roads, then there is nothing against letting them have the right to own a gun with the assumption that they will wise use it in a responsible manner.

As far as I am concerned, all this nonsense about how guns kill people and that they should be banned is just that, self-righteous nonsense. People kill people and they can do that guns or with anything else. People killed each other with stones. It is all just a farce to claim that banning guns would make any difference at all for the better.

However, I do understand the point that many of our country men still tend to be far too immature, uncivilized, stupid and irresponsible to have a right to own a car leave alone a gun or for that matter many other things that technology and development has put in our hands.

Why does this keep popping up in the unread posta every other day.. Close this thread already..

Btw I can just stfu and ignore this thread..
(There I just saved one more useless reply I'd get to my post)

Back